Note to Miley Cyrus.....

Options

Replies

• SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Real talent does not require a person to go to such lengths to get noticed. Please take a look at how many records Adele has sold. :) "By 2013, the album [21] had sold 26.4 million copies worldwide"

Way to go Adele! A woman with real talent and respect for herself!!

th?id=H.5061568496010312&pid=15.1
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Real talent does not require a person to go to such lengths to get noticed. Please take a look at how many records Adele has sold. :) "By 2013, the album [21] had sold 26.4 million copies worldwide"

Just to point out, Adele is no saint, she curses every time she opens her mouth...If you've never heard her at an award ceremony look it up. Nobody is perfect. A lot of people suffering from 'The Madonna/*kitten*' complex in this thread. Different people are different and that's okay. And women who are comfortable with their own sexuality are not necessarily slags or *kitten* or any other nasty derivative of that.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    nope

Miley-Cyrus-VMA-Meme-4.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Just to point out, Adele is no saint, she curses every time she opens her mouth...If you've never heard her at an award ceremony look it up. Nobody is perfect. A lot of people suffering from 'The Madonna/*kitten*' complex in this thread. Different people are different and that's okay. And women who are comfortable with their own sexuality are not necessarily slags or *kitten* or any other nasty derivative of that.

The point is not that Adele is a saint and Miley Cyrus isn't. The point is that Adele's talent can stand on its own without shock value. She doesn't curse to get attention. She curses because its part of her personality and not her personna. Are you going to tell me that Miley just sits around at home in flesh-colored patent leather bikinis twerking on crotches with her tongue hanging out? You truly think there is a legitimate comparison there?
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    just because she isn't the 'clean' girl she was in 'Hannah Montana' doesn't mean she is horrible!! shes only young & having fun. maybe she'll regret it when shes older..... but leave the poor girl alone!!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options

My point is that you do not see Adele wearing next to nothing to sell records. She may curse like a sailor but she's not putting herself out there like Miley does in the name of "growing up". Based upon record sales, Adele has sold around 24 million+ records based upon 2 albums. Miley has sold a few million less with 4 or 5 albums. TALENT is what I was going with. Good publicity or bad publicity does not make me want to go out and buy your record if you have no talent.

Miley can be secure in her sexuality, but that's for her to know. Not the foam finger and everyone that was watching the show. People are judged based upon how they dress and appear, sad I know but it's true. I cannot walk into an interview with my resume that states that I have a Bachelor's in Accounting with a minor in Finance and a CPA license and be taken seriously if I"m dressed in a highly unprofessional manner. Same goes for how Miley was dressed and her actions last night. She comes across as not someone to take home to your mother.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

The point is not that Adele is a saint and Miley Cyrus isn't. The point is that Adele's talent can stand on its own without shock value. She doesn't curse to get attention. She curses because its part of her personality and not her personna. Are you going to tell me that Miley just sits around at home in flesh-colored patent leather bikinis twerking on crotches with her tongue hanging out? You truly think there is a legitimate comparison there?

And my point is that it doesn't have to be so polarised. Does it mean Miley Cyrus is a *kitten*?! No! She's a performer. And she's a kid! A bunch of old ladies on a forum judging a kid leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. You all ought to have more sense.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

My point is that you do not see Adele wearing next to nothing to sell records. She may curse like a sailor but she's not putting herself out there like Miley does in the name of "growing up". Based upon record sales, Adele has sold around 24 million+ records based upon 2 albums. Miley has sold a few million less with 4 or 5 albums. TALENT is what I was going with. Good publicity or bad publicity does not make me want to go out and buy your record if you have no talent.

Miley can be secure in her sexuality, but that's for her to know. Not the foam finger and everyone that was watching the show. People are judged based upon how they dress and appear, sad I know but it's true. I cannot walk into an interview with my resume that states that I have a Bachelor's in Accounting with a minor in Finance and a CPA license and be taken seriously if I"m dressed in a highly unprofessional manner. Same goes for how Miley was dressed and her actions last night. She comes across as not someone to take home to your mother.

She's a performer and she as doing just that: Performing.

