Women 200lb+, Let's Be Unafraid This August!!!

Options

Replies

• Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    as you go down in weight does your daily goal go down automatically?
  • pandemonium1997
    pandemonium1997 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have a problem with going full force then getting sick after? I did 50 sit ups in 3 minutes and got really dizzy and nauseous after. Had to walk around as I had chest pain, which walking made it stop. Before that I did some other exercises like a minute plank and 30 crunches in 2 minutes so it wasn't the first thing I did. Any ideas on how I can control myself? Maybe I should make an exercise plan and stick with it; doing 30 sit ups instead of 50 until I can handle it? Or trying to recognize when my body is at it's limit? If so, how do I tell if I'm at my limit in the middle of exercising? I am new to exercising so I don't know what my limit is. Last time I exercised really well was in seventh grade before I was home schooled.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day!

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW: 216.4 (7/31/2021)
    8/6: 216.4 or 215.8
    8/14: 215.2
    8/21: 214
    8/28: 213.8
    GW for August: 210
    GW for 2021: 196
    UGW: 144 by end of 2022

Once again, my goals are just a bit too lofty, but I'll take the ~3lbs lost this month and keep on truckin'. I'm less than half a pound from the -40 mark, which is awesome. This week was orientation for the college I work at, and there's about 5 big candy bowls between my office and the restroom - I succumbed to their siren call and ended up grabbing something almost every time I walked by all week. Not my finest hour, for sure. Work is providing lunch today, which is great in that I didn't have anything prepped to bring, but not great in that I don't know what it is and won't until it gets here. I think we're having our own dining services cater it rather than ordering from outside, which means it could be anything. I've got about 500 cal to play with for that when the time comes.

I do need to figure out what my workouts are going to look like for September. I don't know if I want to do another four weeks of Strong Curves, although I believe there is more in that line of programming I could do. I have decided that I want to be able to crush a watermelon between my mighty and powerful thighs (to have a goal to focus on besides the scale, and also just to be able to do that thing because God, can you IMAGINE having that kind of power? i want that for me). I have found a program designed to develop exactly that ability, but I don't know if I'm ready to start it right now. Maybe I'll start with just the stretches, I don't know.
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

goal06082021 thanks so much!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    We got a new scale, a "smart" scale. It was a .8 lb over the old scale (of course!). I will weigh in on Tuesday. My weight has just sort of stopped for the past couple weeks, but since I made goal I don't really care lols. Since I am in Onederland - I figure my body is probably going something like "what is going on? where are we? what am I supposed to do here?" I look at the odd losing weight shapes of the body parts and I just need to be patient. I hear the configurations can get weird at about this stage, so I will wait and hold the line. In a "I will not pass" 200 lbs ever ever ever ever again. So if I don't lose immediately, and I keep to the plan 1200 a day 1445 Sundays, I am doing great regardless of what the scale is randomly doing. I bet you can tell, I have to tell myself that a bit. I think I might be building muscle, as I am more active than usual and the PT is about building muscle for weird places that I haven't exercised since I was doing "buns of steel" in the early 90's. Might be muscle, might be adjustment, might be that losing weight is not robotic (it isn't). Probably a little bit of all of the above.

@goal06082021 I was glad I wasn't drinking something when you wrote about the watermelons very hilarious! And messy!

@drj63 You are doing great! Happy dance!

@57pattycake Doing awesome, that is a good loss.

Keep going strong ladies!! Ya'll are killing it!

@pandemonium1997 Maybe I should make an exercise plan and stick with it; doing 30 sit ups instead of 50 until I can handle it? Or trying to recognize when my body is at it's limit? If so, how do I tell if I'm at my limit in the middle of exercising?[/quote]

First things first start at the beginning, your muscles have atrophied for a bit. Do not start at when you were you healthiest and try to work up. If you haven't attempted sit-ups since the 7th grade, you don't need to start with 30. I try to google beginner exercises for obese, I find that lots of people for x reasons have been in the same situation. They have good advice, don't freak if they look awesome, they have been at this longer. I was interested in calisthenics, I googled beginner stuff and got some good things. For example I want to do push ups. But I have to start with wall push ups. I want to do squats, so I started with 10 squats rest 30 squats in all once a week. While that worked out well, I had the doms three days later, which has to be the longest time between doms I have EVER experienced. But by the 2nd week I was down with doing the squats circuit 3 times a week with no doms and now am up to 6 times a week cicuit, rest on sundays. I like my legs to work, and my knees creek but they are okay so far. I also started with having the counter at hands reach to stabilize.

