So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 954 Member
    Hi Linda, wow you were up early this morning. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. It's been raining up here all day. We really do need the rain though. I'm going for a dip in the cyber pool before dinner, and then dinner on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Zzyyggy, we had such a beautiful day here it was just as wonderful as the weather at the cybercafe. The humidity was 26% this afternoon. Two more days of this and then the hot weather will be back to stay for awhile. We need rain, too. We’re still listed as abnormally dry rather than in a drought on the US Drought Monitor map. Next week there are thunderstorms in the forecast. I have my fingers crossed. Perhaps I should petition the the Weather Goddess from rain.

The prime rib dinner was delicious this evening. Now it’s time to sit back in my recliner and read my book. Viktor just brought me a glass of iced tea and some grapes and cherries to nibble on.
  • LindaK125
    Another perfect day! We spent some time this morning and set up the table and chairs on the deck. It’s so nice we might even have dinner out there—unless it gets too buggy. Not quite like the cybercafe, but it’s home. The kids are in Maine. We already celebrated Father’s Day. We’ll have dessert at the cybercafe. Francois has been creating magic in the kitchen all day. He made banana pudding, you know, real pudding from scratch, layer vanilla wafers, bananas, and pudding, twice, cover with whipped egg whites and bake until golden. Sweetie wants his served cold with homemade vanilla ice cream. There’s peach cobbler, too. I can’t decide.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, why not have both it is the cyber cafe after all. Today was chilly for us but a nice sunny day. We had a cold north wind blowing all day long as well. The temp never really reached above 60 degrees. I did get out to the Farmer's Market though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled steak, baked potato and corn on the cob with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have the homemade banana pudding with chocolate ice cream, and an iced mocha. First though I'll go for a swim, and then join you on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Wow first one in the cafe. The boys look a little bored, although Igor was teaching his buddy Jorge how he decorates the pool. Now it's red, white and blue for the fourth of July. I'm going for a swim though and then it's dinner on the terrace. I'm going to have macaroni and cheese with garlic bread, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of that Turtle Bundt Cake Betty had on her emails, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having! 😋 Beautiful night out here on the terrace.
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Good morning, Ladies.

Yesterday was hot!!! 99 degrees with 80%+ humidity. Glad I stayed inside.

I've missed y'all. Life got in the way.

Viktor - the usual, please? I'll be on the terrace0
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy, ready for a swim in the cyberpool? It’s 90 degrees in the real world, still nice and cool inside. Sweetie and I had lunch out on our deck before the afternoon got too hot. Now I’m ready for a nice long swim and and then hors-d’ouevres with something cool and refreshing to drink. I like iced tea with scoops of lemon sorbet.

For dinner Francois made salad with poached pears and Gorgonzola cheese, stuffed salmon, and rice pilaf. For Sunset Dessert Sweetie has decided he wants chocolate ice cream topped with hot fudge sauce and Kahlua. I’d like the balsamic macerated plums and berries with lightly sweetened creme fraiche. A cup of cafe mocha and an almond chocolate biscotti or two on the side. Viktor already has our order and, as always, everything will be ready exactly when we want it.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, I already had a swim this morning sorry. It's cold around here with over casted skies. I want the sunshine back. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a grilled cheeseburger with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Welcome back Navycurls. The cyber cafe is always here, open and ready for business. Linda looks like she's having fun in the pool. Maybe another swim is in store.
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls how did I miss your post! Did we post at the same time? We’re having a hot day, but the humidity is still low. However, the ozone level is high so we’re staying inside.

I watched Martha Stewart make a coffee cream pie this morning. With a chocolate crust, coffee custard, sweetened coffee whipped cream and chocolate curls. Viktor! Coffee cream pie, please. Okay, maybe I’ll wait until Sunset Dessert. Baked ravioli and Italian sausage with garlic bread and an antipasto plate for dinner sounds good.

First, a swim in the cyber pool (actually, laundry). I might even get to read my book later.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, a gorgeous day here. We had clouds earlier and later in the afternoon, but the bulk of the day was sunshine and clear blue skies. Really windy though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic cheesy bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll join you in the cyber pool and then dinner on the terrace?
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I miss windy days. Fortunately, it was windy last night after dinner on the terrace here at the cybercafe. We’re having a cooler day in the real world. The high will be 89 degrees. I can’t believe I now find 89 degrees cool! We might have a thunderstorm this afternoon, although the forecast says it will probably be less than a quarter of an inch of rain. Good enough, except it will raise the humidity.

