Note to Miley Cyrus.....

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Leave her off, she's young. You lot must never had had the pleasure of a misspent youth! You bunch of boring judgey feckers!
    Acquire lives!

:heart:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The jealous and judging people are funny.

All the body shaming, etc.

I wish I was as perfect as you.

Carry on....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Let's just complete the imagery, shall we...

1184839_713233928692868_409432775_n.jpg

Wait, is that Winona Ryder in the lower left corner?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am not defending her performance as "good" but seriously, all you people posting pictures of her *kitten* and suggesting squats better sit and think long and hard about the reason young girls have body image issues. It's not because their "role models" are young women who dance (suggestively)while half naked it's that the response to such things is "IF SHE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, SHE COULD AT LEAST LOOK BETTER DOING IT".

While I agree with that.. i also disagree that anyone should be on stage (or anywhere) dressed that way. No matter what their body looks like. I don't even think guys should walk around in public with their shirts off. A slit here or there, sexy.. letting it all hang out.. not sexy. Don't care if you look like Lady Gaga or Miley. We want our kids to stop judging based on looks, then stop giving them this kind of smut to view. I look 1,000 times sexier then her fully clothed and would even if she didn't have butt flab hanging out.. that's the message i'd want my child to get. Leaving things to the imagination is sexy, giving a performance in front of millions as to what you do in the bedroom.. not so much.

No.

Just no.

If we want our children to stop judging people on looks, then adults need to doing it. Case and point: You have no idea what Miley actually does in her bedroom. It was a performance, not a home home movie. Period. I am not arguing it was a great one- but the notion that bodies are something to be hidden (and thus shameful) is not at all the point. It's the exact opposite, actually.

You think you look sexier -- that is your opinion. It is great you feel so confident about yourself. I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, but it's not a competition. Nobody is actually sexier than anyone else. Effectively, the lesson you would be teaching your children is that some people are "better" than others based on how they look, thus perpetuating the cycle of judging people based on appearances.

I appreciate the message but I really doubt Miley was trying to be judged on her performance last night. Flesh color latex does not say "judge me for my talent".

And that's not actually the point. Whether or not she was inviting comments about her body is unknown. Mocking somebody who is a perfectly healthy size and holding them to unrealistic standards of beauty is never ok. Never. Even if you are dancing with teddy bears.

<3 exactly this
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    In all sincerity, it seems she's not mentally well. Rich as F, though. Crazy and rich.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Let's just complete the imagery, shall we...

1184839_713233928692868_409432775_n.jpg

I especially like the addition of Winona Rider in the lower left.

Did not catch that! All the more hysterical!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am not defending her performance as "good" but seriously, all you people posting pictures of her *kitten* and suggesting squats better sit and think long and hard about the reason young girls have body image issues. It's not because their "role models" are young women who dance (suggestively)while half naked it's that the response to such things is "IF SHE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, SHE COULD AT LEAST LOOK BETTER DOING IT".

While I agree with that.. i also disagree that anyone should be on stage (or anywhere) dressed that way. No matter what their body looks like. I don't even think guys should walk around in public with their shirts off. A slit here or there, sexy.. letting it all hang out.. not sexy. Don't care if you look like Lady Gaga or Miley. We want our kids to stop judging based on looks, then stop giving them this kind of smut to view. I look 1,000 times sexier then her fully clothed and would even if she didn't have butt flab hanging out.. that's the message i'd want my child to get. Leaving things to the imagination is sexy, giving a performance in front of millions as to what you do in the bedroom.. not so much.

No.

Just no.

If we want our children to stop judging people on looks, then adults need to doing it. Case and point: You have no idea what Miley actually does in her bedroom. It was a performance, not a home home movie. Period. I am not arguing it was a great one- but the notion that bodies are something to be hidden (and thus shameful) is not at all the point. It's the exact opposite, actually.

You think you look sexier -- that is your opinion. It is great you feel so confident about yourself. I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, but it's not a competition. Nobody is actually sexier than anyone else. Effectively, the lesson you would be teaching your children is that some people are "better" than others based on how they look, thus perpetuating the cycle of judging people based on appearances.

I appreciate the message but I really doubt Miley was trying to be judged on her performance last night. Flesh color latex does not say "judge me for my talent".

