July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @kgirlhart I love that I can program my workouts into the Garmin. I had it about a year before I tried it and then wondered why in the world I hadn't done it before. LOL

Nice running in those conditions @rheddmobile . I haven't gotten that brave yet.

Nice run @julieannegannon !

Good luck with your race @ContraryMaryMary ! Looking forward to reading the race report.

Nice running @sweetdaisy13 !

@AlphaHowls That's a pretty picture. It has been hazy here for the last few days, but not that bad.

@WhatMeRunning Glad walking isn't making your foot hurt. Haha about running with no pants. :wink:

Nice run @katharmonic ! Sounds like an enjoyable place you have for the run too.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good luck @ContraryMaryMary!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    7-1 2.1 miles running and 1.0 mile walking (Hill Repeats after cutting cedars for almost 1.5 hours)
    7-2 0.0 miles running but 1.0 mile walking on treadmill (also played doubles tennis this morning)
    7-3 9.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (easy pace, but not an easy run)
    7-4 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking laps on the driveway
    7-5 2.3 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (also played doubles tennis for almost 2 hours, outdoors)
    7-6 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking
    7-7 1.0 mile running, 1.0 mile walking (fast mile)
    7-8 2.6 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Hill Repeats - 6 months post surgery)
    7-9 0.0 mile running, 1.0 mile walking (hot and humid)
    7-10 7.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (easy pace, very humid)
    7-11 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (rest day)
    7-12 2.8 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (tempo run)
    7-13 2.1 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Recovery run)
    7-14 2.6 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Foundation Run)
    7-15 3.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Short Interval Run)
    7-16 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Doubles tennis, mowed my lawn, trimmed mom's, and walked)
    7-17 5.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking ("Long run" cut short)
    7-18 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (keeping the streak alive)
    7-19 4.1 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Cruise Interval on treadmill)
    7-20 2.5 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Recovery Run on the treadmill)
    7-21 2.5 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Foundation Run on the driveway)
    7-22 3.15 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Short Interval Run)
    7-23 0.00 miles running, 1.0 mile walking

MT = 51.75/70 miles running: 23.0/31miles walking

My weekly tennis was cancelled today, so my only cross training today was my walk to keep my streak going.

When I let my dog, Tippy, out this morning, I heard her barking at something. I know her barks and it wasn't the "there's an intruder" bark, but it wasn't her "there's a vulture flying overhead either." It was more of the, "There's something here that I'm not sure about" bark. So, I went out to see if I could find her and see what it was. I did see her, but heard a weird, scary, eerie call from an animal. It was a sound I had never heard before. She kept barking at whatever it was and going into the woods. I came in and put some shorts on so I wouldn't get my PJ's messed up, and went down into the woods, warily, to see if I could see what it was and get Tippy away from it, if I could. Before I got to where I could see it, it quit "calling" and Tippy came to me. Yeah. I came in and looked up what I thought it could have been. Sure enough, it was a bobcat. If you've never heard their scream, and want to, check it out here. Somewhere around the 25 sec spot on the video is the first thing I heard.

Oh they make the worst noise! The first time I heard one after we moved out to the country I thought it was a woman being murdered! I hope Tippy has enough sense to avoid them.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @rheddmobile . Fortunately, I think they are afraid of her and climb trees to escape.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    3.5 mile run, average pace of 9:10 min per mile with 265 feet of elevation.

July cumulative:
    88.5/100 miles
    7,818/10,000 feet of elevation
  • quilteryoyo
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Scott6255 You did great. I'm surprised you were able to go that distance when you weren't feeling well. Haha about the high school kids. What did they think about running with an older gentleman? I hope you are feeling better today.

Nice running and new shoes @martaindale ! You're doing great in the heat and humidity.

@shanaber Hahaha about Hobbes and what you would think he would do with a bobcat. Tippy hates cats, so I'm sure, though a little intimidated by the size, she will chase them away if she sees them. Glad the JRT didn't bite you. I want to commiserate with you on people not teaching their dogs simple commands, but I think I would be a hypocrite. Tippy is really good, but if she only "comes" when I call if she feels like it. That is the one thing I wish I had done different when she was a puppy. She's more likely to come if I go out and call "Tippy, where are you?" LOL

@skippygirlsmom Have a great vacation! I'm with you, have a hard time commenting on my phone.

Nice race @ContraryMaryMary ! That wind sound brutal! Congrats on your podium win! It may have been a small field, but first out of 10 is fantastic. I usually only podium if there are 3 or less ladies in my age group at the race. LOL

@katharmonic It's nice to support your fellow runner. That is a great cause. So sad about his son though. I'm sure it was a hard day for him and his family.