honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,494 Member
    Options
    @Peachesnstuff
    🤨💓
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    So I went on a crappy date last night like it was ok I guess but I wanted to go home a lot sooner but he kept taking us to different places. Then he kept trying to kiss me and it was the worst. Kept telling him his breath was bad and I couldn’t figure out what he was trying to do when he kissed me. It was like kissing a bird. Anyway, I was SO NICE in my text this morning letting him down easy and with compliments. But he texted back that I need to learn how to kiss…. I think he knew damn well it was him but he had to be rude since I’m rejecting him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good riddance I guess.

Ppl suck sometimes

Agreed
    So I went on a crappy date last night like it was ok I guess but I wanted to go home a lot sooner but he kept taking us to different places. Then he kept trying to kiss me and it was the worst. Kept telling him his breath was bad and I couldn’t figure out what he was trying to do when he kissed me. It was like kissing a bird. Anyway, I was SO NICE in my text this morning letting him down easy and with compliments. But he texted back that I need to learn how to kiss…. I think he knew damn well it was him but he had to be rude since I’m rejecting him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good riddance I guess.

y26h8i06qbam.gif

This is what I looked like every time he went in for the kill 🤦🏻‍♀️
    glassyo wrote: »

Did you tell him he should pop a certs every once in a while?

A guy did that once before kissing me. He was a smoker so I appreciated the gesture.

He eventually chewed a piece of gum but it just made the ew minty.
    The main website/program I use all day every day is unreachable and it’s not the Internet because I can get to other sites. I can’t even access my calendar. This is how it ends.

It's clearly the universe telling you to take the day off.

Today's irk is, of course, food related.

A client, who loves to bring us donuts and a mish mash of goodies from Trader Joes, came in Friday.

I was hoping the leftover donuts would be long gone by today. They were in the trash so that's something. :)

He also brought cookies and truffles and chocolate covered almonds. All were still here except the chocolate covered almonds. I was really looking forward to sucking the chocolate off some of them. (Almonds are really hard to bite into!)

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

The worst part about it is that I didn't even eat it last night bc I wasn't hungry. And you know how much better Italian food tastes the following day.

I'm taking her out of my will immediately 😤
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,494 Member
    Options
    My escalating headache.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    I swear to gawd if people don’t stop crop dusting in this break room 😤
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Everything irks me today. First I started my work day 45 minutes late, which means I’m going to have to take time off to go to my appointment this afternoon, or have to work late some other day this week to make up the missed hours. But I might end up cancelling that appointment (and having to pay a fee) because allergies are attacking my eyes and nasal passages and the only medication I have is 7 months past its expiration date. It’s supposed to be a balmy 43 degrees F today so I‘m concerned that going out might just make it worse.

I’ve only been awake for 2 hours and I already feel like crying and crawling back in bed.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options

The old man who took the treadmill next to me in spite of there being a whole bank of open treadmills got his just desserts today. Thanks for the idea
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options

The old man who took the treadmill next to me in spite of there being a whole bank of open treadmills got his just desserts today. Thanks for the idea

6uu24au81hte.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Did you tell him he should pop a certs every once in a while?

Do they still make those? I haven't seen them in eons.

I have no idea! But this was also eons ago :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

It's yours if you wanna go small office trash can diving. :p

Is it right on top or do I have to dig?

It's actually a small trash can and the box the donuts came in take up most of the space. You just have to lean over and grab the box. :)
    Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts

Since you're so sweet to take a donut off my hands, will you be extra sweet and take my place at our office Christmas dinner on Friday? :)

Egads not worth it😂

B..b...b...but we are the same. :(
    I wonder if they would notice the switch

My coworker is so lucky. His girl friend has covid so he may have it also which means he won't have to go Friday.

(I'm pretty anti-social and REALLY hate what these Christmas dinners have turned into. Basically 4 staff members and like 16 clients who ALL are big drinkers. None of us do.)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I need a jelly donut

It's yours if you wanna go small office trash can diving. :p

Is it right on top or do I have to dig?

It's actually a small trash can and the box the donuts came in take up most of the space. You just have to lean over and grab the box. :)
    Mmmmmm doooooonuuuuuts

Since you're so sweet to take a donut off my hands, will you be extra sweet and take my place at our office Christmas dinner on Friday? :)

Egads not worth it😂

B..b...b...but we are the same. :(
    I wonder if they would notice the switch

My coworker is so lucky. His girl friend has covid so he may have it also which means he won't have to go Friday.

(I'm pretty anti-social and REALLY hate what these Christmas dinners have turned into. Basically 4 staff members and like 16 clients who ALL are big drinkers. None of us do.)

This sounds TERRIBLE. I advise you to lick your coworker’s keyboard

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Worked a full 8-hour day despite feeling sick and didn’t get a single “thank you” from any of my coworkers or managers, despite pulling off two extremely last minute assignments. I’m not even that surprised, but it’s hard feeling so invisible.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options

💀
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,707 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    It is SO cold in this ballroom and they set my table directly under one of the three enormous vents 😑
    vlhljhfg1l9c.jpg
    Standard size ceiling tiles and recessed can light for reference
  • glassyo
    Options
    Damn, that really sucks.