I was not going full tilt, and when I did the squats - while I was doing them I was totally fine and thought I could do them all day. Then on the third morning, I was glad I hadn't done more. Building muscles is slow, and while younger you is in your muscle memory... just ask her to be patient and someday you will be back to 7th grade abdominal muscles. Just not now.

@lmgoff232 Your weight loss is amazing! Way to go! I am very sorry to hear about your father. There is nothing easy about end of life issues. I have heard all my older friends say things like, "You do your best, pray, and love." These are good to keep in mind, however at night it doesn't really keep my heart warm - nor stop my questions. We are trying to navigate the hubby's parents. His Dad has severe dementia, and by Thanksgiving we realized Ma is having such severe memory problems (she was caring for Pa). We have had to do a number of crisis interventions: financial, house, cleaning, food you name it. I am currently resizing all their clothes, because I sew. But this doesn't really address that now that Ma can't cook because she can't plan and execute a recipe nor shop at a grocery store properly - they are losing weight so fast. And, they seem to be "forgetting" to eat. This just won't end well, at first it was okay because they were a little overweight, but it hasn't stopped and they are continuing to lose weight. Siblings are involved, everyone is in different stages of denial. Because grief is kinda brutal. I am with you, it is sorrowing.

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hi ladies. Hoping to be more active here. I fell off the wagon for a few weeks but I've had enough of restarting again and again. Day 1 again today!

I am right there with you. Day 1 today.

I logged in last night and got my mind in gear. This morning my DH asked me if I wanted to join him on an early morning walk— yes I do! I tried to get him to walk with me for quite a long time, and he was always too tired. Hoping this is the start of a good habit!
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @drj63
    I know what you mean about extremes. That's me too. I have started here so many times with high enthusiasm only to burn out. I came back here recently because I have been doing something different almost accidentally and I wanted to read about others journeys. My weight loss is very small and slow, but better than the constant gain. I think I am on a heartburn diet. Lol. I was 223 in April and am 211 now. I would like to be 200 by the end of November. In the spring I stopped eating chocolate because it gave me heartburn. My skinny husband always has chocolate around and now I don't even want it. We used to have ice cream every evening. I realized that was also giving me heartburn. Mostly I think from eating too much too late. I started having a small ice cream earlier in the day sometimes. I cut back dinner portions...heartburn. Now none of this was to lose weight. It was to avoid pain. Recently I tried the 12:12 intermittent fasting mostly to stop heatburn. I don't know how this will go, but I also started strolling after dinner. Or decluttering. I am not dieting. Just slowly changing habits. This August I just want to enjoy my life. The heartburn is improved.
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73
    You look great. You inspired me to take measurements which I've never done. I am surprised your arm measurements didn't change because they look different to me. I also noticed the difference in your shoulders next to your neck because that has been an irritating area for me. And btw, you look good in that pink!
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @drj63 Have you tried drinking Apple Cider Vinegar? I used to have horrible indigestion that would even wake me up at night no matter what I ate. A few years ago I started drinking 2 TBSP of Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with about a 30 oz of water. I drink it down all at once in the morning 2-3 times a week. I haven't had a problem since.
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    sorry meant to rely to @clairedrose above
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    SW 9/14/20-255 lbs (Heaviest wt second time).

UGW-122 lbs ( lowest wt 2009, kept off about 5 years.)
    My short term goals is to be under 200 lbs by September 1/21. 190 lbs by November 1/21. Figure my average weight loss will slow down sooner than later.

5/3/21-240.5 (Emergency Gallbladder Surgery, first and last attack!)
    MFP SW 5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    10/31/21 GW-190 lbs

8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    8/8/21-209.2 lbs
    8/15/21-207.8 lbs
    8/22/21-204.4 lbs
    8/29/21-203.0 lbs. Doing well. Staying on track. Started using my Elliptical last Sunday, instead of walking, it was raining all day. It burns more calories and gets my heart rate up better. Hadn't been on it since at least pre 10/15. Not sure if I'll hit my monthly goal of 199.9 lbs by 9/1 AM weigh in, but maybe. Can't complain about 9 lb loss so far! Doing a procedure prep today for Monday. Clear liquids +, so it may help me get there! The upside of the test and a clean bill of health I pray. Its routine, for a bad family history for 3 generations.
    9/1/21-
    ML-
    MLGW-199.9 lbs

9/5/21-
    9/12/21-
    9/19/21-
    9/26/21-
    10/1/21-
    ML-
    MLGW-195 lbs

10/3/21-
    10/10/21-