Women 200lb+, Let's Jump To It This July!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    SW: 296 (1/3/20)

Weekly totals: July:
    7/1: 245 (period)
    7/7: 243
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    Goal for August 1: 238

I've lost quite a bit of water, and my fingers feel normal now again. I've started working out again, so I will probably see that reflected in the weight. I'm having a lot of upper back pain related to my breast size (which has stubbornly refused to deflate with the rest of me) and I'm hoping strengthening the muscles there will help with it. I hate going to bed sore.

I have to say that it's easy not to eat too much when it's this hot and sticky. I don't want to do ANYTHING.

Today is the day I tidy the pantry and the big freezer (things get shifted around sometimes when I need to put a cookie sheet full of something in there to freeze separately) and the fridge. Once a month this tidy is an actual "pull it all out and wipe it out" but the rest of the time it's just a rearrangement, hefting containers of mustard to see how full they are and whether that needs added to the shopping list, and generally making as much room as I can for raw ingredients when I get them tomorrow.

I also need to make a quichecake (pizza: tomato paste, diced pepperoni, turkey Italian sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, Italian seasoning) for backup; we just started the lamb gyro quichecake, and I always like to have one in the freezer.

• JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Removed. Technical glitch!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @itisjessdarling sounds like you had a nice time, what a good NSV too!

@JuneyCleaves that looks tasty!

@uyister nice!!

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ooh, can you tell me more about this quichecake?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ooh, can you tell me more about this quichecake?

The base is six eggs and a block of softened cream cheese beaten up together. That makes a pie plate. (If your pie plate is small, I'd do 5 eggs instead of 6.) You can double that for a 9 x 13 pan.

So this iteration has chopped pepperoni and turkey Italian sausage, grilled peppers and onions, tomato paste worked into the batter (so it's red instead of pale yellow) and Italian seasoning. I would say I have about two cups total of mix-ins and about 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. It bakes about an hour, and can then be frozen or will last in the fridge a week. My boyfriend eats a slice of it every morning for breakfast, and it has enough protein in it to get him through to lunch.

Other variations involve sausage and cheddar cheese and spinach; bacon, Swiss cheese, and grilled onions; and thinly sliced steak with grilled onions and mushrooms. You can pretty much put anything in it that you would put in an omelet.

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    the strength is in the getting up"( my interpretation)

I love this so much. The strength is in the getting up.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    @Reachbrenda this is the place to be then! Everyone is very supportive here. Welcome to all of the new people! @VickyEltonGreen I love your posts!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @kelMee2 - so you've been menstruating continuously for a month? I hope you can talk to a doctor about that soon if you haven't done so already.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day was yesterday.
    PW 239
    CW 238
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    July Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 218.2
    GW for July 215
    UGW 145

7/1: 219 lbs
    7/8: 218 lbs
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/31:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 5x per week – 3 cardio & 2 strength
    -64 oz of water each day
    -Vacation week: Hit Apple Goals, especially Move & Exercise.

At Mom's house this morning. Power went out at my house twice yesterday. I had gone to the gym once it went the first time and by the time I got back it went out again. Back to mom's house with the dog it was. Before it got dark I got the bunch of weeds out of my yard surrounding a tree. The thistle was as tall as me. Hope my neighbors are shouting their obscenities at me for getting so high.

Had a car visit on Tues only to need to go back either today or tomorrow. Being at Mom's house might help if it's today.

Yesterday would have been my brother's 46 birthday. I'm blaming him for the power outage to make me go back to mom's house. HA. Since DH didn't want to go out to our usual restaurant I picked up a favorite fast food of my brothers. I'm testing out tomatoes so allowed myself the few items. Went to the gym with the first outage as they DH's work is close and they had power before he left. Storm hit while I was there so did a longer treadmill time instead of a short elliptical time until it passed.