What irks you today?

Replies

• therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    It irks me when I stay up too late knowing I’m going to feel like *kitten* the next day, but do it anyway! Now I’m tired & have a headache from lack of sleep 😩
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Just realized my passport expires while I'm out of town....

I just dealt with the same thing... knew mine was expiring while I would be out of town for 2 weeks, so I sent everything in ahead of time... filled the firm out online and printed it, took and printed my own picture, wrote the check and sent everything - including my passport and passport card - priority mail. When I got home, I had a large envelope waiting for me with all my stuff inside along with a rejection letter. I forgot to include page 2. 😔

Oh no! 🤗
  • LBSwartz
    LBSwartz Posts: 10 Member
    My son's fiscal irresponsibility!
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2022
    The whole *kitten* thing. The English language has well over one million words with which to imaginatively express oneself. And yet when faced with life's Frustrating Untenable Calamitous Knockdowns - the best we can do is *kitten* ?!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @MsCzar Could be worse, could be Lammykins. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    There is a local glossy magazine that comes out (I think) quarterly, free with the newspaper, that does features on local events, businesses, community trailblazers and leaders, that sort of thing. It has pretentions to being swanky, there's a wine columnist and usually there's theater coverage and gala charity events. It actually does a good job of presenting my city as much more sophisticated and cosmopolitan than it really is. :D

Until the latest edition. Article about a new business opening, discussing the construction aspects, numerous references to a local well-known construction family. Every single mention of these people in plural got an apostrophe S when there was no possessive involved i.e. "the Smith's worked tirelessly...."
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,664 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    There is a local glossy magazine that comes out (I think) quarterly, free with the newspaper, that does features on local events, businesses, community trailblazers and leaders, that sort of thing. It has pretentions to being swanky, there's a wine columnist and usually there's theater coverage and gala charity events. It actually does a good job of presenting my city as much more sophisticated and cosmopolitan than it really is. :D

Until the latest edition. Article about a new business opening, discussing the construction aspects, numerous references to a local well-known construction family. Every single mention of these people in plural got an apostrophe S when there was no possessive involved i.e. "the Smith's worked tirelessly...."

🤦‍♀️
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    Passive aggressiveness. But, that irks me everyday. It shows weakness of character.
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    Feeling out of sorts days, when Murphy & his bloody law won't give it a rest.

Today, my alarm didn't wake me cuz I accidentally kicked out the power cord in the dark in the witching hours & woke up at 1pm, not 7am.

My phone wasn't working, neither was either laptop... reboots & nonsense all around... then all 3 quickly "died" as I just moved & misplaced the chargers, so I couldn't work.

Found all chargers later afternoon... it's now 10pm & I've still got 2-3 hrs more work to catch up.

I'm tired & wanna go to bed... I also want a do-over.
  • RegisteredNoodle
    RegisteredNoodle Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2022
    Beautiful day, so spent several hours outside raking, gardening, etc. So focused I forgot to drink water. Pretty sure I'm dehydrated and have mild sun poisoning. Also, how on Earth do you log taking a pick axe to the rocks we call soil for an hour, thinning (and cursing at) and transplanting (and more cursing at) garlic for two hours, digging up rocks you found via your pinky toe bending back and you felt a pop....also, laundry ?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    A co-worker who starts every single e-mail with "Happy (day of the week)!"

Not like in a sarcastic way, like "Happy Monday, here's all the crap that's going on..."

But sincerely wishing us a "Happy Tuesday!" Tuesdays are never happy.

She also wishes us "Happy Budget Day!", "Happy Reports-Due Day!", etc.

Maybe I'm just old and cranky, but this level of enthusiasm makes me want to chuck my laptop across the room.
  • Destanieroberts06
    Destanieroberts06 Posts: 103 Member
    Omfg yes they need to speed up the road workers
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    Allergies 🤧
  • Destanieroberts06
    Destanieroberts06 Posts: 103 Member
    Allergies 🤧

Same mine are bothering me for the first time since I was little
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    Allergies 🤧

Same mine are bothering me for the first time since I was little

Same here.
    I never had issues with allergies until around 50.
    Strange and annoying as hell.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,664 Member
    How cold it is in this building...
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Intextophobia!😱 I’m always afraid I’ll send my reply to the family chat!☠️😅🤣
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Small talk
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Amazon. 😖
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Lots rain 😔