WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Flea I'm so sorry. I'm really glad you have a spunky oncologist. Your medical team has your back. And all of us are your pocket angels. Sending much love.

Karen in Virginia
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Awe cute sweet cat's Debbie! I love to see happy, contented cats. They really are social creatures, and do better in sets of 2 or three. 👍
    Rebecca

Thanks!! We actually have six in the house(we had seven until our one little one had to be put to sleep- FIP-no treatment)
    We never planned on this many. I was content with the first two. Then our deaf girl and her brother were born in our yard- she wouldn't survive outside so we took both in, tried to find a home but husband got attached,especially to her, then these two were born in our yard, again, we got attached, then we finally caught the mom to the deaf one and her brother(neighbor threatened to catch her and our other cat that gets to go outside and take them to the shelter)-
    Everyone looks and acts different-so many personalities

I love the cats but the girl in this picture and my big Siamese looking one are shedding SOOOOO bad right now- cat hair everywhere.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Awe cute sweet cat's Debbie! I love to see happy, contented cats. They really are social creatures, and do better in sets of 2 or three. 👍
    Rebecca

Thanks!! We actually have six in the house(we had seven until our one little one had to be put to sleep- FIP-no treatment)
    We never planned on this many. I was content with the first two. Then our deaf girl and her brother were born in our yard- she wouldn't survive outside so we took both in, tried to find a home but husband got attached,especially to her, then these two were born in our yard, again, we got attached, then we finally caught the mom to the deaf one and her brother(neighbor threatened to catch her and our other cat that gets to go outside and take them to the shelter)-

I love the cats but the girl in this picture and my big Siamese looking one are shedding SOOOOO bad right now- cat hair everywhere.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA

Ah no! Its more difficult with cats, because most don't handle brushing well. What about those gloves you can wear that you just pet them, and hair gets stuck on the gloves? Glad you're not allergic to cat hair or nothing!💖👍. We had a long haired gray cat while growing up. Being that they all mostly slept in the barn or garage, her hair was always a mess. She'd lick herself but she was really lousy at it, gave us a look like, "you know this is pointless right"?
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    ngs3knahrcl3.png
    Rebecca

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA

Ah no! Its more difficult with cats, because most don't handle brushing well. What about those gloves you can wear that you just pet them, and hair gets stuck on the gloves? Glad you're not allergic to cat hair or nothing!💖👍. We had a long haired gray cat while growing up. Being that they all mostly slept in the barn or garage, her hair was always a mess. She'd lick herself but she was really lousy at it, gave us a look like, "you know this is pointless right"?

Here is my big boy- 18lbs last time I weighed him-
    6j629kcf49ef.png

All of our cats are formerly feral.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Michelle in NCwhere did you read about the UFO pieces? I would like to read it. The Area 51 trip, I did it! Lol You can’t see anything but the keep out signs. But it is fun to say you’ve been there! >:)

RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    What’s one thing you love about your home, garden or neighborhood?
    Or maybe one thing you love about each of them!

The variety of people and events that happen around me is something I love about where I live.
    I love my little pot garden and gathering the veggies I get from the tubs.
    I love my ever changing neighborhood at the park.

RvRita
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Home: It's my fortress of solitude well except I'm not alone. The other best thing about my home is my husband is there.

Garden: I have lots of native plants I put out for butterflies and such. I also love my veggie garden knowing exactly where my food comes from and not having any chemicals is awesome. I just don't always keep it up. Like right now it only has a cherry tomato, 1 cucumber and a dying jalepeno. Well I also have fruit trees. Just love the organic, eco friendly fresh food.

Neighborhood-It's close in town but still has so much wildlife. We have had a bobcat in the yard, raccoon, possum, butterflies, eagles, red hawks, so many other birds, skinks, moles, voles, snakes, bunnies just endless but 5 minutes from the grocery store my old house was 45 mintues away.

So far so good. Woke up in ketosis, fasted until 2 pm ate because I was hungry, have done mild exercise. Getting ready to cook dinner. I've decided on Cauliflower and zucchini but haven't decided the protein.

I am taking a trip at the end of the week with my daughter. I can't decide if I want to pack some low carb things, eat out with caution or just try a 2 day fast. I have really been digging the fasting and it has so many health benefits I might try a fast.

I want to do a gallbladder cleanse. I've done them before but I don't want to do the 2 days of apple juice so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it without the apple juice.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • Whidislander
    Options
    ngs3knahrcl3.png
    Rebecca

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA

Here is my big boy- 18lbs last time I weighed him-
    6j629kcf49ef.png

All of our cats are formerly feral.

Woowsa 18 lbs is nothing to sniffle about! Very handsome guy! I like his water dispenser perch! Like a pedestal, bow to me lowly humans!😂😁
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    b2j9usqwhmkq.jpg

Golden eyes! Very lovely fur pattern! 💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    q95gzdwgrta5.jpg
    These were my childhood pals. Thomas the Tabby cat, and Katie an Irish wolf hound/Norwegian short hair mix. She was a big sweet dog!
    💖Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Dan is home and im watching the end of Love Boat
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I love seeing your fur babies. I like the kitties and dogs. I miss my own dog like crazy. He passed away a few months ago. :'(
    We have an upcoming birth of another baby grandson. I’m busy knitting a baby blanket for the new baby. I plan to have it finished before we leave to be caregivers for our grandson while our daughter in law and son will be at the hospital for the birth of the new baby. We don’t know when we will travel to be there. <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    I went to do a body pump DVD and they were doing an assessment in that room so I couldn’t use it. So I came home and went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak Fit Challenge DVD. Maybe I’ll be able to go for another walk after bowling since it’s cloudy outside which translates into not being able to use the pool.

Flea – oh my dear (((HUGS and PRAYERS))).

Bananas – I don’t seem to have a problem accessing my previous day’s diary. But when I go to add food, the first time I click on “add food” I usually get a message that an error has occurred. Then, when I try again to add the food, I can. Go figure! One of the best classes (I didn’t know it at the time) was taking typing in high school. To this day, young people are amazed at how I can type and not look at the keys and type (to them) so fast.

The sun just came out so when we get home from bowling MAYBE I will be able to go in the pool. Update: wasn't able. But it looks like hopefully I can tomorrow

Debbie – Miso and Tonashi are so cute. How old are they?

Ordered this container for putting in yogurt so that it’ll drain and make greek yogurt. One thing I didn’t realize was that it’s only for 2 qts, I wish I’d gotten one for a gallon. In a sense, I can’t wait to take the smaller IP down to the condo and “forget” it there because I’ll have room in my cabinet for it

I need a reason. I’ve been talking to this one gal about the mahjongg, She said that they play from 7-9 but they like in person. Personally, I can’t see driving 40 minutes (this is round trip), I know many times we talk and maybe have something to eat (if it’s someone’s birthday, or one gal many times brings figs from her bushes). I told her that I need to leave by 8. The truth of the matter is that if I leave her house at 9 – 9:30 I don’t get home until almost 10. Everyone else lives near her so they’re home in a matter of minutes. But what is a good reason why I need to leave so early? Another reason is that on Mondays we usually go to ceramics. Pre-pandemic I’d go and leave early but then again I’d get in 1-1/2 hr of ceramics. If I leave ceramics early now, I would only get in 45 minutes. I can’t say that I would like to go to ceramics (I would) and that I really don’t want to get home late (I know she’ll say that they stop at 9 but I also know that many times the time got away from me and we played until after 9, there was one time I didn’t get home until almost 11). Can anyone think of a good reason?

Just got home from bowling. Looks like I won’t even have time for a walk much less going in the pool. Oh well...tomorrow it’s supposed to be nice early in the day. I count the donation $$ at the church, but probably when I get home.

Went to ceramics and picked up Dopey.

Count at the church tomorrow. I have a feeling we’ll be counting for two weeks since the secretary was off last week.

Michele NC

ne7dj3xh8rz0.jpg

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