TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Can't grab hold of everything.

Rebecca in pictures you can't see leg hair LOL. I agree. My legs aren't what they used to be but they get me where I"m going.

Allie, my husband used to snore so bad then he got his CPAP and all that stopped.

Michele, love the ceramics. I have to go back.

Barbara when things come in the garden it is always exciting. I love zucchini.

Rori, I"m sorry for your brother's decline. He is so lucky to have you.

Annie, cheer up. At least you still talk to your sister. I avoid mine.

I woke up in ketosis, stuck to my eating window and calories. Am about to go for a walk. Still struggling with finding the time and more truthfully energy to get things done. I need to do another gallbladder cleanse but dread it. Oh well it is that or surgery and I don't particularly want to have my gallbladder out. I have just a few more precious days of freedom. I'm taking my daughter over to Gulfport on Thursday. Will indulge in a little gambling and a spa visit. She's going to go to New Orleans Friday to hang out with some internet friends. Then back here early Saturday morning to spend time with my DH. After 27 years I still don't like to miss a weekend with him.
    Went out shopping today looking for a few more products that will fit my eating style. Ordered my Misfits box.
    It's been a good day.

Kiz
    North Florida
  • MNPisces
    MNPisces Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    👋
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,
    We have been thunderstorms/sunshine/thunderstorms all day! Dinner timed well with sunshine.
    Flea One step at a time! You have lots of angels in your pockets!
    Rori DB is lucky you are willing and able to assist. Remember you still need to take care of you. Your profile picture is wonderful!
    Rebecca I saw picture of legs and my first thought was "Nice Legs!!!"
    Annie She is only there for the weekend. Just remember to find some down time for you. Your mom is lucky you help so much.
    Allie My DH hs worn a CPAP for a couple of years now. I will tell you that it has greatly improved his quality of sleep and therefore his moods. He does use a Dreamwear "mask". It is like a cushion under his nose with the hose over the top of his head. We both sleep better. His AFIB is better under control too.

Refrigerator saga continues....(not really)....went to our local servicing dealer. I looked at a GE French door with the extra drawer. That was what I wanted and they had it in stock. Our sales guy was worried about what finish we might want-lol! My stove is stainless and black. My dishwasher and microwave are white with stainless handles. My old fridge was white. I really don't care if they match. Well, we left after purchasing a kitchen aid. Model KRMF706EBS. French doors, LED lighting, lots of drawers, and in stock. It gets delivered on Thursday. It is a dark stainless with silver handles. My DH wants to replace the microwave too as it is temperamental, but sales guy said to wait until black friday if possible to save a bunch of money. It will match the fridge. What a hodge podge I am.

DH needs me to take care of some stuffs. Dryer is beeping at me with hang up clothes.

Love to all!

Kylia in Ohio where it was lightening/thundering at the start of this post and now the sun is glaring in the window!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options

Went for my evening walk then played mahjongg by the pool. I find that I get mosquito bites and I’m thinking it’s because I’m by the pool. Wish there was something other than OFF that would repel the mosquitoes. I know citronella does, but I would need a few of them and I’d probably have to be downwind of it which means that I’d smell like citronella

Flea – how wonderful that you could have someone with you in the treatment area! A friend of mine who went thru chemo said that candied ginger helped her with her nausea

Went to WalMart then realized I forgot my phone with my shopping list. Well, I needed the prescription anyway and got the two things I could remember. I’ll probably go to Aldi tomorrow since my list for there is getting big.

Kylia – that sounds like the CPAP that Vince has!!!

Michele NC
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Wish there was something other than OFF that would repel the mosquitoes. I know citronella does, but I would need a few of them and I’d probably have to be downwind of it which means that I’d smell like citronella

Michele NC

There is something that works really well. Coleman's Bontanical Insect Repellent. It works great.

Kylia I have so say I'm jealous. I been wanting one of the fridges that are all fridge up top with the double doors and the flex drawer underneath but I just can't justify it as our fridge works great.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Health Update:
    First chemo treatment is done. It took about 2.5 hours. I took a little nap at the end of it. One of my former colleagues now works in HR for the oncologist. Long story, but she happened to walk into the main clinic office just as I checked in with the receptionist, saying my name, and she whirled around. She said she hardly ever goes into that office, so she called it a "God Appointment." Then yesterday, leaving the port implant surgery, I saw her walking. That reminded me to respond to her earlier email. She took her lunch break at 12:30, and sat and chatted with me. That meant so much because with COVID, we can't have anyone with us in the treatment area, but because she is an employee, she was allowed.

