Note to Miley Cyrus.....

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I know you all will jump on me for this. but i think it's people like this, that teach our kids this kind of dress and behavior is acceptable and ok, that help contribute to teen pregnancy and promiscuity, maybe even promote it. That is why i'm not ok with this behavior or dress in any way shape or form. yes i'm aware that's an opinion and yes i'm aware there are other factors. There are plenty of ways to show that you are sexy and that you are confident. This is not the way to do it and not the way i'd want my children to do it. There are plenty of way to dance provocatively without looking as through you should be between the sheets, plenty of ways to be sexy without being practically naked on stage. She's not just some random person who acts a fool, She is someone our kids look up to. It's not behavior that should be accepted.

God...do you live in that Footloose town?!

Right.. because i don't think people should parade around practically naked and practically have sex on stage.. that must mean I shun all sexual expression. *smh*

She's a pop singer - not a morality representative. You don't get to decide how other people live their lives or publicly present themselves.
    When teenagers go out tomorrow and purchase her outfit and mimic her dance moves, despite their parents disapproval, that makes what she decides to do on stage matter.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhu1qqj9rb1qh59n0o1_500.gif
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I know you all will jump on me for this. but i think it's people like this, that teach our kids this kind of dress and behavior is acceptable and ok, that help contribute to teen pregnancy and promiscuity, maybe even promote it. That is why i'm not ok with this behavior or dress in any way shape or form. yes i'm aware that's an opinion and yes i'm aware there are other factors. There are plenty of ways to show that you are sexy and that you are confident. This is not the way to do it and not the way i'd want my children to do it. There are plenty of way to dance provocatively without looking as through you should be between the sheets, plenty of ways to be sexy without being practically naked on stage. She's not just some random person who acts a fool, She is someone our kids look up to. It's not behavior that should be accepted.

Right.. because i don't think people should parade around practically naked and practically have sex on stage.. that must mean I shun all sexual expression. *smh*

She's a pop singer - not a morality representative. You don't get to decide how other people live their lives or publicly present themselves.
    When teenagers go out tomorrow and purchase her outfit and mimic her dance moves, despite their parents disapproval, that makes what she decides to do on stage matter.

Oh please get off your moral high horse.

If there is a teenager who has the money to buy that outfit and the means to go out clubbing then there's a bigger issue at hand then whether or not Miley is a "role model" for teens and acted morally inappropriate on a stage.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

If you can't prevent your child from buying their back to school wardrobe from Fredrick's of Hollywood, I don't think you can blame that on a booty shakin' 20 year old.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

If you can't prevent your child from buying their back to school wardrobe from Fredrick's of Hollywood, I don't think you can blame that on a booty shakin' 20 year old.

I blame Elvis! If he hadn't shook his hips on the ed sullivan show, this would never have happened. ;)
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

I blame Elvis! If he hadn't shook his hips on the ed sullivan show, this would never have happened. ;)

You know, I think you might have something there!
  • rowrunyoga
    rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-3667-1377538521-13.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3902-1377541253-16.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3030-1377539077-56.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-20284-1377548755-0.gif
    This is the single best thing I have ever seen in my life.

Or maybe since BeetleThicke.

FABULOUS!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I don't care what she did or ho wshe dressed. All I do know is that Robin Thicke's manager should be fired for allowing Miley to be up on stage with Robin at the same time..UGH! He is the real deal and she isn't in the same league whatsoever! Super creepy together and she brings him way down!!
    Seriously? The guy's video was the inspiration for the beige panties and the near-naked woman and the fully-dressed man meme. He said "what a pleasure it is to degrade a woman" when asked about the video and he's at least ten years older and she's the one bringing him way down?

Where did he start, may I ask?

THANK YOU!