If you dress like she did.. and you go out on television and dance the way she did, you are going to get judged. From the beginning to the end. Our children are going to judge her based on her clothes and her performance even if we, as adults, do not. That is what they do, it is how teenage mind think. No adult intervention required. I will not tell my teenage son that anything about that performance was sexy, intelligent or anything other then the smut she was aiming for. It's not shameful to dress and dance tastefully and to be expected to do so. Others do their thing, get up on stage, dance and dress in a provocative manner and it's not smut and not slutty.

And I really hate to break it to you, but I am sexier then her. And not because I have a better body. But because I know how to work it better. I was when I was 60 pounds heavier too. My son does not judge based on looks. He judges people for who they are, because I taught him that. If it walks and quacks like a duck it's a duck. She gets up on stage wearing that and dancing like that. She is not sexy, i'd be appalled if my son thought so and even moreso if he thought that type of dress and performance is acceptable.

I'm sorry if it offends you. Stating a fact that nothing about her performance was sexy, including her clothing, is not body shaming. She actually has a decent body, but poor dress can and does ruin that and no matter how well you raise your kids to respect others and not judge based on looks, if they dress like that, leaving nothing to the imagination, there isn't much else to judge on.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I personally do not think she looks healthy at all. Are all Hollywood singers and actress mushy like that?!!?!? Her *kitten* looked like mushy old lady butt when we walked around. Yeah she's thin but she's not fit and certainly underweight.

I don't think what she did was too disgusting...but moreso annoying than anything else. She's trying too hard to prove to the world that she's grown up. She looks pathetic and she should stop.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

No.

Just no.

If you dress like she did.. and you go out on television and dance the way she did, you are going to get judged. From the beginning to the end. Our children are going to judge her based on her clothes and her performance even if we, as adults, do not. That is what they do, it is how teenage mind think. No adult intervention required. I will not tell my teenage son that anything about that performance was sexy, intelligent or anything other then the smut she was aiming for. It's not shameful to dress and dance tastefully and to be expected to do so. Others do their thing, get up on stage, dance and dress in a provocative manner and it's not smut and not slutty.

And I really hate to break it to you, but I am sexier then her. And not because I have a better body. But because I know how to work it better. I was when I was 60 pounds heavier too. My son does not judge based on looks. He judges people for who they are, because I taught him that. If it walks and quacks like a duck it's a duck. She gets up on stage wearing that and dancing like that. She is not sexy, i'd be appalled if my son thought so and even moreso if he thought that type of dress and performance is acceptable.

I'm sorry if it offends you. Stating a fact that nothing about her performance was sexy, including her clothing, is not body shaming. She actually has a decent body, but poor dress can and does ruin that and no matter how well you raise your kids to respect others and not judge based on looks, if they dress like that, leaving nothing to the imagination, there isn't much else to judge on.

TL/ DR: Some woman's opinion stated as fact peppered with self-praise.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

No.

Just no.

Not to offend you, but an opinion doesn't make a fact. Everything you just said is an oninion. Your opinion. That doesn't make it a fact.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    all she wanted was attention. she got it. even negative attention is attention. I thought it looked a bit...well, desperate. Her career is now officially over, I suspect.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    thank you. i know the difference between opinion and fact. I also k now that i'm allowed to have an opinion that differs from your's and it's just as valid.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    thank you. i know the difference between opinion and fact. I also k now that i'm allowed to have an opinion that differs from your's and it's just as valid.

Indeed. But you are not, as you said 'stating a fact', you are giving your opinion. In your opinion she's trashy and you're sexier than her, in other people's opinion that isn't the case.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

No.

Just no.

Are you familiar with what facts actually are? Because they aren't the same as your opinion. You cannot speak for the entire world at large and claim that nothing at all about her performance was sexy. What is and is not sexy is entirely a matter of opinion. You can THINK whatever you what about yourself and your sexiness but um, THAT IS REALLY NOT THE POINT.

My original post was entirely about the body shaming memes about squats. You brought up judging people based on how they looked and I just said doing that is bogus. And it is.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    You're once, twice, three times a lady...
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I was watching American Ninja Warrior, I completely avoided that train wreck.

You and me both! I love ANW!
  • reedusf
    reedusf Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After watching 5 secs of Miley at the vma just now made me realize Ben afleck as batman not the worse celebrity news of the month.

Wait...what!?! Ben Afleck is playing Batman!??!?! Ughhh
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

No, actually not all opinions are equal. Some are based on self-serving disillusions of grandeur .
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    402384-miley-cyrus-raunchy-performance-at-mtv-vma-2013.jpg

Picture-154.png
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just had to bump this for later...HILARIOUS and just made my DAY!!