So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options
1127128129130131133»

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, another gorgeous day out there today. I could really get use to this. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bucket of fried chicken from KFC the original recipe with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, and biscuits with butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm going to have dinner down by the pool tonight. Igor has it all decked out for the fourth, and I'm thinking a bonfire later tonight.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie made potato leek soup for dinner. Yum 😋 Delicious. The temperature dropped into the mid 80’s so it wasn’t too hot for soup. No, Sweetie just wanted to make soup. I ordered a berry ice cream trifle for dessert—layered with vanilla ice cream, mixed fresh berries, and fudge sauce. Oh, yes. I can sprinkle some M&M’s on top. Might need more M&M’s here.

Huh, check it out, even the M&M’s are red, white, and blue. Now my trifle matches the decorations around the cyberpool. You know, it’s taken all this time to realize that the liner on the pool is computerized and they can put any digital image on it. Nice flag.

I think I might need a nice hot cafe mocha. I’m feeling a little chilled.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, soup does sound good. I love a good homemade soup like that sometimes with bread and butter for dipping. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some lasagna with garlic bread, a salad and a coca cola. Igor is already for the fireworks tonight. We're also going to have a large bonfire by the pool and s'mores later. There will be some night time swimming, and maybe a little skinny dipping? The boys promised not to look.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Well, Zzyyggy, Sweetie is cooking again tonight. He’s making our version of refried beans—actually not refried, but cooked in the microwave until so tender that the beans can be mashed. And he’s making beef fajitas. He’ll have tortillas with his dinner, I won’t. I love when he cooks, although he’ll ask how to make something and then makes things entirely different sometimes. Most of the time it works out well—that happens to me, too.

I can see Igor setting up the fire pits for later this evening. I hope Viktor remembers to stock the freezers with ice cream for s’mores sundaes. I’m thinking coffee ice cream would taste great, although vanilla and chocolate are always good. Chocolate chip mint ice cream would taste great, too.

A midnight swim with skinny dipping? What happens at the cybercafe stays at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited July 4
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy 4th of July. Francois has the outdoor grill set up. I'm going to have the barbecued porter house steak with baked potato, salad, and coleslaw, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of that red, white and blue cake Francois made with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Igor has the tiki lamps set up and is preparing the fireworks for tonight. In the real world last night's fireworks were spataculair, and I didn't have to go anywhere for them. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy the grilled steaks were delicious. I had the grilled vegetables and potato salad with mine. Francois was shaking things up with grilled peaches and nectarines served with his homemade granola and homemade peach cobbler ice cream for dessert. I couldn’t pass that up. He promised to keep the barbecue going through Sunday evening. Thank goodness. A five day holiday sounds amazing with good food, lots of swimming, boating, and hiking and a five night stay at the Inn at the Cybercafe. WOW!

You are so lucky to be able to enjoy the fireworks without having to leave home with the added bonus of avoiding the loud noise., Zzyyggy. We can’t see fireworks from our house, although sometimes we can hear them off in the distance.