WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Machka

I know you say it can be hard to not cause hard feelings with your hubby and I trust that is true.
    Have you just tried the I'm full. Say I love your food but I can't eat more. My favorite line from some diet book somewhere... I am not a garbage can. Extra food can go in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch or the garbage bin but when you are full, you are full.

Maybe his brain could handle it better if you vomitted one day and said... Oh, I really ate too much. Then in the future you could just reference the night you ate too much. :anguished:

Flea - I'm so sorry. I would encourage you to do some research on diet. There is different diets that feed or starve different cancers and some like keto which have been shown to reduce nausea for chemo.
    I'll be praying for you.

Me- woke up in trace ketosis. Felt much better today. Ate mostly in my 8 hour window. Had a few tiny bites of cheese when making my husbands lunch. Really have to start doing all my food prep during the window or I eat when I'm not really hungry, just out of habit. Got in a good walk and stayed mostly in my calories. Had a few too many carbs but overall today was a good day.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Flea … hugs …
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    What’s one thing you love about your home, garden or neighborhood?
    Or maybe one thing you love about each of them!

Me ...

Home : my view over the bay.
    Garden : its variety. We don't have a smooth flat lawn. We're on a hill so we've got all sorts of levels.
    Neighbourhood : even though it is growing, it still has a little bit of a beach-side community feel. And I love the beach!

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Flea - I have no words, but all the prayers for you.

Tracey
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Woke up late today so just went for my walk before it got too hot. Vince says that he set the alarm but I slept thru it. He either has it real low or else forgot to put it on. He won’t admit it, tho. He also left the light on in the garage and he’s telling me that he told me to close the garage door when I come in from mahjongg. I don’t remember him ever telling me that. Many times I just did it. He just doesn’t like to be wrong so I just let things run off my shoulders. The plan for tomorrow is to do some bodypump DVD.

Debbie – maybe I’ll get the lid and see how it goes. I’m the only one who will eat dehydrated fruit, so I’m wondering how much I will need. Well, there’s only one way to find out.

M – loved the “punishment”

Annie DE – you got this!

Went in the pool (where else?)

RV Rita – when my husband read about the UFO parts being found, he again said how going to Area 51 is on his bucket list. I thought it might be increasing your business

frespirit – welcome! Come back often

khalsey – welcome! You can do it!!!

Rebecca did you get your haircut yourself or did Lee go with you??? There is no way on this green earth you’d get me into a 2 piece! You’re braver than I am, that’s for sure

Vince grilled chicken and salmon for us to have later in the week, then I played mahjongg with my feet in the spa.

Michele NC

He took me but the lady told me she was not taking any more people today. By then Lee had zoomed away, but I figured I needed to go to Wal-Mart anyway. The suit was a 2x and the bottom was comfortable and had some tummy control, the top is a tropical print with the bottoms being a solid color. I was satisfied. My shorts were just pull ons and size 20. The shirts were 2x. Its not about the size its about comfortable! Lol! Then after my $61 extravaganza, I walked to another salon and called husband to pick me up.👍.
    Rebecca
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Flea - Hugs and prayers!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Flea - Sounds like you have a great doc. Wishing you well.

Rebecca - Sounds like you are getting ready for that vacation.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Home: its quiet, and sparse. Its relaxing.
    Garden: I don't have a garden, or plants, but I have a grove of tall trees in front yard and some in the back yard. So I hear owls before I fall asleep, and squirrels chasing each other.
    Neighborhood: we live on a court, so its a quiet street.
    💖 Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Yep Sue, I am beyond excited!
  • Machka9
    Options
    This is my food diary including seeds (to increase my protein a little bit) ...

jf0owrnxcced.png

Today, I have also walked 3.45 km with plans for a short walk after work.
    And I've hiked 18 flights with plans for another 10 this afternoon (Total 28 flights = 560 individual stairs up, and that again down, plus a few steps on each landing)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    limtz58jh9pb.png
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I anyone else no longer able to read, add to or modify the previous day's diary?
  • Machka9
    Options
    I anyone else no longer able to read, add to or modify the previous day's diary?

Just loaded my food from yesterday ... no problems.

Desktop computer using Chrome.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Machka - I love that beginner meme. My DDIL has encouraged the kids to go along with that and I find it a great attitude. Sometimes they'll say, "I'm not very good yet, but I'm only learning."
    It's an attitude I have tried to develop as an adult and I'm getting much better. It's especially useful for learning languages! :p

Flea - Your medical team sounds great. Lean on their support and suggestions. <3 Sending lots of love through the ether. <3

DH seemed pretty sanguine when he was dropped off back home. My son took it very hard. :'( Silent during the drive home.
    Max couldn't watch the penalties. He had to go and sit on the stairs with his book.
    Edie adored having DH there. <3 She kept him company the whole way through. When they told the kids, just before he arrived, that a special guest was coming, she said "It's Johnny!" straight away. He found her company very soothing as she chattered away.
    Oh well. The last time England won a major football competition was 1966. I remember it well. I was 16. I could still tell you the names of most of the team!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Flea - Sending love and hugs to you <3
  • Machka9
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Exercise minutes and calories over the past 30 days. :)

lsh6e7fx94mr.png

4wn2o0nvrw86.png

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, church.
    Bonus: Freddie’s, almost an hour and a half dinking around in the garden, chopping brush, tending ‘taters.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, filing, bank to sign loan docs, review June council minutes, county ARP project proposals 111.co.curry.or.us/ figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, clarification of chief’s report, finish and email draft minutes/meeting announcement, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    10-Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them: all you wonderful gals here.
    11-Look for something positive in a difficult sitiuation: receiving those patience lessons, yes, again.
    12-Write your worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”: I hesitate to write my worries down as I feel it gives them reality.

Heather “If you can…” ROTLMAO! Brilliant idea for Johnny to zoom watch the match with the grands. Even better news about the negative tests and in person viewing. Love the poem ;)
    Julie we live half a mile up a dirt road that winds up and down along the edge of steep ravines, so need all wheel drive. In the winter we put on studded tires in case we need to go through the snowy/icy mountains to Medford. At less than 5’, and shortwaisted, I like to sit up high to see over the hood ;) It’s not a pressing need, my 2014 Escape works just fine, I’m simply not in love with it and would like something else, perhaps a Toyota 4runner or a GMC Denali for longevity/reliability. No trouble adding food to yesterday’s diary from my iphone, unfortunately ;)
    Machka ((hugs)) such a hard balancing act to encourage his independence yet set boundaries for your own health. ((hugs))
    Debbie your ginger pineapple concoctions sound mouth-watering!
    Welcome @frespirit57 and @khalsey3737! Would you let us know what to call you and your general locale?
    Flea (((hugs))) :cry: (((hugs))) and prayers, prayers, prayers.
    Kylia sneakers in snake country? Oh no!
    Rebecca safe travels!

Home: peek at the ocean down the powerline easement
    Garden: volunteer potatoes, dwarf fruit trees persisting despite neglect
    Neighborhood: forested, quiet, private, rarely hear neighbors, only see them occasionally passing by on the lane.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 10, weigh/wii: 11/0/0; steps>6701=6211, vits=8.75, log=11, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=10, Tumble=8, Shadow=10, mfp=12, outside=14, up hill=11, clean 10=5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=1 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=6 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW