WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) There are tiny zucchini on the plants that I thought would never grow. The tomato plants are huge with some flowers and a few tiny tomatoes. We are very excited.

:)Katla, I'm sure the blanket you are knitting for your not yet born grandchild is very satisfying work.

:)Michele, your ceramics seem to bring you so much pleasure.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Michelle - Why do you need a reason? A simple I can’t make it, or I know longer want to participate should suffice. If everyone else wants to play in person, perhaps it’s time for you to exit the group and spend your time like you want to.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Evening!
    Love the kitties!
    Positives for today- I haven't been grocery shopping yet. I haven't opened the new mayonnaise yet. DH's creamer is almost gone. We have a large freezer for the frozen stuffs.

Yes, the refrigerator is dead. DH still didn't believe me on the age....sticker on the back says it was marked as damaged on cabinet 6/9/1998! It lived a good life and provided great service. It is a side by side. I am looking forward to a french door version. We need more refrigerator space than freezer space with the large freezer in garage. The prices are STUPID though!!!I thought $798 was expensive in 1998. Over $3K now. Really? Oh well, thankful for the service the last one gave us.

Time for bed.
    Sleep well!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where DH gets to fridge shop tomorrow ;)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I went to do a body pump DVD and they were doing an assessment in that room so I couldn’t use it. So I came home and went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak Fit Challenge DVD. Maybe I’ll be able to go for another walk after bowling since it’s cloudy outside which translates into not being able to use the pool.

Debbie – Miso and Tonashi are so cute. How old are they?

Michele NC

ne7dj3xh8rz0.jpg

Miso and Tonashi are 2 1/2yrs old. They are the youngest of the six. There was a third kitten in the litter but it got hit and killed right in front of my son- the next day we caught these two and brought them in- got us up to 6 cats in the house, then we added Shiro, the mom to Tora and Shima
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Well ol Allie woke up with a bad tummy around 10 and here i am still awake..I have alarm set for 6:15 going to bring Dan here and he can walk to work..which is right next door my mammogram is at 7:45 and i dont know how long ill be he gets out at 1 ..he is working on securing rides to and from work
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I have been watching the Calgary Stampede. & enjoy it. An American woman about my age won the barrel race. 🏇⭐️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Well i never did get back to sleep after 10 pm so im lucky if i got 3 hrs sleep..of course now im ready to sleep but i cant because i have to pick up Dan at 7.and go for a mammogram. Ugh
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Margaret - I watched the video! :D:D:D How wonderful for them! When did they actually tell you? After you had seen it on TV?
    I must say it's not an impressive object, therefore easily overlooked.
    I've seen lots of Buddhas on our antique programmes and it's often astonishing what they are worth. Our last show was a repeat and there was a Buddha on that worth 50 to 100 thousand at the valuation. Similar age to yours, so it may go for a lot more. Very decorative. There was a huge one not long ago, valued at 40 thousand that sold for 200 thousand.
    My favourite presenter bought one on a road trip to resell at auction. It cost £50 and sold for £3,700. Of course, that threw the dynamics of the show off, because the two presenters are meant to be in competition! :p
    I'm so glad that they spent the money on a nice house. Happy ending.

Michele - You need to decide whether you just want to play mahjong, in which case you could find an entirely online group, or whether seeing the other women is more important to you, in which case the round trip is worth it. I sense for you the game is the thing. Then just tell the truth - the journey there and back doesn’t fit with your schedule at the moment. You don't have to explain. Just send an email. The good thing about an entirely online group is that it can be with people from anywhere in the world.
    We have a similar dilemma at the moment with our singing group. They are going back in person on 29th,but in a different venue, that we can't be bothered to journey to. I don't love the people in the group enough to make the effort, but we love to sing, so we will continue with it by video until we get bored. It's a shame, but we enjoyed so much just walking down the road to the group, and we don't want to go out of our way. We have told them we won't be joining them.

Now, on with my editing!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3 I am here and reading all of your posts! Along with work, I am participating in a week long online seminar. So...each night I have about four hours of "sessions" to watch. Busy week, but you all have posted things that are striking a chord with me. I will probably need to backtrack at the end of the week to comment on all that has caught my eye! Love and hugs to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What’s one thing you love about your home, garden or neighborhood?
    Or maybe one thing you love about each of them!

Me ...

Home : my view over the bay.
    Garden : its variety. We don't have a smooth flat lawn. We're on a hill so we've got all sorts of levels.
    Neighbourhood : even though it is growing, it still has a little bit of a beach-side community feel. And I love the beach!

M in Oz

Long day - 12 hours away from home. Now I'm loving my pyjamas, my corner of the house, hot tea, and the TDF on TV. :)

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Heather my darling husband told me because he is down visiting the family. I didn't go because DH did not want to take Drew and I did not want to board her that long. I did board her for two days when we went to DSIL funeral service. DH and DS continued on to Chicago and St. Louis. The most I would like to leave Drew is four days right now. Actually I want to visit St. Louis later and take Drew. I want them to meet her. A friend just took her Golden Retriever to the Grand Canyoun which is a 2000 mile trip, and it went fine.

I did know they had moved but have not seen their new home. Fred said it is a McMansion. I do find it interesting that my brother is living in one of those. Where I grew up we lived in a comfortable middle class home, but there are a number of Mansions close by. Some of the smaller homes are now torn down and McMansions are built. It made my brother angry. Now he is living in one of them. I do find this humerous in a strange way.

This is the brother who hoarded my mom's house, and I was not talking to him until a year ago. It does not surpise me he did not tell me. The down side to this is it might encourage his hoarding. DSIL is not a hoarder, and it is an issue for them. Although maybe her good fortune might make him relook at some of his things and start to sell off his hoard. I can only hope.

I am happy for them and want to ask her more about the person she bought the art object from his estate sale, and how exciting to be the caregiver of museum piece. She is a lovely person.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    My sister arrives today with her little brat grandson. My mom is already out of her comfort zone. It's going to be a difficult week.

I had my new writing group last night by zoom. I never said anything, just like the last time. It makes me feel like something is wrong with me. Or maybe the group is just self sufficient. There was one part about horses, when I really should have spoken. Oh well, I guess I am weirdly quiet now.

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    Flea:: ((((((hugs)))))))
    Positive vibes 💕💖💕 I like that doctor
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    What’s one thing you love about your home, garden or neighborhood?
    Or maybe one thing you love about each of them!
    Me ...

Home : It has spacious light rooms and a well planned kitchen. Our garden room is my favourite. It has large french windows which face south and have a view of the garden.
    Garden : It’s got lots of different areas and several pleasant places to sit in sun or shade. My favourite is the terrace outside the garden room where many of my summer planters are placed.
    Neighbourhood : It is a quiet area near the sea with good transport links.

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I anyone else no longer able to read, add to or modify the previous day's diary?

Not that I know of.
    limtz58jh9pb.png

Every day 😂

Heather - We were just back from honeymoon. DFiL was English, so it was a big day for the family.

Welcome to our new gals. Looking forward to getting to know you.

☘️Terri
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    <3