Ah, Viktor, just the person I wanted to see. You’re a welcome sight, especially when you bring coffee and a basket of pastries with you. Mm, cafe mochas and chocolate chip molasses muffins—Viktor, you know me so well. Yes, I would love a cheese and vegetable omelet. I’m going to sit here in the oceanfront lanai and enjoy the view. We’re fortunate that the road ends at the cybercafe and we have so many different vistas here.

Oh, shoot. I just realized we had a holiday on Monday and that means that garbage pickup will be a day later. The City can fine anyone whose garbage cans are curbside on the wrong day. I’ve only known them to fine homes in the city proper, however since the city has been appropriating all the unincorporated areas around it, I have to assume they will start paying more attention to us eventually. Monroe is a small city of about 35,000, but they’ve just gobbled up more land to the southeast of us. I wish someone would explain to the powers that be that every new residence they allow to be built is a tax burden. But, no, more homes will be built instead of zoning the land for industry. Thankfully, this is not something I have to be concerned with at the cybercafe, where everything is in perfect balance and I can spend the day reading or swimming in the cyberpool.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    I'd like to come join you. I'll be floating in the pool. Please have the pool boy bring me a wine slushy. Later I'll have pizza and more wine.
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    @LindaK125 It's ok - that's what I get for being MIA. @Zzyyggy - I'll give you my sun for your cold. :smiley:

The humidity out here is insane - for us. There was some thunder and lightning within the past 36 hours, which was cool for us. We hardly ever get them.

Viktor - scrambled eggs, sausage links, hash browns, wheat toast with butter, mixed fruit, and OJ, please. I'll be on the terrace after my morning swim with the girls.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, another windy, rainy day here in the real world. For dinner tonight I'm going to have barbecued chicken with potatoes, and corn on the cob. Lots of butter with that and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup and an iced mocha. Did I mention I was in need of some medicinal chocolate?
  • LindaK125
    Well, we’ve managed to get through breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, and lunch—is it time for tea yet? Lovely morning swim and welcome to the cybercafe @GoRun2. The cybercafe has the most wonderful pool loungers with cup holders and umbrellas. I think I might spend some time floating in the pool right now. Viktor is mixing drinks and Jorge is delivering tea or appetizers to tables and pool loungers.

@NavyCurls are you joining us in the pool? I’ll be out in a little bit because I ordered an appetizer spread with cheeses, meats, freggies, breads, and my favorite little cheese crackers. Oh, there’s Viktor now with my iced tea. He knows that I like my with mini scoops of lemon sorbet and he always gets it perfect.

Zzyyggy, what’s for Sunset Dessert tonight? By the way, when did Igor have time to put red, white, and blue bunting around the patio? I like the fairy lights and the red, white, and blue pool, not sure about the bunting, although perhaps it will go well with the red, white, and blue umbrellas he’s just putting out now. Oh, look, a new rug for the conversation pit on the patio in red, white, and blue. I’m sensing a theme here.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, Linda you know Igor he loves to decorate and always finds the time. Sunset dessert lets see, how about angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream sort of like a strawberry short cake. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Fried seafood platter with french fries and a coca cola. I'll have an iced mocha with dessert too. It's a beautiful day outside in the real world. Not a cloud in the sky.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I didn’t see your post from yesterday until this morning, but that works out fine. I’d love some angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. I’ll add some Dove chocolates. It will be a real treat because I’m allergic to strawberries in real life. I used to love strawberries.
  • LindaK125
    Early Saturday morning and I’m awake. I could do with about four more hours of sleep. Viktor, I’d like a cup of tea and some molasses ginger cookies, please. I’ll be in my recliner by the fireplace—no fire right now. I need my bunny slippers and my little blue fleece blanket. I’ll just close my eyes for a bit.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, there must have been something in the air last night I didn't sleep well either. Up and down and up and down all night long. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. Another nice day in the real world. We're suppose to get a string of them.