Note to Miley Cyrus.....

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't see a need for squats. I can't see most of us being thrilled with a freeze frame of our own butts mid dance or activity. Of all the things to talk about in that performance, the bikini getup and her body would be pretty much bottom of the list. (Then again, I found the backlash against Janet Jackson pretty over the top too. We're freaking out about a body part that nearly everyone barring a medical condition has two of? Chandler Bing even had 3.)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Let's just complete the imagery, shall we...

1184839_713233928692868_409432775_n.jpg

LOL... WIN
  • smantha32
    Options
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Her TONGUE: Why is her tongue so white ? Lights? Noticed it on the red carpet too - weird looking to me anyway.

Edited because of typo..
  • smantha32
    Options
    Her TONGUE: Why is her tongue so white ? Lights? Noticed it on the red carpet too - weird looking to me anyway.

Maybe she never brushes it, and it's all gunky.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Who's making assumptions? She's very open about her "lifestyle" choices. And as the person before brought up, her several stints in rehab have been highly publicized.

What stints in rehab?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    as crazy as miley is, amanda Bynes can outcrazy her any day of the week. Miley=staged crazy Amanda= The real thing crazzzzzzz with a y..crazy!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Snip

I hate these blurred lines
    I know you want it
    I hate them lines
    I know you want it
    I hate them lines
    I know you want it

...Yeah, that's totally a consensual sounding situation. o.O "Blurred Lines" is quite literally about the "blurred line" between non-consent and consent. Because, you know, she wants it. Oh, and STELLAR writing. Totally a real deal with lyrics like those. There is a major difference between being sexual and being degrading. "Tried to domesticate you"? Yeah, sorry, not a dog. I don't need someone to domesticate me.

Have you read all the lyrics? It's not the singer trying to "domesticate" the girl, the current boyfriend she clearly wants to leave tried to.
    I have. It's followed with "but you're an animal, baby it's in your nature." The point is not which person is trying to "domesticate" the woman, it's the use of the metaphor as demeaning to the woman it addresses.

You do know the song is about his wife and how she was very angelic when first married and slowly he brought the freak out in her?

As far as his wife worrying about this according to reports she had no issue and knew what was going to happen as there were rehearsals
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    And to think I actually work hard to write my own music for our band and be a respected musician.

I'm a woman, of course, all I need to do is take my clothes off and act like a wh*re!

Gonna try it at my next gig...
  • brittanydwright
    Options
    well i like miley and i am glad she is wild andcrazy enough to do what she does you only live once just have fun!!!!!!! :)
  • irakrishna1
    irakrishna1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Real talent does not require a person to go to such lengths to get noticed. Please take a look at how many records Adele has sold. :) "By 2013, the album [21] had sold 26.4 million copies worldwide"

Way to go Adele! A woman with real talent and respect for herself!!

th?id=H.5061568496010312&pid=15.1

Just to point out, Adele is no saint, she curses every time she opens her mouth...If you've never heard her at an award ceremony look it up. Nobody is perfect. A lot of people suffering from 'The Madonna/*kitten*' complex in this thread. Different people are different and that's okay. And women who are comfortable with their own sexuality are not necessarily slags or *kitten* or any other nasty derivative of that.

The point is not that Adele is a saint and Miley Cyrus isn't. The point is that Adele's talent can stand on its own without shock value. She doesn't curse to get attention. She curses because its part of her personality and not her personna. Are you going to tell me that Miley just sits around at home in flesh-colored patent leather bikinis twerking on crotches with her tongue hanging out? You truly think there is a legitimate comparison there?

And my point is that it doesn't have to be so polarised. Does it mean Miley Cyrus is a *kitten*?! No! She's a performer. And she's a kid! A bunch of old ladies on a forum judging a kid leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. You all ought to have more sense.

:P A kid?!!! Then this ultra sexual depiction of a child can not be supported! Anyhow I think she has worked hard enough to break that Disney mould so let's give her the due credit. Her body is fabulous though that was an ill fitted dress. Overall I found the performance hilarious as much as some of the comments here! :D
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    And to think I actually work hard to write my own music for our band and be a respected musician.

I'm a woman, of course, all I need to do is take my clothes off and act like a wh*re!

Gonna try it at my next gig...

You also need to make sure you have the foam finger...yeah...can't do it without the foam finger...
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Think she's lovin the Molly. It's a shame..

91597369-f05f-4226-8eb0-d94239818d07_zps5bc6f107.jpg

Bahahaha!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't/didn't care enough to watch it.

Load of old tosh...
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think its odd that Miley is getting so much critisizm for this...yet the singer she performed with was also acting "lewdly" and nobody mentions HIM. Oh wait..he's a GUY...he's "allowed" to express his sexuality and be slutty and it's OK..
    We're not criticizing him because he's a 36 year old adult, while she's a 20 year old kid. It's unsettling to watch someone not even old enough to drink behaving like that. The sex of the parties has nothing to do with it.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We're not criticizing him because he's a 36 year old adult, while she's a 20 year old kid. It's unsettling to watch someone not even old enough to drink behaving like that. The sex of the parties has nothing to do with it.

I don't think she's a kid at 20, but if you do, wouldn't that make criticizing the adult man more suitable? Since he's being unsettled by a kid?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I think its odd that Miley is getting so much critisizm for this...yet the singer she performed with was also acting "lewdly" and nobody mentions HIM. Oh wait..he's a GUY...he's "allowed" to express his sexuality and be slutty and it's OK...

20 is an adult.
  • woody7890
    Options
    Best reaction ever!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    her poor father. All I can say is ......wow!