Note to Miley Cyrus.....

Options

Replies

• VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wait, is she still around? I thought she was no longer relevant to society.

Has she ever been??
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    For me the most offensive part of her performance was her use of women of color as "props".

^ This ^.

I find the direction she has been taking lately really offputting. The whole "If you want to look "cool" and "edgy" and "tough," just steal the styles and dance moves of black people."

A rich white woman, is playing at being a minority specifically from a lower socio-economic level. :noway: Also while resembling a humpy toddler (with the outfits, 'dancing' and the teddy bear props).

But hey, perhaps the women she is surrounded by in her recent video and at the VMAs ARE her close girly mates. :grumble:

Absolutely, I'm sure those women are "her girls"... they weren't at all meant to be human accessories for her new "look". The fact that for the most part their faces weren't shown during the performance I'm sure was a mistake. And that she pretended to do sexual acts to them as if she was in charge and they were in service to her (as opposed to them doing things to her as well in a sort of "equal" relationship) I'm sure was just a coincidence.

Utterly ridiculous.

Thank you for your gripping analysis.

Sometimes simplicity is best when faced with the evolution of crazy in this thread

... or when you have nothing of value to contribute to the conversation.

Well I guess it's good for me that I really don't give a crap what you think Of my opinion. I don't put much stock into people that want to make everything about race. Especially someone that is so outraged about someone using back up dancers on the vma's
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Man, there are a lot of people posting here who are real downers.

89d.gif
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

89d.gif

OMG-- Obama is ruining the peperoni!!!!!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I didnt see it, too bz working on my body,
    but I did Youtube nsync's performance, OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM 4EVER :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    I didnt see it, too bz working on my body,
    but I did Youtube nsync's performance, OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM 4EVER :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

you know what wasnt in sych? Miley and her foam finger. ;)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

89d.gif

I'm going to go out on a limb here & say that this is even more disturbing than the actual Miley Cyrus display. :huh:
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't care what she did or ho wshe dressed. All I do know is that Robin Thicke's manager should be fired for allowing Miley to be up on stage with Robin at the same time..UGH! He is the real deal and she isn't in the same league whatsoever! Super creepy together and she brings him way down!!
    Seriously? The guy's video was the inspiration for the beige panties and the near-naked woman and the fully-dressed man meme. He said "what a pleasure it is to degrade a woman" when asked about the video and he's at least ten years older and she's the one bringing him way down?

Where did he start, may I ask?

THANK YOU!

Dude sings a song about blurred lines and knowing a woman wants it --- he's a mfing sensation. 20 year old girl grinds on him and SHE'S A PREDATOR. The people crying "his poor wife" obviously didn't see the uncensored video.

I'm glad someone else actually said something about it. Seriously, what is the appeal of that song? The whole performance was degrading, and it wasn't because of her. It was because of his "song" that has somehow become incredibly popular despite the fact that it's all about possibly drugging and raping a girl... Yeah, and SHE'S the one that is whacked out...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

89d.gif

The look on his face is priceless!!!
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know Madonna, Brittney, and Christina have taken most of the good ideas but she could have at least tried to do better then that. Yes she got everyone talking about her but not in the best way. She also needs to fire who ever is in charge of her clothes.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I don't care what she did or ho wshe dressed. All I do know is that Robin Thicke's manager should be fired for allowing Miley to be up on stage with Robin at the same time..UGH! He is the real deal and she isn't in the same league whatsoever! Super creepy together and she brings him way down!!
    Seriously? The guy's video was the inspiration for the beige panties and the near-naked woman and the fully-dressed man meme. He said "what a pleasure it is to degrade a woman" when asked about the video and he's at least ten years older and she's the one bringing him way down?

Where did he start, may I ask?

THANK YOU!

Dude sings a song about blurred lines and knowing a woman wants it --- he's a mfing sensation. 20 year old girl grinds on him and SHE'S A PREDATOR. The people crying "his poor wife" obviously didn't see the uncensored video.

I'm glad someone else actually said something about it. Seriously, what is the appeal of that song? The whole performance was degrading, and it wasn't because of her. It was because of his "song" that has somehow become incredibly popular despite the fact that it's all about possibly drugging and raping a girl... Yeah, and SHE'S the one that is whacked out...

I'm prepared for the ensuing wave of hate--I like this song. A lot. When it comes on the radio, I stop looking for better songs to listen to. Sorry if me having my own opinions on music makes your butt hurt.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Team Miley, here. The girl is having fun. I would party with her any day and twerk with her. She's young and looking great so haters gon' hate. Plus her song is catchy and her new one, "Wrecking Ball" is really pretty.

http://youtu.be/mRFHAvdwXXs

tumblr_mral0ziJv31s4wwnko1_500.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just saw Robin Thicke's video. Yeah, no talent there in music or song writing. And he has nude girls dancing in front of the words "Robin Thicke has a Big ****". Uuuh, trying a little too hard to overcompensate for something that we can't actually see...lmao. Who does that? Oh, Robin Thicke does.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Team Miley, here. The girl is having fun. I would party with her any day and twerk with her. She's young and looking great so haters gon' hate. Plus her song is catchy and her new one, "Wrecking Ball" is really pretty.

http://youtu.be/mRFHAvdwXXs

tumblr_mral0ziJv31s4wwnko1_500.gif

I wouldnt say im on Team Miley but i find her music entertaining. and Party in the USA is a legit great song.

i dont get the hate for acts like her. its fun music.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'm prepared for the ensuing wave of hate--I like this song. A lot. When it comes on the radio, I stop looking for better songs to listen to. Sorry if me having my own opinions on music makes your butt hurt.

Heck, I pre-ordered her album once people started bashing her even more. I hope the rest of it is as fun as her two songs.
  • Why do you people care so much about other people's lives? Don't you have one yourself?
    THANK YOU!^
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why do you people care so much about other people's lives? Don't you have one yourself?
    THANK YOU!^

People are discussing a public performance, that was intended to be viewed and discussed. That's why it's called "The Entertainment Industry".
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Meh. Even toned muscles will shake when relaxed. Ever watch a runner's quad in motion? So I'm not ready to say her jiggles were due to lack of muscle tone. I think her body is banging. But I SO dislike this new direction she has taken. It makes me want to pat her on the head and then send her to her room without Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Vine, etc for the next 10 years.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    Why do you people care so much about other people's lives? Don't you have one yourself?

Someone prefers time alone with a foam finger to posting in the forums.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Someone prefers time alone with a foam finger to posting in the forums.

lol