So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm here for the early bird special, and then I'm off to bed. I'm pooped. I'm going to get the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and an iced mocha. Had my fist creamy this summer at the Shelburne Museum. It was pretty good.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I see you’ve had a really busy day! Sweet dreams.

Viktor, I made steak fajitas for dinner tonight so I’m going to go ahead and order dessert. Sweetie wants chocolate cream pie, but I think a maple creamee would be dreamy. I’ll take that out on the terrace with a view of the orchards and farm and the mountains in the distance.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes I was pooped yestarday. I didn't even eat dinner in the real world. Just had a bowl of cereal. For dinner tonight here I'm going to have the spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha out on the terrace again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I took a nap before bedtime last night. Of course, then I was awake in the middle of the night. I think I’ll go to bed early tonight, just not too early. I made some chicken and pasta Florentine for dinner tonight. I figured I’d order dessert here. Brownies sound good, especially if they have vanilla frosting generously sprinkled with mini M&M’s. Some caramel swirl ice cream on the side would make it extra special. And coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have the basket of chicken fingers with onion rings, and coleslaw with a root beer. For dessert I'll have some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, and sprinkles and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Need chocolate? Hmm, I’m thinking it’s time for 7 layer chocolate cake with alternating filling of hazelnut creme and raspberry creme, topped with chocolate ganache and chocolate curls, with the sides iced with chocolate buttercream. Sigh, not an M&M in sight. Iced coffee would be good with that—an iced mocha might be too rich. It might take me a week to eat a slice of that. I might need a nap afterwords.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow I guess you would need a nap especially after the sugar high. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled swordfish with lots of butter, a baked potato topped with lots of broccoli and cheese. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a vanilla, maple syrup swirl cone with sprinkles on it, and an iced mocha. I think I'll eat in the dining room with all the acquariums. I haven't been in there in awhile. I see Igor has it decorated for Memorial day.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Look, there’s cute little bunting around the inside of the aquariums. Jorge’s has been busy setting out planters full of flowers around the pool and terrace. I love the flowers he planted around the gazebo on the terrace. He’s planted herbs in with the flowers, too.

My baked ravioli was delicious (still macaroni and cheese 😋). I’m ready for dessert. Francois made Mom’s pecan cake with brown sugar icing and I ordered some butter pecan ice cream to go with it. Here’s Viktor with our desserts, your iced mocha, and a pot of coffee for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes the pool deck does look pretty patriotic and summery. I'm here for the early bird special. I think I'll have the grilled prime rib, baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm watching a couple of sail boats tac between the breakwater and shore. They're pretty small boats.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m having the grilled chicken with potato salad and sliced tomato. Viktor even brought me a pitcher of iced tea. I think I’ll have a couple of butterscotch brownies. (Do you call them blondies?)

I bet the water in Lake Champlain is still really cold and if it’s windy it would be chilly out there on the lake.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yes, the water temp is still only 40 degrees brrrr. The sun though probably makes it a lot warmer on the lake. I'm starving. I'm going to have the Sunday roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, dinner rolls and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sunday roast beef dinner sounds wonderful and I can’t wait for Francois’ apple pie and homemade ice cream. With caramel sauce it will be delicious. Viktor even iced some Earl Grey tea for me.

The terrace is lovely this evening. It was a hot afternoon at the cybercafe, but it cooled off nicely. Mm, these rolls are so good. Pass the butter, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Francois had some left over roast beef so he made grinders today. I'll have mine with the works, a bag of chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a monster Chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room since we had lots of sunshine in the real world. It's nice and cool here in the dining room with the AC on.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I love the grinder. Thanks for the heads up. Mm, these kettle chips are good. I definitely want dessert. The monster chocolate chip cookies are becoming a favorite of mine. They’re so nice and crunchy. Perfect with an iced mocha. 😋
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Francois is reading my mind again. He has the grill set up I'm going to have the grilled half chicken with potato salad, and green salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a chocolate vanilla creamy with sprinkles on it, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a cheesesteak burrito with rice, beans, guacamole, pico de gallo, and chips, please. Oh, and a pitcher of iced tea. Sweetie and I will be sharing. Wait! A small side of potato salad, too. Thanks. I see we’re on the terrace for dinner.

Zzyyggy! Oh, my goodness, it’s so nice out here on the terrace. Did you see the chocolate mousse pie Francois made? It’s got a brownie crust and whipped cream topping sprinkled with chocolate curls. I can’t wait for dessert later this evening.

We went to town today to pay our town utilities bill. It’s one bill for electric, gas, water, sewer, and garbage. It’s so convenient. On our way back we stopped at Hospice. We like to donate supplies for patients and their visiting family. This time we had little Kleenex boxes, soap, toothpaste, floss, and toothbrushes. I need to remember to add chapstick, lotion, and baby wipes. I want to see if I can find little baskets for our next time. I know they like personal hygiene stuff, but I need to ask if I can put some medicinal chocolate (no, I won’t call it that) in the baskets. Something like individually wrapped Dove chocolates or Ghirardelli Squares.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that's nice you do that. Chocolate bars are good, but it's good that you ask. I am starving tonight. I'm going to have the grilled steak tonight with baked potato peas, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Yes I did see that chocolate mousse. I had some after my creamy. I think I was on a chocolate high. Another night on the terrace. How about a bonfire with s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, Viktor you’re grilling tonight! Perfect. I’ll have grilled chicken and vegetables shish kabob, with golden rice, please. A side of hummus and fresh, warm pita bread, too. A pot of jasmine tea would be good. Thanks.

Zzyyggy, Francois made the chocolate mousse pie at Sweetie’s request. It does sound wonderful, doesn’t it? I’m thinking tonight I’ll have my s’mores over ice cream and make a s’mores sundae. (Viktor, we’re going to need hot fudge sauce for s’mores sundaes!) Maybe I can finish my book tonight. It’s been a bit slow. When I love a book I can’t stop reading, but then I don’t want the book to end. Apparently, this isn’t a book I’m in love with. It’s not bad, just predictable.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving again tonight. I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. It’s really nice out here on the terrace. I ordered a bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream for dessert. I’m fairly certain I have a little container of mini M&M’s somewhere in my M&M bucket here. I can sprinkle some over my ice cream. After that I’ll probably fall asleep in my recliner right here at the cybercafe.