Options
    Snip

I hate these blurred lines
    I know you want it
    I hate them lines
    I know you want it
    I hate them lines
    I know you want it

...Yeah, that's totally a consensual sounding situation. o.O "Blurred Lines" is quite literally about the "blurred line" between non-consent and consent. Because, you know, she wants it. Oh, and STELLAR writing. Totally a real deal with lyrics like those. There is a major difference between being sexual and being degrading. "Tried to domesticate you"? Yeah, sorry, not a dog. I don't need someone to domesticate me.

Have you read all the lyrics? It's not the singer trying to "domesticate" the girl, the current boyfriend she clearly wants to leave tried to.
    I have. It's followed with "but you're an animal, baby it's in your nature." The point is not which person is trying to "domesticate" the woman, it's the use of the metaphor as demeaning to the woman it addresses.

You do know the song is about his wife and how she was very angelic when first married and slowly he brought the freak out in her?

As far as his wife worrying about this according to reports she had no issue and knew what was going to happen as there were rehearsals

Yeah, I heard that's one explanation he came up with after being called out on the song sounding rape-y. I'm skeptical, given that they were supposed to be high school sweethearts, but whatever. Personally, I don't care how much he wants to dehumanize his wife in private, I don't have to like it. Does Eminem's song about Kim become any less troubling because it's about his ex-wife? Doesn't that kind of make it even creepier?

Apples and oranges. Eminem's song Kim is about murdering his ex wife. There is no mistake about what the song is about. I dislike the song Blurred Lines, but comparing it to Kim makes no sense to me.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    and yet everyone was so happy and applauded the dixie chicks when they had the song good bye earl
  • flab2fit_30
    Options
    I absolutely love miley. her philosophy about life is that she doesnt care what people think. she went on stage with Robin (who by the way, rehersed that whole performance with her many times im sure) and they did what they wanted to do. the vmas isnt a concert for them- if she were performing a concert she would take it a lot more seriously but for the artists the vmas is fun for them. Justin timberlake said it best "if something like that didnt happen the vmas would be boring"
    besides, mtv is not for kids honestly. i dont have children but if i did they would not be up late watching mtv music awards.