So my 2.5 hours were spent, chatting with K, chatting with the nurse, reading my book, and napping. The chairs are set up to face out huge pane glass windows, and from the 4th floor of the hospital, we have a lovely view of the capital building. y71sxdyfuegp.png
    From the back, but still lovely.

Biopsy of vertebrae is scheduled for the 26th. PET scan still awaiting insurance approval.

Feeling okay. Really tired, but not sick yet. I am going to lie down now and rest a bit. I have made plans for dinner and explained to two of the boys what I was going to do and how to do it. I teased them that I need to write a book for them called "Mother's Hints," to explain how to do everything that I do that they will need to start doing.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I'm glad someone was there with you. :heart:

And yes ... I need to create a binder of "All The Things" in case something happens to me.

I've suggested to a few organisations that they should put on a workshop to help people (especially carers or those with a long-term illness) to create a binder of "All The Things" because it can be hard to think of all the things we need to tell someone.

This provides some suggestions: http://ssandifer.com/MyLoveList2015.pdf
    This is kind of interesting and focuses on household tasks: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6934229/Wife-details-extensive-list-chores-husband-knows-help-house.html

When my husband was lying there in a coma, I was in something of a panic because I didn't know what he did, I didn't know how to get into our accounts, or into his computer. I wasn't sure if the rent would be paid. I was trying to find information about our vehicles. It took a while, but I finally got into his email and there were emails there I didn't know how to answer. It was a mess.

But when you do a Google search, there's very little information about what to do when a spouse becomes ill or injured and can't do what they usually do.

Continued prayers!
    M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    :*
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Flea: Adding my prayers and hugs to the many you are already getting from us. <3

Machka: Your experiences as a caregiver bring back recent memories. I'm so sorry for how your DH's injury has impacted your life. 😢 Stay strong and keep smiling. It's not gonna last forever.

Love all the kitty cat photos. Here is Mars, my leash loving cat and 14 pound bed hog who has been especially clingy since DH passed.
    8jmynmqbtfa6.jpg

My DB is still declining slowly from end stage liver disease. He lives with me so I am back in caregiver mode. Only this time it is with someone who has full mental capacities. Physically he has very little energy and limited mobility. He hasn't smiled or laughed in a long time. There is more he could do to enrich his life besides lie in bed and watch TV all day, but will he take any advice or help from me? Well, I bet you can guess the answer to that... Grrrr.

What I love about my
    Home: It is a condo but the layout of the rooms feels like a house. Also love south and east facing windows where I keep about 40 houseplants thriving and blooming.
    Garden: Summer blooms and my first ever success growing tomatoes!
    Neighborhood: Safety of having good neighbors around me.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Mars is simply amazing! Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,453 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Can't grab hold of everything.

Rebecca in pictures you can't see leg hair LOL. I agree. My legs aren't what they used to be but they get me where I"m going.

Allie, my husband used to snore so bad then he got his CPAP and all that stopped.

Michele, love the ceramics. I have to go back.

Barbara when things come in the garden it is always exciting. I love zucchini.

Rori, I"m sorry for your brother's decline. He is so lucky to have you.

Annie, cheer up. At least you still talk to your sister. I avoid mine.

I woke up in ketosis, stuck to my eating window and calories. Am about to go for a walk. Still struggling with finding the time and more truthfully energy to get things done. I need to do another gallbladder cleanse but dread it. Oh well it is that or surgery and I don't particularly want to have my gallbladder out. I have just a few more precious days of freedom. I'm taking my daughter over to Gulfport on Thursday. Will indulge in a little gambling and a spa visit. She's going to go to New Orleans Friday to hang out with some internet friends. Then back here early Saturday morning to spend time with my DH. After 27 years I still don't like to miss a weekend with him.
    Went out shopping today looking for a few more products that will fit my eating style. Ordered my Misfits box.
    It's been a good day.

Kiz
    North Florida

Kiz, nope you gotta look hard, but the inner lower calves, it all grows sideways, so that's interesting. When I walk and the wind blows its delightful! Lol! Like it tickles. I am having 2nd thoughts, and sometimes think I should shave pits and legs, but then I realize I have worked so hard in growing these long wispy things for a reason. And really its not that long, maybe an inch, like I can't braid it! I will have to stick to my guns at my sisters in August. She will recoil at the sight, but get over it sis! You aren't the boss of me! (And I will stick my tongue out)! 😁🙃😋
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Mon: BP, dogs to powerline, bank to sign loan docs Tues: BP
    Bonus: Mon: 40 mins chopping brush. Tues: Big adventure with T, R and To, including walk above Sisters Rocks and blueberry picking.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, St. Tim’s, call Nick at bank, board meeting prep, board meeting, filing, review June council minutes, county ARP project proposals 111.co.curry.or.us/ figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    13-Challenge negative thoughts, find an alternative interpretation:
    14-Get outside and move to help clear your head:

Big adventure with T, R and To included scenic hike, fun lunch and almost an hour picking blueberries. Impressive u-pick farm, abundant big ripe berries mixed in with others in various stages of ripening, so there will be more to pick for those who come after. All in all a lovely day. Too pooped to go line dancing tonight. A little achy, think I’ll take an aspirin and go to bed soon as I finish skimming here.

