What irks you today?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    That apparently you can't block someone if their profile is private.

Or threads.

I think.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Customer satisfaction has become a thing of the past. :(

Job performance seems to have gone down the tubes with it.

My job involves constant interaction with other businesses, from financial institutions to fast food chains and everything in between. I am appalled at the number who will simply ignore me like they hope I'll go away. I'd rather hear an outright refusal like "No, we're not going to fulfil your request" than chasing people who don't respond to my messages.

I think that's the majority nowadays. Companies/contractors, etc., simply hope you'll give up the quest.
    Why should the consumer be at the mercy of all that? There should always be some kind of a guarantee or unspoken rule. That's why we pay good money for a job well done or for insurance. :(

Side note: we're meeting with the owner of the kitchen countertop group again on Tuesday, to see if there's anything he'll do to make us happy. Having newly-installed Formica countertops warp, at the seam, due to water damage, 2 weeks after install, is just wrong. :( There's never been standing water there. But how the he!! does a simple consumer prove that? We showed our ds and he couldn't believe it. Nor could he believe the BS the owner was feeding us. He said it clearly wasn't sealed properly. He's worked in so many departments at his job for 20 years, and kitchen has been one of them; he's such a smart guy. Wish he could be here with us when we meet. DH and I are know-nothing pushovers. :( I've searched online for answers and come up with nothing. :(

argh. Rant over.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

Side note: we're meeting with the owner of the kitchen countertop group again on Tuesday, to see if there's anything he'll do to make us happy. Having newly-installed Formica countertops warp, at the seam, due to water damage, 2 weeks after install, is just wrong. :( There's never been standing water there. But how the he!! does a simple consumer prove that? We showed our ds and he couldn't believe it. Nor could he believe the BS the owner was feeding us. He said it clearly wasn't sealed properly. He's worked in so many departments at his job for 20 years, and kitchen has been one of them; he's such a smart guy. Wish he could be here with us when we meet. DH and I are know-nothing pushovers. :( I've searched online for answers and come up with nothing. :(

argh. Rant over.

I am SO sorry you still need to fight for that countertop :( That's ridiculous. It's a kitchen counter for crying out loud, they get wet, they should be able to withstand a certain amount of moisture without warping.
  • ReenieHJ
    ythannah wrote: »

argh. Rant over.

I am SO sorry you still need to fight for that countertop :( That's ridiculous. It's a kitchen counter for crying out loud, they get wet, they should be able to withstand a certain amount of moisture without warping.

IKR?? When dh called the guy and said we'd like to meet with him, he told dh to not get it wet. Really??? Are you kidding me? We'd never let puddles sit, but as you said, it's a kitchen counter.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    A few things, people who don't get the concept of "personal space"... People who just use their LBS for knowledge and information then just go buy something online. Complaining when cheap *kitten* doesn't work but don't want to pay extra.
  • J_doe
    J_doe Posts: 43 Member
    I realised I have no friends irl to add on here 😔
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    J_doe wrote: »
    I realised I have no friends irl to add on here 😔

I don’t either.
    It’s fun meeting new people here.
    Before you know it, you’ll have loads of new friends! 😊
  • glassyo
    Gas being over $5 a gallon. WTH?

And going to buy girl scout cookies but the little sugar pushers packed up early.

• glassyo
    OMG, one of our clients.

Set up a corporation for him...pretty fast too. Sent him the official forms and HE ALREADY WANTS TO CHANGE THE NAME.

He emailed and then just called like 10 mins ago. I couldn't even talk to him, I'm so mad.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Constant rain, day in day out.. sick of it.
  • J_doe
    J_doe Posts: 43 Member
    Why does my brothers wives have to be so loud and brash! 🙀
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    know it all person, 😡😂
    first it makes me angry,
    then I laugh,
    so ignorant,
    I should have worked harder and made this a Haiku. 😂

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,699 Member
    Delta Airlines... which decided to randomly reassign me from an aisle seat in Delta Comfort to a middle seat. 😑
  • cmsienk
    And now I'm irked because my ears hurt from wearing this mask most of the day. (This is my second flight of the day... Indianapolis to home this morning; home to Las Vegas - still in the middle seat - currently. 39 more minutes to go.)
  • ReenieHJ
    Snow in March, Cold wind in March. Ice in March.
    Evidently a lot of things in March. And I'm just getting started. :)

Extremely lazy people irk me. Not people who have lazy days sometimes but always are lazy. Always. I'm not here to entertain you, keep you busy or ask you to do things(which you should see clearly need to be done). You're a friggin adult. So adult already.

People who place blame and never look inward.

Lack of customer service and customer satisfaction.

Wasting money. :(

Playing phone tag for weeks trying to get one thing accomplished. Or worse, you're the one making all the calls and you never hear back.

I'm done.

Maybe.

Yes, I'm irked right now. But it'll pass and then I'll realize I'm in a much better place than millions/billions of other people are. I can be grateful as well. :*

• glassyo
    That, for some reason, I couldn't find this thread when I needed it. 😀

• cmsienk
    Disorganized clients :|
  • glassyo
    cmsienk wrote: »

Clients.
  • cmsienk
    glassyo wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »

Clients.

:D
  • ReenieHJ
    glassyo wrote: »
    That, for some reason, I couldn't find this thread when I needed it. 😀

Haha I *had* to do the search because I would've blown my top at home, like a steam kettle yesterday if I hadn't done it here. :)

But it's another day. Yay!!