WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Finally took a stand with neighbor at son's house. The last straw was them shooting a large bottle rocket into my yard. Fortunately I watered and it is a white clover yard now so I didn't have to worry about a fire. A number of yards are tinder now because of our drought and high temp. High temps will be back the next few days. 90's plus not as bad as Seatle area.

I plan to call parking police until the quit blocking me out of my garage in the back. These are the ones who had the dog who threatened me so I am choosing not to talk to them directly. She was upset with me because I was not respectful. Respect is earned by actions. I tend to make excuses for others and wait too long to take action.

I admit I have avoided this conflict because other things were in front on the list. The large bottle rocket is what put it to the top.

If I have any converstion with them I will say how would you react if my dog threatened your safety, if I shot a bottle rocket at your yard when I know you have small children and a dog in your yard. (they now have a small dog that does not cause problems.), and I made it impossible for you to park on your property. This is why I chose to have the parking police involved.

Follow the parking rules, refrain from shooting fireworks into my yard, and then I have no problem with you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    DramaQueen & KimShea01-- Welcome! :star:

Margaret -- I hope your neighbors respond in a positive way. Good luck. :flowerforyou: My mom liked this quote, "Good fences make good neighbors."

We are getting ready to replace our microwave and oven combination. It is quite old by now and no longer works. We have lived here 20 years. We’ve ordered new from a different company and hope to have it delivered soon. The old microwave and oven-set stopped working & is still in the kitchen, useless and unpleasant to see. We plan to have it hauled away when the new one arrives. A local company will install the new one.

Katla in overcast NW OR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Margaret, hoping that whatever transpires with your neighbor irons out the problems. Do you remember all the problems I had with my apartment neighbors in Hammond Oregon? I can so empathise with you! I had Prudence just opening her door and letting poor Annabelle just wander down the steps, hopefully doing her business, but wouldn't come back upstairs. Then I had the weird couple we shared a wall with that used a loud tv as white noise to fall asleep. Society is so crazy nowadays. Gone is the sensibilities of quiet hours after 10 pm, and not before 8:00 am. You have people talking loud at 2 am (because they're drunk), and stealing clothes outta dryers if you aren't standing over your dryer and watching it. Its frustrating!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Barbie--Thanks for getting us started on the new month and reminding us to take care of ourselves.

Rebecca--I am excited for you and your trip to see family later this month. Looking forward to lots of Athena Rose and grandma pictures.

Machka--I too would like to find more energy when I get off work. But anymore by the time I get off, my mind and body shut down and I can not find the energy or will power to do anything. DH even did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen last night and he even fixed supper. I know mine is because of stress at work, but not sure what to do as I can not make anyone take a job ad be responsable. I am still not sure about the 2 new hires. One didn;t show up Tuesday and when I called her she said she didn''t have it done. I make a copy of the schedule and highlighted her days and times. Will see if she shows up tomorrow or not. If not she is done. The other one just isn't sure the hours are going to work for her. Really, it was explained several times in the interview and when the job was offered. What is wrong with people??? Thanks for letting me vent.

Michele--making some of those towels for the soup kitchen fund raiser sounds like a great idea. I have seen them at craft shows for about $10 each. My grandma used to make them and I still have some. I like having them handi.

Margaret--Good for you standing up to those people. I will be so glad when the 4th is over and firworks are done. The people across the from us have been doing it everynight so far and until after 11. My poor puppy will not go out and just sits in the house and cries. And then I think of all the money they are just burning up.

Another hot day and I am finishing up my 3rd 12 hour shift this week and just 8-9 hours tomorrow and will be at 50 for the week. Next week worse as have someone on vacation, I didn't cancel it as she has tried twice this year and got cancelled so will get over it.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Vicki,
    Yep I am so excited! We have a week or so for our trip. Plus I will be back down in August sometime to eldest sisters. Even though she isn't having the family reunion because of kitchen remodeling at end of this month, I think we're still all getting together and having a sister get together.👍💖
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Rita- bless you .. an alcoholic always blames evreryone else for there problems ,believe me my friend Al-anon will help you lots ,you will find that there are many other people in the same shoes as you...
    Why do I always step right in the middle of it when it comes to my SIL ,I told her that Tracy has a baby registry thats all i said and then she went off on me about she has alot going on with the houses ,need a crane to take trees down at the cottage and the property taxes are due and do i want to help with that i could pay for the crane or the property taxes..
    Both very expensive...i told her the truth that I am living on the alimony i get and waiting on disability..
    She knows how to just take that knife and twist it in my back.. Sean had her send me edible arrangements and she wasnt pleased she had to do that..
    She has always been a bully and I will try and distance myself from her .. ugh..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 42min 32sec, 78elev, 3.34ap, 82ahr, 93mhr, 5.73mi= 525c
    Strava app- 695c
    Zwift home spin bike- 30.22min, 153elev, 19.76amph, 127aw, 65arpm, 131ahr, 157mhr, 10.01mi= 286c
    Zwift app- 222c
    Walk to gym- 11.21min, .51mi= 56c
    Strava app- 63c
    Treadmill jog- 26.16min, 5.5-6.5sp, 10.46min mi, 132ahr, 160mhr, 2.5mi= 272c
    Other- 2.45min, hanging crunches knee to waist, 5sts of 10ea, 104ahr, 122mhr= 23c
    Other- standing crunches 25#, 10sts of 10ea and 1set of 5180# tire toss, 11.58min= 51c
    Walk gym to home- 11.02min, .53mi= 51c
    Strava app = 65c

Total cal 1264
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    No instead of parking in one of their legal spots she chooose to park mostly on their driveway and moves partially up believing this makes room for me to get out plus they leave their garbage cans there too. She is parking within 20 feet of my garage which if I read the law correctly is still illegal. I just called the parking police again. This is at son's house so it is part of the reason I let it slide. It effects the value of my property so I can't.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    &&&&&
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Tracey- your right.. thats why I will distance myself from them i dont mind talking to my brother,he can be a pain too,but nothing like her..I dont need the drama in my life right now.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Went to the YM this morning for water exercise. They were having trouble with the showers, no hot water.

Cool and cloudy here today, feels good. Got my flowers around the gazebo watered. Lawn has brown patches after all the heat. Pastures looking rather dry too. I probably should hook up the hoses and see if I can get some water back there. The blueberries are just starting to turn color. We have some that ripen early and some that ripen later.

Everyone take care Sue in WA