July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 so I joined your run the world challenge.. I was wondering if it supported Fitbit.. if not I can enter manually, doesn't matter. Was also wondering.. should I add what I have done between the challenge times as well or just start adding everything from today forward (btw my name is Stephanie F

It does not sync with Fitbit. Fitbit is what I use and I manually input mine into Strava and allow it to sync to Challenge Hound. The other question, is up to you, whatever you feel like doing.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary you got your entry for Auckland Half?
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Yup. Are you looking to transfer?
  • Avidkeo
    edited July 2021
    Options

If I found someone who wanted it. Has to be soon, cause only have till the 8th August
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options

If I found someone who wanted it. Has to be soon, cause only have till the 8th August

Good you found someone to take it.

The biggest downer about the Auckland Marathon was that it was bought by Ironman and they've made it way more expensive to enter, replaced the free Asics t-shirt with a free hat, and transfers are no longer the bargain they used to be. In the first few years I ran it, I would buy a transfer entry off TradeMe about 10 days out from the event for about $50 with a $12 transfer fee. Now, buying a transfer entry works out to be the same as a full price one, making it difficult to sell them because there's no real reason to buy one unless the event is sold out, which it doesn't (it used to sell out in a few weeks, oddly, it no longer does now that Ironman owns it!)
  • Avidkeo
    Options

Good you found someone to take it.

The biggest downer about the Auckland Marathon was that it was bought by Ironman and they've made it way more expensive to enter, replaced the free Asics t-shirt with a free hat, and transfers are no longer the bargain they used to be. In the first few years I ran it, I would buy a transfer entry off TradeMe about 10 days out from the event for about $50 with a $12 transfer fee. Now, buying a transfer entry works out to be the same as a full price one, making it difficult to sell them because there's no real reason to buy one unless the event is sold out, which it doesn't (it used to sell out in a few weeks, oddly, it no longer does now that Ironman owns it!)

Sadly haven't found anyone yet. Trying lol. But yeah it's so expensive.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Sorry @avidkeo, I missed the ‘if’ in your post. Can you delay until next year? But yes, Ironman are all about the money!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I hope you can find someone to transfer your entry to. Maybe check with a local running store or group and ask them? Glad you feel relieved after making the decision. I always take that to mean I've made the right decision too.

@TheMrWobbly Glad your back. Been missing seeing you on here.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    July 1 – 5.62 miles
    July 3 – 8.07 miles
    July 4 – 3.01 miles
    July 6 – 5.03 miles
    July 8 – 4.82 miles
    July 10 – 5.02 miles
    July 14 – 5.16 miles
    July 15 – 5.03 miles
    July 16 – 8.01 miles
    July 18 – 7.01 miles
    July 19 – 5.17 miles
    July 21 – 5.04 miles
    July 25 – 5.02 miles
    July 26 – 5.46 miles
    July 27 – 5.51 miles

A huge rock on the sidewalk jumped up and tripped me this morning. ;) Or maybe I didn’t see it in the dark nor pick my foot up enough to clear it…. My hand took the worst of the fall. I found a sprinkler in a yard about a mile later and rinsed it off and then stopped at a grocery store and got some peroxide thinking that wouldn’t be as painful as alcohol. FYI – peroxide hurts too!

@quilteryoyo – that’s crazy that you were carded for buying sport beans and Honey Stingers! I love the Honey Stinger waffles.

@abowersgirl – I see that @AlphaHowls answered your questions which is good because I didn’t have the answers! The challenge was set up by @TheMrWobbly who I see popped in this morning! We’ve missed you @TheMrWobbly!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7-1 4k tempo
    7-2 7k tempo
    7-3 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    7-4 7k measy
    7-5 rest
    7-6 7k measy
    7-7 6k measy (but a lot closer to easy than moderate)
    7-8 rest
    7-9 7k temperate
    7-10 7k measy
    7-11 7k moderate
    7-12 rest
    7-13 6k measy
    7-14 6k moderate
    7-15 rest
    7-16 4k tempo
    7-17 5k race
    7-18 7k recovery
    7-19 rest
    7-20 7k easy
    7-21 7k easy
    7-22 rest
    7-23 7k temperate
    7-24 7k measy
    7-25 7k easy
    7-26 rest
    7-27 7k easy

July Total: 129k
    July Goal: 150k

Sunny, upper 60s F, and very little wind. Saw a nice 8 point buck on the way to the chiropractor this morning, so the day started off very well.

@Avidkeo Hope everything works out for you.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    I bought some Extreme Sport Beans and a sleeve of Honey Stingers today, just to try out - maybe on some of my shorter runs first, just in case they don't sit well. They didn't have Gu at this particular store. Anyway, I was very surprised when I was "carded" at the cash register. Apparently, you have to be over 18 to buy one of those - I think it was the Extreme Sport Bean. Is that a thing everywhere?

That's interesting. I have definitely never been carded for anything energy/fuel related.

@Teresa502 Ouch! Stupid jumping rocks.
    @TheMrWobbly Good to see you!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly @Teresa502 ! Peroxide doesn't always hurt, but it can. I still use it because I feel that it clean out the wounds better.

@Teresa502 , @martaindale , @katharmonic It was crazy to be carded for sports items. I was shocked. Wonder if it is a TN law or something. I may need to look that up, when I have time.

@skippygirlsmom Nice run in those conditions.

Glad you had such a good run @Avidkeo and that you are feeling better.