Tracey :love: the pics of the grands and the grandpup. “cleaning party”?
    Barbie your cat looks like s/he disapproves of having her picture taken :laugh:
    Michele, imho, as Heather said, the truth is best. “I get so interested in the game, time gets away from me and I end up leaving too late. I need to leave at x, but feel bad to disrupt the game while you all are still playing. If there was a way for me to play with you all via Zoom I would, But if not, I will just have to bow out. Hope you can understand and forgive.” p.s. I love Dopey.
    Okie you said it faster and better.
    Kylia Over $3K for a refrigerator? O M G !!!
    Margaret. Wow. So happy for your SIL, but how in heck was she able to keep THAT a secret???
    Michele ok so now I read that you really want to keep playing but you also want to be home by X. No need to answer “for what”, just state the time at which you need to leave and set an alarm on your phone. Good luck!
    Rori thanks for the picture of Mars, had been wondering how he was adjusting. Prayers continue for you and yours.
    Allie there are several different kinds of CPAP masks, please take the time to find the one that most comfortably fits you.
    Flea maybe a YouTube play list of “Mother’s Hints” would be easier for the boys? ;) Have one or the other video you onto their phone then upload to YouTube and make private. It could be a blessing. ((hugs)) and prayers.
    Welcome @MNPisces ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?

We signed papers at the bank yesterday to refinance/change mortgage from 20 yr to 10. Today I got a call from the banker but was out hiking where there’s no cell service. His voicemail just asked me to call him soon as convenient, no details why. Uh oh.
    Can’t get through to him til 10 am tomorrow. Hard not to worry or borrow trouble. Getting achier and tireder, aspirin and bed, here I come!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 12, weigh/wii: 13/0/0; steps>6701=Mon:4084, Tues: 4501, vits=10.75, log=13, CI<CO=12, CI<250<CO=12, Tumble=9, Shadow=11, mfp=13, outside=17, up hill=13, clean 10=5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=1 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=7 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about my home is my sitting room. It has my rocking chair and bookcases in it and a large window that looks out to the the wooded driveway and gate.

We don't really have a garden as such but I love the gazebo in the front yard. It is such a pleasant place to be.

Our neighborhood is in the agriburbs. No one has less than 5 acres. We are not close together but neighbors are awesome always ready to help each other.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Barbara - the grands had toys and stuff strewn from one end of the house to the other. They had to help clean up, if I call it a party and offer treats afterwards it becomes a party. 😂 at least in the 5 year old mind, the 9 year old is onto me, but loves me and goes along anyway.

Tracey
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Fell asleep at around 6:15 pm and slept until 12:45 which is better..
    From what im hearing from ya'll is alot of people have Cpaps lol..i shall see how all of it goes today as I see the dr ar 10 am...my ex brother in law and my sister in law both have the nasal pillows and like those so we shall see,,the person i spoke with yesterday said i stopped breathing 5.7 times an hr.. so mild case of apnea but because of my heart issues recommends getting one..so here I go
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Woke up with a headache this morning. Could it have anything to do with the 2 glasses of fizz I had last night at my friend house? ;) My friend Rachel invited a few of us to her house for wine and nibbles. It was a pleasant evening so sat out in her yard for a few hours, before moving inside. It was lovely to catch up with them, I've been feeling a little isolated, I don't go anywhere and only see my daughter, son and my mum.

Allie Sorry you need a cpap, but I'm sure you will feel much better once you start using it. My friend Jane has been using one for a few years now, and though she says it's not a good look :D she wouldn't be without it.

Rori Love the photo of Mars and what a good name too. :)

Flea Glad you had company whilst having your chemo treatment. I remember a few years ago before Covid my mum and I used to stay with my dad during his treatment, he was suffering with a little dementia by then and every week we had to explain that yes he did have the same thing last week when he asked why he was there again. I'm not sure how he would have coped if we weren't allowed to be with him.

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK