What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Rain.. constant rain 😔 go to hell la nina

When I was last down there you guys were crying out for rain. The following year it flooded :(
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »

When I was last down there you guys were crying out for rain. The following year it flooded :(

The last 2 years there have been la nina weather events which mean our Summers have been milder and wetter than normal and they are saying this Summer will be the same again. ... I neeeeeed the sun 🌞 😫
    In Nov 2019 I travelled back down south through lots of bushfire ravaged areas, some places still had lots of smoke hanging around and grass had little puffs of smoke still rising. There were 1000s of kilometres of burnt country , it was the worst I'd ever seen. Fast forward 2 months and everywhere was under water 🙄 make up your mind Mother Nature

• _Dan1985
    Options
    I spent an hour and a half yesterday trying to sort out a complex issue with my computer only for it to magically work this morning.

I am almost pissed off that it's not still broken since I spent so long on it 😅

FWIW, I'm a hardware engineer and you're always welcome to DM with tech issues.

You just want me to DM you, I won't fall for your tricks!

sh1JeHs.gif
  • _Dan1985
    edited October 2022
    Options

The last 2 years there have been la nina weather events which mean our Summers have been milder and wetter than normal and they are saying this Summer will be the same again. ... I neeeeeed the sun 🌞 😫
    In Nov 2019 I travelled back down south through lots of bushfire ravaged areas, some places still had lots of smoke hanging around and grass had little puffs of smoke still rising. There were 1000s of kilometres of burnt country , it was the worst I'd ever seen. Fast forward 2 months and everywhere was under water 🙄 make up your mind Mother Nature

That's wild, your country really is afflicted with the most extreme weather in both directions. I remember reading about Ash Wednesday when I was there. Must have been pretty heartbreaking to see all of that burnt out countryside.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

That's wild, your country really is afflicted with the most extreme weather in both directions. I remember reading about Ash Wednesday when I was there. Must have been pretty heartbreaking to see all of that burnt out countryside.

It was heartbreaking...the loss of wildlife was huge with between 60, 000,000 and 84, 000, 000 acres burnt. Due to the fires size, intensity, duration and uncontrollable dimension it was considered a Megafire.
  • _Dan1985
    edited October 2022
    Options

It was heartbreaking...the loss of wildlife was huge with between 60, 000,000 and 84, 000, 000 acres burnt. Due to the fires size, intensity, duration and uncontrollable dimension it was considered a Megafire.

Oh dude don't get me started. When you see the pictures on TV of the koalas running from the flames :s - all you want to do is help but there's so little to be done, it's just soul destroying. I'm not for a second taking away from the extent of the human tragedy of course.

I suppose if there's a silver lining to these summers of La Niña, the chances of bushfires are lower, not that it doesn't come with its own problems.

• _Dan1985
    Options
    I spent an hour and a half yesterday trying to sort out a complex issue with my computer only for it to magically work this morning.

I am almost pissed off that it's not still broken since I spent so long on it 😅

FWIW, I'm a hardware engineer and you're always welcome to DM with tech issues.

You just want me to DM you, I won't fall for your tricks!

sh1JeHs.gif

The effort you put into adding my username onto this gif is commendable so you're one step closer to getting a DM from me, congratulations

"Keep simping with gifs son, you'll soon be fixing her PC" - my late grandaddy, probably.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,549 Member
    Options
    The way my brain throws a completely horrible thought at me out of the clear blue.
    Oh gee thanks, I needed to worry about another thing I can’t control. 🙄
  • chelletastic31
    chelletastic31 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Work and people at work :D
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options

This will be me for the next 4 days 😒

This is me, everyday!

I must admit, the people at work aren't so bad, it's the ones I encounter on the way to work and back home.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,786 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

This will be me for the next 4 days 😒

This is me, everyday!

I must admit, the people at work aren't so bad, it's the ones I encounter on the way to work and back home.
    This is me and certain people at work
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,205 Member
    Options
    My left ball....
    I need new shoes. My foot keeps cramping
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    My left ball....

Girl.

I hope your foot feels better. post a picture of the new shoes when you get them
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    My current manager won't release me until 11/4, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to start my new job.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,205 Member
    Options
    My left ball....

Girl.

I hope your foot feels better. post a picture of the new shoes when you get them

I need to get new runners. I had really annoying feet and the second they break down I know! On our move day I was walking around the driveway and yard unloading stuff with no shoes on. The movers probably thought I was a little bit insane
  • Librarylizard2009
    Librarylizard2009 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The way my brain throws a completely horrible thought at me out of the clear blue.
    Oh gee thanks, I needed to worry about another thing I can’t control. 🙄

Why is this so true???!
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    As a youth football coach, Parents. We beg and beg them to make sure their kid is drinking plenty of water or something like Gatorade starting the night before games. Then the kids show up having drank soda and just eaten a cheeseburger and fries before warm ups. Poor kids then get dehydrated and sick while the parents are in the stands fussing at them to suck it up 🤬
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    tigrig wrote: »
    As a youth football coach, Parents. We beg and beg them to make sure their kid is drinking plenty of water or something like Gatorade starting the night before games. Then the kids show up having drank soda and just eaten a cheeseburger and fries before warm ups. Poor kids then get dehydrated and sick while the parents are in the stands fussing at them to suck it up 🤬

Mine is parents that scream and yell at refs - like I’ll give a c’mon man - but nothing more than that - especially for youth soccer most of the refs are kids as well just learning how to ref and parents and even some coaches get crazy - I’m like dude if you are thst upset start Refing and show them how it’s done or stfu
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    No one ever recognizes me for my poetry
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I’m only a little irked but the crew chief I had today was asking me if I wanted to do all the unloads bc apparently I took too long loading? We were done with 20 minutes to spare! They were all heavy heavy heavy bags and yall probably don’t know what I’m talking about but we have two kinds of belt loaders. One just brings the bags to and from the plane door. That’s the one I was dealing with. So I have to do loads of extra work pushing these heavy things to the back of the compartments and stacking everything from the stance of on my knees. Did I forget to mention that these particular bags, all of them were heavy? Chief seen me pouring sweat, eyelashes working overtime to keep the droplets out.
    Anyway, I guess me struggling made him think that I can’t do the job. I CAN and I did BUT I’m way better with the belt loader with a powerstowe idk how to spell it and idc to google. That thing snakes into the plane and reaches everywhere to bring the bags up to you. There’s also an option of a little lift at the end. I rely heavily on that little bit of lift. But ya, wasn’t the one I had. So I’m trying to stack heavy af heavy *kitten* brick *kitten* bags above my head, on my knees.
    Tbh though. I’m not mad at possibly not doing any more uploads today. I’m irked at the whole ‘you weak little girl’ thing. Who knows though bc pms but maybe he saw me struggle and thought this would be a good solution. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I actually hate uploads so like, why complain? 😇