What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    “Marketing” people who can’t spell and don’t know what to do with an apostrophe. Jeez Louise making a couple of badly worded signs & a Facebook ad does not mean you should be in this line of work. At the bare minimum have basic understanding of your client’s business & have an English major check your work.

Every day I get to drive past a hair salon with a massive sign proclaiming "walk in's welcome". Yes, one of those signs that they paid money to have made for them. And no, I can't trust you to cut my hair when you don't have a grasp of basic grammar.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,707 Member
    Options
    Kenn1414 wrote: »
    Kenn1414 wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    How people turn into slobs when they're on airplanes (with the general state of airplane bathrooms in mind)

Once I was on a flight from Bangkok to Dubai, and the old man sat next to me took his shirt off and wouldn't stop burping the whole 8 hours. Thank god I had some pills to relax.

People are so disgusting

I know, right? Like get a little comfortable. Take your shoes off, I won't mind. But mate, are you taking the piss?

Nooooo keep them shoes on until you get to security or your hotel. I don't care if you lean your seat back the whole two inches but I don't want your feet.
    And after all this reaction... I saw a story on the news last night about a child drawing on a woman's socks when she had her feet in his space. Serves her right I think...
    y06wh9vctzog.png
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    When I share something I’m excited about & they *kitten* all over it

Fugg them haters -
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    The main website/program I use all day every day is unreachable and it’s not the Internet because I can get to other sites. I can’t even access my calendar. This is how it ends.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    So I went on a crappy date last night like it was ok I guess but I wanted to go home a lot sooner but he kept taking us to different places. Then he kept trying to kiss me and it was the worst. Kept telling him his breath was bad and I couldn’t figure out what he was trying to do when he kissed me. It was like kissing a bird. Anyway, I was SO NICE in my text this morning letting him down easy and with compliments. But he texted back that I need to learn how to kiss…. I think he knew damn well it was him but he had to be rude since I’m rejecting him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good riddance I guess.

Ppl suck sometimes
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    So I went on a crappy date last night like it was ok I guess but I wanted to go home a lot sooner but he kept taking us to different places. Then he kept trying to kiss me and it was the worst. Kept telling him his breath was bad and I couldn’t figure out what he was trying to do when he kissed me. It was like kissing a bird. Anyway, I was SO NICE in my text this morning letting him down easy and with compliments. But he texted back that I need to learn how to kiss…. I think he knew damn well it was him but he had to be rude since I’m rejecting him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good riddance I guess.

y26h8i06qbam.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Did you tell him he should pop a certs every once in a while?

A guy did that once before kissing me. He was a smoker so I appreciated the gesture.
    The main website/program I use all day every day is unreachable and it’s not the Internet because I can get to other sites. I can’t even access my calendar. This is how it ends.

It's clearly the universe telling you to take the day off.

Today's irk is, of course, food related.

A client, who loves to bring us donuts and a mish mash of goodies from Trader Joes, came in Friday.

I was hoping the leftover donuts would be long gone by today. They were in the trash so that's something. :)

He also brought cookies and truffles and chocolate covered almonds. All were still here except the chocolate covered almonds. I was really looking forward to sucking the chocolate off some of them. (Almonds are really hard to bite into!)
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    That is not Sunday anymore, my granite countertop and my Christmas tree who keeps making my cat be a bad kitty. I had to move my couch to make room for my stupid Christmas tree and I sat down earlier forgetting the couch was shorter than the counter and I bonked the back of my head 😩 hurt so bad and it left me with a huge bump. A few more weeks and that stupid tree goes away.
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    That my cell number is apparently the popular fake number to give out of the day. I've gotten everything from someone trying to reach their professor to a girl giving a guy my number after their "amazing time they had at the party this past weekend "
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I need a jelly donut
  • glassyo
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

It's yours if you wanna go small office trash can diving. :p

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I need a jelly donut

Is it right on top or do I have to dig?
  • glassyo
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

It's actually a small trash can and the box the donuts came in take up most of the space. You just have to lean over and grab the box. :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

It's actually a small trash can and the box the donuts came in take up most of the space. You just have to lean over and grab the box. :)
    Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts
  • glassyo
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts

Since you're so sweet to take a donut off my hands, will you be extra sweet and take my place at our office Christmas dinner on Friday? :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts

Since you're so sweet to take a donut off my hands, will you be extra sweet and take my place at our office Christmas dinner on Friday? :)

Egads not worth it😂

• glassyo
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts

Egads not worth it😂

B..b...b...but we are the same. :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Did you tell him he should pop a certs every once in a while?

Do they still make those? I haven't seen them in eons.

Not irked, just sad. Sad that dogs have to get old. My girl's back leg was being spazzy tonight and the episode lasted a lot longer than it has in the past and I just feel like the end is getting closer. :'(
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts

Egads not worth it😂

B..b...b...but we are the same. :(
    I wonder if they would notice the switch