So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we have rain in our forecast almost every day for the next two weeks. Of course, they’re pop up thunderstorms and that’s somewhat hit or Miss. I’m hoping it brings us rain without flooding.

It’s time for the fireworks at the cybercafe! Then it’s s’mores over at the fire pits on the lower terrace. Plenty of snacks here to munch on and all our favorite drinks. Beautiful! 💥
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, last night's fire works can only be topped by tonight's fireworks. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the porter house steak with baked potato and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some blueberry pie, and an iced mocha. My pie lady isn't back at the Farmer's Market this year. Bummer. She made individual pies that were so good. I'll have to figure out how to make individual pies for myself. Betty must have recipes. Let's move the fire works over to the pool tonight, and we can float around in our recliners floaters.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Floating in the pool during the fireworks display sounds good, Zzyyggy. One of our neighbors has fireworks. We can hear them, but we can’t see them through the trees. The guys are not going to see the fireworks tomorrow. We’re supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow night and they might end up having to cancel them. I guess it’s not cool for 14 year olds to be seen with their dad and grand dad.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Huh, I forgot my order! I’ve got my iced tea in the pool, now. Once we’re out of the pool and dried off I’m going to have a hot chocolate and a slice of cherry pie.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, The barbecue sure smells good. I'm going to have the hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, corn on the cob, and rolls with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a huge slice of the red white and blue berry pie that Francois made, and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim first, then dinner and then fire works. Maybe a little skinny dipping after the fireworks. The guys promise not to look.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Everything looks delicious. I think I’ll put a little bite of everything on my plate. Well, maybe not everything. I’ve tried to like beets, really, I have.

Later . . .
    Loved the fireworks. It’s nice out here in the pool, but it’s getting a bit chilly. Time to go in, have a cup of hot tea and a lemon shortbread cookie or two.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, We're finally getting rain this afternoon. The 4th of July celebration was pretty good last night with the bonfire, fireworks, and S'mores. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have some blueberry pancakes with sausages, and lots of maple syrup and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a cinnamon bun, and an iced mocha. I know breakfast for dinner what can I say.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, breakfast for dinner would be great! I used to make pecan cinnamon buns for special occasions. I haven’t made them in over a dozen years. Last time I made them we sold them at a church fundraiser to make money for charity. We went shopping for the local food pantry and for our local hospice. Those cinnamon buns were a big hit.

Viktor! I’d like to order pecan cinnamon buns and two eggs over easy, please. Pete’s Cafe Domingo, too. I’m sure you can find some of those sweet little individually wrapped chocolates, like Dove, Ghirardelli, or Godiva for me. I’m partial to the caramel chocolates.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. Had the real thing from Starbucks today. It was so good, but they keep that place so cooold I'm shivering by the time I get out of there.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having, except I’d like Pollo a la Brasa with all the rest of her order. Oh, and vanilla icing on German chocolate cake with the chocolate ice cream and iced mocha, please.

We went to our hair salon today. Sweetie gets a haircut and Miss Nora does a fantastic job trimming his mustache and chops. I get a cut and color. I wish I had pretty gray hair, but my hair looks better with color. We found a color that almost matches the natural color on the back of my head, where people tend to turn gray last. Anyway, Miss Nora keeps the temperature set on arctic. It felt so good going out in the 94 degree heat, with the dew point at 80 degrees, making it feel like 105 degrees. At least I warmed up real fast.

We’re having a severe thunderstorm right now. It was supposed to hail, but, fortunately, it hasn’t. We’re having rolling thunder, too. I think the worst of the storm is starting to move away. It’s nice to get the rain, so I can’t complain.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I love thunderstorms. It's a gorgeous day out there today though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. A coca cola with that please, oh and yes I will have the dinner rolls. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace since I already went for a swim today.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Great dinner out on the terrace last night, Zzyyggy. Mm, meatloaf for breakfast with mini pastries and coffee this morning. Viktor even brought out fresh fruit salad for me. There’s a lovely breeze out here on the terrace this morning. I think I’ll sit out here and read my book for awhile.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another gorgeous day here in the real world. There are those big fluffy white clouds rolling by, but no rain today. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, and a coca cola. Peas with lots of butter with that, and of course the dinner rolls. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning. I get a half gallon from International Delight Coffees, and can have it at home, but I do like the coffee shop ones better. First a swim in the pool and then dinner. Linda come join me for an evening swim.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Great swim, Zzyyggy. We need to dry off and get over to the terrace, I haven’t ordered dinner yet. At home we’re having thunderstorms again this evening. So far, we’ve had over a half an inch of rain today (within the last 15 minutes). Seems like this is going to be our weather pattern for at least the next couple of weeks.

Ah, Viktor, thanks for saving us a table. I’d like to to have the seafood paella, please, key lime pie for dessert. May I please have a pitcher of iced tea, too?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm headed to the pool for another evening swim. I'll put my dinner order in first though. I'd love the porter house steak tonight with baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Francois made Sweetie and me a wonderful salad with steak, carrots, tomato, and blue cheese dressing for dinner and we sat out on the front porch overlooking the oceanfront. It was lovely. Sweetie went to the man cave to watch Dad TV and I’m relaxing in my recliner in the Club Room reading my book. Zzyyggy, brownies for dessert sounds yummy, I’ll order mine with chocolate chip mint ice cream and chocolate fudge sauce.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For tonight's dinner I'm going to have the roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas, stuffing, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Apple pie and an iced mocha. I think I'll relax outside on the terrace for a bit with my book. I'm pooped.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Roasted chicken? 😋 Viktor! I’ll have the roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and carrots and green beans, please. Would you send a pitcher of iced tea and a pitcher of cola out to the terrace. Zzyyggy, the apple pie looks good, but I saw the raspberry oatmeal bars and had to order that. Viktor suggested he serve our desserts with vanilla ice cream. I’m all for it! After dinner I might just take a pre-bedtime nap.

My goodness, I just looked at the outside temperature and it’s 69 degrees. That’s unheard of in the middle of July at 4:30 in the afternoon.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, did you see Betty’s cobbler made with cookie dough? She uses peaches and nectarines in hers, but you could make it with any fruit. I would love apples with a cookie dough cobbler. Oh, cherries and chocolate cookie dough would be yummy. Then I saw Southern Living’s chicken pot pie with bacon and cheese biscuits. Mercy.

Viktor!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda I saw both as well. I'm going to have the cobbler for dessert with a mix of blueberries and raspberries. For dinner tonight I'm going have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and butter, a salad with that, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have the blueberry/raspberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Had the real thing today at my coffee shop. I do think theirs is better then Starbuck's. I think I'll go for an evening swim before dinner and then dinner on the terrace.