• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    OMG her tongue is huge! LOL!

I am such a loser. I had to Google "twerking"
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You know is funny if she was very fit with lots of visable muscle, and people were commenting that they were disgusted because she looks mannish people would be losing their minds. I don't really care either way just seems like a bit of a double standard
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    You know is funny if she was very fit with lots of visable muscle, and people were commenting that they were disgusted because she looks mannish people would be losing their minds. I don't really care either way just seems like a bit of a double standard

Agreed.

Also it was her ill-fitting shorts that made her have a pancake butt. I didn't see any fat on her. Sure she's not completely ripped with muscles but I wouldn't say her body is gross or unattractive in the least.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am not defending her performance as "good" but seriously, all you people posting pictures of her *kitten* and suggesting squats better sit and think long and hard about the reason young girls have body image issues. It's not because their "role models" are young women who dance (suggestively)while half naked it's that the response to such things is "IF SHE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, SHE COULD AT LEAST LOOK BETTER DOING IT".

While I agree with that.. i also disagree that anyone should be on stage (or anywhere) dressed that way. No matter what their body looks like. I don't even think guys should walk around in public with their shirts off. A slit here or there, sexy.. letting it all hang out.. not sexy. Don't care if you look like Lady Gaga or Miley. We want our kids to stop judging based on looks, then stop giving them this kind of smut to view. I look 1,000 times sexier then her fully clothed and would even if she didn't have butt flab hanging out.. that's the message i'd want my child to get. Leaving things to the imagination is sexy, giving a performance in front of millions as to what you do in the bedroom.. not so much.

No.

Just no.

If we want our children to stop judging people on looks, then adults need to doing it. Case and point: You have no idea what Miley actually does in her bedroom. It was a performance, not a home home movie. Period. I am not arguing it was a great one- but the notion that bodies are something to be hidden (and thus shameful) is not at all the point. It's the exact opposite, actually.

You think you look sexier -- that is your opinion. It is great you feel so confident about yourself. I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, but it's not a competition. Nobody is actually sexier than anyone else. Effectively, the lesson you would be teaching your children is that some people are "better" than others based on how they look, thus perpetuating the cycle of judging people based on appearances.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    To peeps who keep commenting that Billy Ray Cyrus is prolly embarrassed over Miley.
    billyraycyrusmulletstyle.jpg

bad choice in hair.. but he's yummy. lol

So. so. so yummy.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I was quite surprised when I saw her performance. Hope she got the reaction she intended.

However, I got fangirl excited about Nsync.

:heart: :drinker:

Miley got what she wanted, attention. The audiences reaction sort of reminded me of the reaction Britney got during her 2007 performance of "Gimme more". She'll bounce back once she's done rebelling against her Daddy and breakin his achy breaky heart.

And her new songs ARE catchy. :blushing:

And Lady Gaga....erhmahgawd!

htbfwh.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I agree that her body is very lovely. The latex undies are very unflattering. The tongue is very very weird and I'd say gross.

But Lady Gaga's body is glorious and much closer to my personal preference.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else watch Breaking Bad last night? Walt is an evil genius! That confession was awesome.

I love him! And I feel a bit guilty for saying it, he's so evil! Loving the show. Hope things work out for Jesse:)
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Call me old fashioned but i think shorts should be longer then your vagina

:laugh:

I do think the jabs at her butt are unfair. Clearly the vinyl underpants are doing her no favors.

But I found the whole display tasteless and mediocre. I'm tired of entertainers pandering to audiences like this. "Ok, yes, this performance isn't good but...sex!"
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I am not defending her performance as "good" but seriously, all you people posting pictures of her *kitten* and suggesting squats better sit and think long and hard about the reason young girls have body image issues. It's not because their "role models" are young women who dance (suggestively)while half naked it's that the response to such things is "IF SHE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, SHE COULD AT LEAST LOOK BETTER DOING IT".

While I agree with that.. i also disagree that anyone should be on stage (or anywhere) dressed that way. No matter what their body looks like. I don't even think guys should walk around in public with their shirts off. A slit here or there, sexy.. letting it all hang out.. not sexy. Don't care if you look like Lady Gaga or Miley. We want our kids to stop judging based on looks, then stop giving them this kind of smut to view. I look 1,000 times sexier then her fully clothed and would even if she didn't have butt flab hanging out.. that's the message i'd want my child to get. Leaving things to the imagination is sexy, giving a performance in front of millions as to what you do in the bedroom.. not so much.

No.

Just no.

If we want our children to stop judging people on looks, then adults need to doing it. Case and point: You have no idea what Miley actually does in her bedroom. It was a performance, not a home home movie. Period. I am not arguing it was a great one- but the notion that bodies are something to be hidden (and thus shameful) is not at all the point. It's the exact opposite, actually.

You think you look sexier -- that is your opinion. It is great you feel so confident about yourself. I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, but it's not a competition. Nobody is actually sexier than anyone else. Effectively, the lesson you would be teaching your children is that some people are "better" than others based on how they look, thus perpetuating the cycle of judging people based on appearances.

I appreciate the message but I really doubt Miley was trying to be judged on her performance last night. Flesh color latex does not say "judge me for my talent".
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Who gives a *kitten* and let her be.

Dont like it? Dont watch it... yes, its that simple.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

I'm tired of entertainers pandering to audiences like this. "Ok, yes, this performance isn't good but...sex!"

Because sex sells. It always has and it always will.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    After watching 5 secs of Miley at the vma just now made me realize Ben afleck as batman not the worse celebrity news of the month.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You guys are saying "Beetlejuice" an awful lot ...... 3 times the charm. :wink:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

No.

Just no.

I appreciate the message but I really doubt Miley was trying to be judged on her performance last night. Flesh color latex does not say "judge me for my talent".

And that's not actually the point. Whether or not she was inviting comments about her body is unknown. Mocking somebody who is a perfectly healthy size and holding them to unrealistic standards of beauty is never ok. Never. Even if you are dancing with teddy bears.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Leave her off, she's young. You lot must never had had the pleasure of a misspent youth! You bunch of boring judgey feckers!
    Acquire lives!
  • Kimmykakers
    Kimmykakers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    squat!!! please do squats!! lol
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the tongue thing, but other than that... Good for her. It's her party and she can do what she wants.... And she did exactly just that. And probably made bank doing it.

I really don't think anyone hanging out on a weight loss site (myself included) has any room to judge her. I also can't help think that I constantly read about bullying in kids and how it is such an issue today... And no wonder. Their parent are a bunch of bullies who spend their times trash talking online.
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez haven't turned into this. Let's hope they never do.