(Turns out my coworker is fine but he's staying away and still won't be at our office Christmas dinner on Friday. The *kitten* :))

Also, I kinda worked myself up into a frenzy last night. It sure got me walking faster but aaaanyway...

Did I mention I got home after work on Friday and someone was in my spot? I took a pic of the license plate and texted it to my building manager. I had to go out to get gas later that night and the car was gone.

But I was going through the pics on my phone, looking for some info, and saw I had taken a pic of that same car in my spot back in July(?).

I think I'm going to write up a note, playing dumb, and say the building has assigned spots and this was not theirs and to confirm where they should park with the building manager and leave it on the windshield.

Which is MUCH better than all the threats I thought up whilst working myself up into that frenzy :)

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My family was supposed to leave Friday afternoon for Pagosa, CO for a weekend of skiing at Wolf Creek. I've been looking forward to it since I booked the hotel in late October. I also booked snowboarding lessons for my two boys as it is their first time and a private lesson for myself as I haven't skied in about 8 years or so. I also booked a 7:40 AM equipment rental and fit for us in order to avoid the cattle call for equipment rental. All of this is non-refundable.

On Monday we took my youngest to the Dr. as he was very sick and running a temperature of 103.2 even with taking Motrin and he tested positive for the flu. As of this morning my wife and my other son have also come down with it. I get my flu shot every year pretty much like clockwork in October and I'm unscathed...but my wife nor my two kids have gotten the flu shot this year and now it's looking likely that we will have to cancel this trip and I'm going to be out a bunch of money.

I can recoup some of it as the hotel will only charge me for 1 night plus taxes and fees instead of 3 and I can move my other ski reservations and lessons at the cost of $25 per incident which comes out to $100 fee to change equipment rental fit and $75 to move my and my kids' lessons to another date (which we need to know when and we have to do it by tomorrow morning)...so even then I'm out around $330 for a weekend that didn't happen plus the cost that will be incurred to go whatever other weekend.

I'm kicking myself for not getting my kids the flu shot when I got mine as we were running errands and just decided to stop off at a CVS and get it. They moaned and complained about it and I caved. My wife kept saying she was going to go in and get hers and she would take the kids and had actually planned to do so this past Monday finally (too late obviously).

I guess it could be worse...I just read an article from the local paper here that stated UNM Hospital currently has 22 kids in the ICU for the flu...at least mine are recovering at home. But
    damn I was looking forward to this trip and it was
    part of a larger Christmas gift to my family.
    I hope they recover quickly

• OpheliaCooter
    Options
    My family was supposed to leave Friday afternoon for Pagosa, CO for a weekend of skiing at Wolf Creek. I've been looking forward to it since I booked the hotel in late October. I also booked snowboarding lessons for my two boys as it is their first time and a private lesson for myself as I haven't skied in about 8 years or so. I also booked a 7:40 AM equipment rental and fit for us in order to avoid the cattle call for equipment rental. All of this is non-refundable.

On Monday we took my youngest to the Dr. as he was very sick and running a temperature of 103.2 even with taking Motrin and he tested positive for the flu. As of this morning my wife and my other son have also come down with it. I get my flu shot every year pretty much like clockwork in October and I'm unscathed...but my wife nor my two kids have gotten the flu shot this year and now it's looking likely that we will have to cancel this trip and I'm going to be out a bunch of money.

I can recoup some of it as the hotel will only charge me for 1 night plus taxes and fees instead of 3 and I can move my other ski reservations and lessons at the cost of $25 per incident which comes out to $100 fee to change equipment rental fit and $75 to move my and my kids' lessons to another date (which we need to know when and we have to do it by tomorrow morning)...so even then I'm out around $330 for a weekend that didn't happen plus the cost that will be incurred to go whatever other weekend.

I'm kicking myself for not getting my kids the flu shot when I got mine as we were running errands and just decided to stop off at a CVS and get it. They moaned and complained about it and I caved. My wife kept saying she was going to go in and get hers and she would take the kids and had actually planned to do so this past Monday finally (too late obviously).

I guess it could be worse...I just read an article from the local paper here that stated UNM Hospital currently has 22 kids in the ICU for the flu...at least mine are recovering at home. But damn I was looking forward to this trip and it was part of a larger Christmas gift to my family.

Hope they get well soon and at least yall care about not spreading it everywhere. I see people getting on and off these planes looking like they are on death’s door, hacking up lungs and such.
    I’m still upset about a concert I missed over the summer due to having covid and my $150 just blowing in the wind. 👋🏻 💸

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

I guess it could be worse...I just read an article from the local paper here that stated UNM Hospital currently has 22 kids in the ICU for the flu...at least mine are recovering at home. But damn I was looking forward to this trip and it was part of a larger Christmas gift to my family.

Sorry about this. The flu is bad this year in Italy. My husband and I both got our flu shots 3 weeks ago--just in time because the grandkids came home with it. My oldest--their father, then got it and was really sick for a week. Then his wife got it and it settled in her ear. It won't go away and she went to the doctor today. She was told it will take 2 weeks to clear up and she's on antibiotics. The doctor said the ear problem is common with this flu. My DIL said they are getting ANY vaccine that comes out in the future for ANYTHING, even malaria. She was just kidding but she was so sick at the time.

Hope your family gets better fast, and you're able to go on vacation.