July 10 – 5.02 miles
    July 14 – 5.16 miles
    July 15 – 5.03 miles
    July 16 – 8.01 miles
    July 18 – 7.01 miles
    July 19 – 5.17 miles
    July 21 – 5.04 miles
    July 25 – 5.02 miles

Sorry I’ve been absent this week. I’ve been reading and liking though. My dad has been in the hospital. He is doing much better and came home yesterday. Thankfully, I was able to work from his room in the hospital during the morning so that my mom didn’t have to spend all day there but this meant my morning run didn’t happen for a couple of days but that’s ok. They have sacrificed enough for me during my life. Yesterday, I rode in a charity bike ride. It’s called Tour de Possum. There were about 150 riders and it was a beautiful day for it although it was getting pretty warm when we finished. I did the short route which was 24 miles. There was also a 40 mile route and the field was probably split 50/50. Some serious riders and some like me just out to enjoy the ride.

Great racing @ContraryMaryMary! When I wake to the wind howling, especially in the winter, my first instinct is to roll over and go back to sleep. Congrats on being the 3rd overall female – very impressive!!

I love your list of lessons learned from your long run yesterday @quilteryoyo. Can you tolerate Gu’s? I love the chocolate ones – reminds me of eating cake icing!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @ContraryMaryMary on your podium wins! I don't envy you running in that wind!

@quilteryoyo way to get that long run in despite all the difficulty. Getting stung twice in one day is awful 😔

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    However... I do run in shorts and cover my legs on sunscreen. They just don't seem to be affected the same way as my arms and shoulders.
    Those shoes are pretty but I would be so sad to get them all dirty as I am sure they would be quickly!

I’ve noticed that too. I catch myself being lazy with the leg sunblock even though I know I need to do it because, yeah, they just don’t get the same level of exposure as the shoulders/back area. It’s just laziness. I mean, I’m already doing my arms and back. It would take like 2 extra minutes to do my legs. I don’t know why I do that!
    Those shoes will definitely get dirty fast. Not the color combo I would usually go for, but they were on sale!!
  • martaindale
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Good job!!

@quilteryoyo I am terrified of flying stinging insects, especially yellowjackets. I’ve heard their stings are really bad. Hope it feels better soon!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Glad your dad is feeling better and out of the hospital. It's so stressful when a parent is sick. The bike ride sounds like fun. I have not tried Gu's. I guess it is time I found some and tried them out.

@kgirlhart I love your stories about Sunny. You are going to have your camera ready as you near his house next time...just in case. :lol: Sounds like you had a really nice run. I probably wouldn't have stopped at 8.63 miles either. Congrats on surpassing your 100 mile goal already! The stings did pretty much suck. The first one wasn't too bad, but that yellow jacket...still hurts and my calf has a baseball sized swelling. It is feeling a bit better. I'm going to ice it again tonight.

@martaindale I know I should probably watch it more, but I'm just not into it this year. I do like the gymnastics. I love Simone Biles.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart love that you get to see your donkey so often 🥰 I guess I missed the post where you named him. Sunny is a good name. Nice to see he adopted some chickens too!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Great effort on your long run @quilteryoyo, and ouch on the sting - I'm slightly allergic and remember having an aching arm for two days after a paper wasp sting. Antihistamines are your friend in this situation (I always forget at the time as I only get stung once every 5-10 years!).
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    So who is watching the olympics? I watch every second I can and I really like watching sports I only see during the olympics. As much as I love to see the US win, I often find myself rooting for underdogs from countries who don’t podium as much. Except for Simone Biles, I want to see her dominate! The pride of Houston!

Did you see the men's triathlon today? I missed the swim part but caught part of the biking and the running legs. I thought the guy from Norway who won it would fizzle out before the end. His running form was not the typical fast runner form you expect. They were running 4:40 - 4:50 pace per mile! (An American competitor came in sixth place!)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic It sounds like you had a nice time at the lake, even if you weren't feeling the run. Water can be so calming.

Thanks @ContraryMaryMary . Stings usually don't bother me a lot, but this one really got me.

Thanks @rheddmobile ! I'm impressed that you ran in that heat! I thought mine was bad enough.

• pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles this month. I had injured my toe on Monday and was waiting to see how it felt before committing to a distance. I ran this morning without pain, so I think taking the last two days off was a good thing.

July 1- 3.5 miles
    July Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.5 miles

July 3 - 4.60 miles
    July 4 - 3.13 miles
    Total for July - 11.23 miles
    Miles to go - 88.77 miles

July 7 - 5 miles
    July 8 - 3.11 miles
    Total for July - 19.34 miles
    Miles to go - 80.66 miles

Have my half on Saturday, we'll see how this goes!

Not feeling much up for a race report...I got it done.

July 10 - 13.03 miles (course was a bit short)
    July 12 -3.13 miles
    Total for July - 35.50 miles
    July Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 64.50 miles

5 really solid miles today. Felt good to shake more cobwebs off from the half.

July 13 - 5 miles
    Total for July - 40.50 miles
    July Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 59.50 miles

July 14 - 3.2 miles
    Total for July - 43.7 miles
    July Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 56.3 miles

July 16 - 6.22 miles
    Total for July - 49.92 miles
    Miles to go - 50.08 miles

July 17- 3.11 miles
    July 18 - 4.44 miles
    Total for July - 57.47 miles
    July Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 42.53 miles

July 19 - 3.27 miles
    Total for July - 60.74 miles
    July Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 39.26 miles

July 21 - 5 miles
    July 23 - 3.14 miles
    July 24 - 3.11 miles
    July 25 - 3 miles

Total for July - 74.99 miles
    Goal - 100 miles
    To go - 25.01 miles
  • martaindale
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Did you see the men's triathlon today? I missed the swim part but caught part of the biking and the running legs. I thought the guy from Norway who won it would fizzle out before the end. His running form was not the typical fast runner form you expect. They were running 4:40 - 4:50 pace per mile! (An American competitor came in sixth place!)

I also didn’t see the swim. The broadcast we were watching cut it off but did show the start, where there was a very large boat in the way right at the dive station so only some of the field dove in when the horn went off. They had to recall the start and get the boat out the way. Weird but funny. Those guys were absolutely crushing it in that heat. The guy from Norway looked like he was struggling and I was shocked that he was able to hang on to that pace for so long,
  • martaindale
    Options
    Wow, @rheddmobile that is some heat. You are definitely a serious runner who should only do serious runner nods from now on!