Not everyone is going to like it but who cares? I'm pretty sure she didn't. I think it's just her way to get herself in the news and have people talk about her. Perhaps she wanted to be that person, who years from now is still being talked about for that performance like the "wardrobe malfunction" at the Super Bowl.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

And my point is that it doesn't have to be so polarised. Does it mean Miley Cyrus is a *kitten*?! No! She's a performer. And she's a kid! A bunch of old ladies on a forum judging a kid leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. You all ought to have more sense.

Well I have been glossing over this thread all day, and while there was some harsh responses, I didn't see anyone actually call her a *kitten*. I know that I didn't. The most that I said was that she lacked style, maturity, oh yeah, and talent... and that's all that anyone has really said, so in a world where only your opinion matters, you can walk away from this distasteful thread and its shameful participants anytime you like.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    She is trying TOO hard to be something she is NOT and it showed last night on stage & where I am from in order to TWERK something, you have to have something to TWERK first and she does NOT have what it takes!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    So, really I just want to know why there are no pics of Lady Gaga's butt in this thread?! I was spared the apparently horrific show of entertainment that was Miley (until this thread...), but I could be saved with pics of GaGa perhaps......
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options

When there are people overseas serving their country that are younger than her...I am far from calling this person a child!

I'm 28 years old and I guarantee you that if I pulled half the stunts that this so-called child has, my parents would rip me a new one just based upon the fact that I was raised better than that. It's called self respect and respect for your family. Just because something is socially acceptable do not make it right.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    So, really I just want to know why there are no pics of Lady Gaga's butt in this thread?! I was spared the apparently horrific show of entertainment that was Miley (until this thread...), but I could be saved with pics of GaGa perhaps......

Couple pages back.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You either haven't READ the whole thread/have filters set that are making you unable to see the Gaga pics/or MFP has come in and edited the thread for content, because there were plenty earlier.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

Well I have been glossing over this thread all day, and while there was some harsh responses, I didn't see anyone actually call her a *kitten*. I know that I didn't. The most that I said was that she lacked style, maturity, oh yeah, and talent... and that's all that anyone has really said, so in a world where only your opinion matters, you can walk away from this distasteful thread and its shameful participants anytime you like.

Wow, you've been glossing over this thread all day?! Nice :/ .... I have an actual job. And an actual life. So, yes I think I will walk away from it. I'm quite sure there are better ways to spend my time than arguing black is white with a load of judgey 'perfect' women. I'll go back to my world where everyone is free to be themselves. I wonder who you'll be judging tomorrow?! Anyone but yourselves I suppose!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Wow, you've been glossing over this thread all day?! Nice :/ .... I have an actual job. And an actual life. So, yes I think I will walk away from it. I'm quite sure there are better ways to spend my time than arguing black is white with a load of judgey 'perfect' women. I'll go back to my world where everyone is free to be themselves. I wonder who you'll be judging tomorrow?! Anyone but yourselves I suppose!

Oh, hahaha! Nice come back... I must not have a job or life, huh? But I'm the judgey one. Yes, thanks for stopping by.

Judging the judgers is always my favorite!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What is up with the tounge.. seriously? Lol
    Whatever.. she's not my daughter! Let the little hooker rock her ****! :laugh:
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    your absolutely right! she is such a turn off!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I don't care what she did or ho wshe dressed. All I do know is that Robin Thicke's manager should be fired for allowing Miley to be up on stage with Robin at the same time..UGH! He is the real deal and she isn't in the same league whatsoever! Super creepy together and she brings him way down!!

On a side note, looking desperate to be an "adult" does nothing for Miley either other than us all talking about how crazy she looked. It seems to be the way of the ex-Disney girls. Too bad these girls don't stop to think about all the little girls who idolize them and look to them as role models. Let's just hope she doesn't go full Britney.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    *sigh*. Ok. whatever.

Her attire was trashy as was her performance. I would discourage any women or men from behaving in such a way, especially in public. If she wasn't a rich famous singer with a rich famous daddy, she'd be in a strip joint with that sort of attire and behavior. It is a fact that she's a someone our kids look up to. I do not want my son thinking this is appropriate dress or behavior for any human, regardless of what their body looks like. You don't think our kids should be brought up to feel body shamed, then teach them to respect each other and themselves. Without one they can't really have the other. Teach them that superstars are, generally speaking, not real role models and to stop idolizing them. You find more quality people looking to your own neighborhood then you do looking to TV.