Dude sings a song about blurred lines and knowing a woman wants it --- he's a mfing sensation. 20 year old girl grinds on him and SHE'S A PREDATOR. The people crying "his poor wife" obviously didn't see the uncensored video.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

Yep.. these hips .. the devil's work. ;) How'd that generation of kids turn out?

elvis-hip-shake-1373309437.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Yep.. these hips .. the devil's work. ;) How'd that generation of kids turn out?

And now I have lost all the morals and values my parents instilled in me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I'm going out to buy that outfit, whether my parents like it or not!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Do you spend every minute with your child? Go hang at the mall with them and their friends? Know every purchase they make? Including the ones they hide at their friends house? Teenagers are extremely influenced by media and those in the media spot light. They are always looking for the next thing. The most shocking, the trendiest thing.
    If there is a teenager who has the money to buy that outfit and the means to go out clubbing then there's a bigger issue at hand then whether or not Miley is a "role model" for teens and acted morally inappropriate on a stage.

There are teens with plenty of money to throw away, but lack of money doesn't always stop them. They make it, copy it, steal it or whatever they can think up. I agree btw. Teens with that much money have a larger issue then just this on hand. Bu they exist, plenty of them.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-3667-1377538521-13.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3902-1377541253-16.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3030-1377539077-56.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-20284-1377548755-0.gif

Ha!!! Keep the twerkin' off the Magritte please...
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

I'm going out to buy that outfit, whether my parents like it or not!

Need to borrow my Delorian?

delorean-gif-anime-retour-vers-le-futur.gif
  • WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me the most offensive part of her performance was her use of women of color as "props".

^ This ^.

I find the direction she has been taking lately really offputting. The whole "If you want to look "cool" and "edgy" and "tough," just steal the styles and dance moves of black people."

A rich white woman, is playing at being a minority specifically from a lower socio-economic level. :noway: Also while resembling a humpy toddler (with the outfits, 'dancing' and the teddy bear props).

But hey, perhaps the women she is surrounded by in her recent video and at the VMAs ARE her close girly mates. :grumble:

Absolutely, I'm sure those women are "her girls"... they weren't at all meant to be human accessories for her new "look". The fact that for the most part their faces weren't shown during the performance I'm sure was a mistake. And that she pretended to do sexual acts to them as if she was in charge and they were in service to her (as opposed to them doing things to her as well in a sort of "equal" relationship) I'm sure was just a coincidence.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about this, till I saw this post. I had to look up the video. Uuum. Who came up with that sexy giant teddy bear idea...wtf? It's like all the times when she was rehearsing this, no one said anything to her about any of it. They just wanted her to make a fool out of herself.

Yeah, the audience reactions were funny, especially Will Smith and his family.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    For me the most offensive part of her performance was her use of women of color as "props".

^ This ^.

I find the direction she has been taking lately really offputting. The whole "If you want to look "cool" and "edgy" and "tough," just steal the styles and dance moves of black people."

A rich white woman, is playing at being a minority specifically from a lower socio-economic level. :noway: Also while resembling a humpy toddler (with the outfits, 'dancing' and the teddy bear props).

But hey, perhaps the women she is surrounded by in her recent video and at the VMAs ARE her close girly mates. :grumble:

Absolutely, I'm sure those women are "her girls"... they weren't at all meant to be human accessories for her new "look". The fact that for the most part their faces weren't shown during the performance I'm sure was a mistake. And that she pretended to do sexual acts to them as if she was in charge and they were in service to her (as opposed to them doing things to her as well in a sort of "equal" relationship) I'm sure was just a coincidence.

Utterly ridiculous.
  • WhoDat5o4
    Options

^ This ^.

Utterly ridiculous.

Thank you for your gripping analysis.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

^ This ^.

Utterly ridiculous.

Sometimes simplicity is best when faced with the evolution of crazy in this thread
  • WhoDat5o4
    Options

^ This ^.

Utterly ridiculous.

Sometimes simplicity is best when faced with the evolution of crazy in this thread

... or when you have nothing of value to contribute to the conversation.