So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm here for the early early bird special. I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, a bag of chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I'll eat it in the dining room with the AC on looking at all the fish tanks. It's hot out around here in the real world. Maybe we should conjur up a snow storm in the cafe?
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy! It’s time for a snow globe over the cybercafe? Yessssss! It’s not too hot in Charlotte. Yes, 81 degrees is warm for us, but not too hot. Sweetie made my favorite sun dried tomato chicken for dinner. He added onions and peppers and it’s delicious. I’m going to order one of those big crunchy chocolate chip cookies I saw in the bakery case. I’ll have to persuade Francois to make some with M&M’s. I know he’ll make them, it’s just that I forget to ask and the cookies are so yummy I’m not sure it matters whether they have chocolate chips or M&M’s in them. I know, I’m fanatical about my love for M&M’s, these cookies are that good. Iced mochas all around while we watch the snow fall?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    June 4th is National Cheese day! 🧀 🥳
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, National Cheese day so how about a big plate of macaroni and cheese with garlic cheesy bread, a salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have one of those giant chocolate chip cookies with m&ms and an iced mocha. This weekend we'll have a snow storm so Francois and the boys have time to stock up the place and get the animals ready.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I’m so excited! First, yes to the macaroni and cheese and garlic cheesy bread and salad with cheese on top. Although the dessert doesn’t have cheese, who can resist cookies with M&M’s? Three of my favorite foods—cheese, cookies, and M&M’s.

A weekend snowstorm would be fantastic. We can have a holiday dinner, perhaps a turkey dinner with all the fixings or a roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots or butternut squash? There’s soups (mm, french onion) and stews and holiday cookies. Let’s not forget pies like apples and pumpkin and pecan.

I wouldn’t mind being stranded in a snowstorm all summer long and it’s not even summer yet.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, and lets not forget the movies in the man cave. We can have what ever snacks, and drinks set up in there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti with garlic bread and a salad. A coca cola please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Now you’ve got me reconsidering the weekend menu, Zzyyggy. If we spend the weekend in the man cave we’d be eating pizza and chili with dips and chips and sodas. Of course, we’d have to spend some time watching the snowstorm, too.

Sweetie has decided to have breakfast for dinner. That’s fine because we had dinner for lunch. We had chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. It was delicious. I think I’ll just order dessert for dinner. The apple pie and vanilla ice cream will be perfect.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I often have breakfast for dinner. However tonight for dinner I'm going to have the rotisserie chicken with potato salad and coleslaw. A coca cola with that please. I'll eat it out on the terrace before it gets covered with snow. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, your order sounded so good I ordered the same thing. Here’s Viktor with my coffee and carrot cake. 😋 It’s nice out here on the terrace tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, oh look it's already started to snow out there. They boys have a nice roaring fire in the dining room fireplace, and hot cocoa set up. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp and an iced mocha. Now it's starting to really blow out there as well.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I was swimming in the indoor pool when it started snowing. The big windows in there give you a great view of the storm. I came in to the dining room because I figured I’d sit with you by the fire and have dessert. Your apple crisp sure looks good. I’m going to order that with some caramel swirl ice cream and a coffee,

Francois said he’ll roast a turkey and make turkey soup for this weekend. Then we can have turkey sandwiches with coleslaw and cranberry sauce. And there’ll be stuffing and mashed potatoes and maybe Francois will make potato dumplings for the soup. Oh, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream will definitely be on the menu. Yes!

I’m very tempted to make pumpkin custard in real life. I have a recipe for pumpkin pie that uses 1/4 to 1/3 cup of molasses instead of sugar. The rest of the recipe is the same. I really like it. It’s not as sweet as the regular recipe. It gets sweeter the next day, so I’ve learned to make it ahead of time. Anyway, that’s a recipe for another day.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Francois is reading my mind again. A good turkey dinner sounds great. Tonight though I'm going to have a bacon cheese burger with onion rings and a rootbeer. The snow is really piling up out there. Igor is having fun making snowmen and animals. Linda it's funny you said that about our indoor pool here. The pool at the Y where I go to has big bright windows and I have seen some snow flurries during the winter from them. It is pretty.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I had the turkey dinner at 2:00 this afternoon. I’m ready to have pumpkin pie and coffee while I sit and enjoy the watching the snow. I think Igor is making a snow village populated with all sorts of fantastical creatures.

Every indoor pool should have windows so you can have lots of natural light. Of course the cybercafe’s indoor pool has a cafe with floor to ceiling windows and a fireplace with tables and comfortable chairs scattered around.

I wonder if pumpkin pie tastes good with mini M&M’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Mmmm that turkey dinner is good. Nothing like turkey, stuffing, squash, mashed pots, and gravy lots of gravy over everything, and a coca cola. Not to mention the rolls. I'm going to have the apple pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. It's ever so much fun sitting inside and watching it snow with a roaring fire in the fire place, and plenty of munchies.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, what a great Saturday it was. I had the turkey soup for lunch and another turkey dinner. I’m having the apple pie and ice cream for dessert, too. The snow has been wonderful and the fairy lights on the snow out on the terrace make it look magical.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think the storm is finally dwindling down, and we can go cross country skiiing in a bit. Igor has to groom the trails for us. He's also been taking care of the animals and said that they are doing well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some turkey soup with bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have another slice of apple pie with Vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Linda do you have the newsfeed. I'm missing it now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I know MFP said they were retiring the newsfeed because it was seldom used. I checked out their help section—it took a bit to find. They did send a email last month, which I totally forgot. Raspberries to them. (I’m not good with change.)

The soup was a great idea for dinner. It kept me warm while we were out cross country skiing. I’m definitely ready for hot chocolate and some hot apple crisp. I’m headed to the Club Room where I can sit in my favorite chair by the fire and read. Sweetie will be there to interrupt me. Everyone is welcome to join us. Occasionally Igor drops in to poke at the fire and Viktor stops in with more drinks and discussions with Sweetie about all sorts of things. And the cats and dogs will gladly keep your lap or feet warm.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I do remember seeing something from myfitnesspal and deleting it probably. I'll join you in the club room but first dinner. I'm going to have a t-bone steak with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of that apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. We finally got sunshine here in the real world this afternoon. I screwed up my ride to the Shelburne museum by booking it for 9:00 and then going out to wait for it at 9:30. They did call me, but I was swimming at the time, and didn't have my phone with me. So I canceled the return trip from the Shelburne museum and walked down to the Waterfront instead. Walking down isn't too bad. It's walking back up that gets me. It's all up hill from there. Temp is 75 degrees.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee, Zzyyggy, sorry you didn’t get to the museum. I’d love the waterfront, but not the hills, too. We had a beautiful day today. Looking at the forecast though, it looks like the hot weather will be here next week. It’s going to be hot, hot, hot.

Here’s Viktor with my bucket of M&M’s and coffee. He always knows just what I want.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I saw the specials board had quesadillas. Francois made the steak with peppers and onions with just enough heat to be spicy without being too hot. I’d like that with iced tea, please, yum!😋 Oh, and the key lime pie I saw in the bakery case for dessert. Is the warm weather back? If so, I’ll be out on the patio by the pool.