What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,586 Member
    Options
    I laid in bed last night thinking of what I wanted to go get for lunch today only to wake up to snow and bitter cold.
    Now I don’t know if I should bother getting out.
    I was looking forward to Mexican food.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I laid in bed last night thinking of what I wanted to go get for lunch today only to wake up to snow and bitter cold.
    Now I don’t know if I should bother getting out.
    I was looking forward to Mexican food.

fg6pidg6zijh.jpg

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    People who are both confident and wrong
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So my job has amped up the *kitten* show this week. Holidays??? They keep running out of carts which is a problem bc perhaps these flights would like to go out on time.
    Manager walks up to me making my carts for four flights and asks me why I have so many and that we can’t make carts in advance. *kitten*. You HAVE to make them early. Is literally not my fault y’all can’t figure out how to make this a smooth operation and everyone is mad! And wouldn’t you know they rushed us with a 3 flight push. Good thing I made my 4 flights! 😑
    Ridiculous
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When people are riddled with anxiety about potential negative outcomes but will take not even the smallest measure to mitigate
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    When people are riddled with anxiety about potential negative outcomes but will take not even the smallest measure to mitigate

I feel so called out.

Not irked yet, today, but the day is young and I SWEAR, HE BETTER LET US GO AT A REASONABLE TIME!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    My sister at home alone cleaning out the pantry and sending me pics of her throwing out expired items

Which part irks you - pics you don’t want - or she didn’t use intime or donate - or she’s throwing away but you think exp dates are arbitrary and she could still eat ??
    cmsienk wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    My sister at home alone cleaning out the pantry and sending me pics of her throwing out expired items

Which part irks you - pics you don’t want - or she didn’t use intime or donate - or she’s throwing away but you think exp dates are arbitrary and she could still eat ??
    I had similar questions. Are you irked she's alone and didn't invite you to help... or that the food is being wasted... or that she's blowing up your phone with pictures?

She plays a little fast and loose with the dates. She threw out a perfectly good can of SpaghettiOs that only “expired” in 2018.

😂 my fiance throws away perfectly good food. It's expired if he's had it longer than 5 days. I hold on to items for a week AFTER expiration, if it doesn't smell or look funny it's still good😬

I can't remember how stuff is labelled in the US but here in Canada it says "best before". I choose to interpret this wording literally, as in "not at its best but still okay" after the magic date. I've been known to eat yogurt a month after the BB date and suffered no ill effects.

The SO just left for work (14 days) and gave me a bunch of yogurt with a BB date of Jan 16. Not sure why since he'll be back home before then but I didn't point that out, I just took the yogurt.

I have a very sensitive system and if i eat a yogurt or have any dairy a day past it's best before date I'll get a stomach ache. It weird cause I don't know cause I don't read the label but my stomach knows. My gastrointestinal system is really annoying sometimes

So this being said I strictly adhere to the dates. I'm weird

Having my own gastrointestinal weirdnesses, I empathize. Good on you for identifying one source of trouble!
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Also people with no gumption who need to be told what to do all the time. I’m guilty of this sometimes. Also people who will not contribute to the greater good of the community they belong to meaning my annoying kids who I have to nag
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    I'm comfy in my shorts and I'm gonna have to put on pants cause we were invited to the neighbours for game day
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Having to work during the dead days
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    That if you want something to change, you usually have to change something
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I am surrounded by unreliable narrators
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    when there’s no money left in THAT budget & my boss doesn’t get that it’s out of my control
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Loud birds outside my window at 5.30am 😐
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I am surrounded by unreliable narrators

This absolutely needs to be a t-shirt.
  • the_real_me_lissa
    the_real_me_lissa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    People who try to make me feel guilty for finally putting “me” first. My newfound strength & confidence scares you; seems that’s a “you” problem… not a “me” problem!!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,586 Member
    Options
    My apparent inability to motivate myself to do anything.
    It is getting worse and worse.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Happy New YEARS!

Nonono - Happy New YEAR. One year at a time buddy, life be going way too fast as it is. Slow tf down
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Happy New YEARS!

Nonono - Happy New YEAR. One year at a time buddy, life be going way too fast as it is. Slow tf down

However, I will accept happy new year’s as a shortened form of happy new year’s eve.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    Options
    People who are overly concerned with conforming to the tastes of another person. People, especially Internet strangers, should not be dictating your self-esteem or what you want for your life