So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Even though I went swimming earlier I think I'll go for a dip in the cyber pool and then dinner. It's hotter then you know where around here. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy! You’re having hot weather? We’re back down in the 80’s for a bit—probably our temperature is about the same, but the humidity at the moment is 78%. Time to jump in the cyberpool, then I’m going to find Viktor and order the nachos deluxe and a pitcher of iced tea.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Another hot one today here in the real world. I think I'll jump in the cyber pool as well. We had some nasty humidity as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. Just keep the mochas coming.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s National mac n’ cheese Day! Yes! I know what I’m ordering for dinner. I like mine with lots of veggies and sausage and garlic bread or garlic knots on the side. Maybe I’ll even order a salad.

Good thing it’s always Worldwide Chocolate Day at the cybercafe. Viktor, I’d like an iced mocha, please. I’m heading out to the patio by the cyberpool. Spending the day here is better than the afternoon I have planned: I get to visit my dental hygienist today! So exciting.

It’s time to bring back the seven layer dark chocolate cake with alternating layers of hazelnut cream and raspberry cream fillings. Zzyyggy, should the cake be topped with chocolate ganache or enrobed in chocolate? As the owner of the cybercafe don’t you get a say in these things or is it left up to the capricious whims of the chef? Ha, I know what Francois would say to that.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yes fortunately Francois rules the kitchen since I know next to nothing about baking. He said why not do one of each and have a slice of each. It's funny that it's national mac and cheese day I was craving the boxed kind with hotdogs. I'm going back to my kid days. So I'll have that for dinner with a coca cola and then a slice of each of the 7 layer cake with an iced mocha. I don't have a dentist appointment until September.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The sunset was lovely at the cybercafe tonight. It feels good to sit out here on the terrace and finish our dessert. We’re going to need more iced mochas. I got laundry done this morning and got to my dentist appointment (👍🏻) and now I’m going to enjoy another mocha and read my book or play solitaire.

Viktor, just another little slice of the chocolate cake, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another nice day in the real world. We're suppose to get a string of them in the next few days. Love it. For dinner tonight I'm going to continue with the kid's meal theme of chicken nuggets, and french fries with sliced carrots and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Just keep the iced mochas coming Viktor, while we enjoy the sunset dessert at the cafe. The real sunset last night was pretty spaticuliar as well.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I think I’ll have another brownie and some more iced mocha. We seldom have beautiful sunsets where we live now, Zzyyggy, and in the summer the leaves on the trees block the view. The leaves also give us wonderful privacy, so I don’t mind missing the sunsets as much. We do have evenings where the whole sky will turn golden or rose colored and those I treasure. Those trees that block my view also provide much appreciated shade from the late afternoon sun and much entertainment. Every morning I watch Father Cardinal work his way across our back yard, patrolling his territory and playing a game of “Where’s Waldo” with me. I like to imagine that he is the same cardinal that carefully watches over his fledglings who are learning to fly. Those fluffy gray fledglings land under my table on our back deck, exhausted from their first flights and Father Cardinal sits on top of the table watching over them while they rest. When the leaves are gone I can see the squirrels chasing each other or practicing their acrobatics in the higher branches. They occasionally fall, but always recover quickly and catch themselves.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, mother nature loves to put on a show for us doesn't she? I love watching the squirrels around here as well as our wild rabbits. For birds we mostly have crows, and seagulls out front. Out back we have all the rest of the birds. I also have a dog park across the way that I love to watch. My apartment is on the 5th floor so I have a pretty decent view of everything. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato and a coca cola. A salad and dinner rolls with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, prime rib dinner sounds perfect. Pass the bread basket, please. Ah, here’s Viktor with a pitcher of iced tea and more butter. Thanks! Francois made caramel apple pie for dessert. I’m having mine with vanilla caramel swirl ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream.

Zzyyggy, I enjoy the squirrels except we have a squirrel that has decided to eat the soffit and fascia board on the corner of our garage. He has also eaten the top inch of the rain sensor for our irrigation system. Irritating! That’s got to be unhealthy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Hmmm that squirrel must be needing some iron in his diet, but that can't be good for the digestive system, or the teeth. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, a bag of chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a couple of large chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim first in the cyber pool. It's hotter then you know where around here. It's 88 degrees. I think I'll hang out in the cyber pool for a bit to cool down.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the squirrel seems to like aluminum, vinyl and plastic on my house. Plus, he climbs right up the brick to roof to hang out. I’ve been hoping a hawk with catch him, but that hasn’t happened yet. We’ll be seeing how the squirrels and everyone else, too, likes the hot weather coming in the next week or so. The forecast looks hellaciously hot 🥵. We’ll be spending the days in the cyberpool. There’s a nice cup holder and tray table on our pool loungers and, as long as the ice cold teas and mochas keep coming, I’m good. We could also spend some time at the cybercafe’s indoor pool or the library or man cave or in the Club Room, too.

I just finished up my fruit and freggies plate and it’s time for a nap. Francois promised me a shrimp boil with cheese grits, fresh sliced tomatoes, and greens and beans on the side for dinner today. He’ll be making biscuits, too. I like the jalapeño cheddar biscuits. Fruit cobbler and homemade ice cream for Sunset Dessert sounds good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'll be joining you in the cyber pool. It's going to be hot and humid the next few days for us as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the macaroni and cheese with lots of garlic bread, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. We missed national ice cream day yestarday. Who decides these things.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hellooooo, mm, noone here yet, must be a slow day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from you know where with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob. Plenty of butter and those yummy biscuits with all that. I'll even share my bucket with who ever comes in. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced moch. First though I think I'll go for a dip in the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, fried chicken. Good choice, Zzyyggy. And biscuits! Pass those biscuits this way, please. There’s sliced tomatoes with Duke’s mayonnaise, too. It’s awful that we missed National Ice Cream Day, but we can have an ice cream desserts buffet on Friday night—it’s Megan’s (my niece) birthday. It’s nice to celebrate everyone’s birthday, whether you know them or not. My sister, who lives in California, and her best friend, whose birthday is the same day as mine, always get together to celebrate my birthday. Isn’t that nice? They have a party with a cake and everything. 😉🙃

Viktor, I’d like my brownie with vanilla buttercream icing and a scoop of chocolate chip mint ice cream on the side, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes birthday's are good to celebrate. I like that your sister and friend do that in California. I'm melting today and am going to hang out in the cyber pool for the rest of the evening. It reached 90 degrees around here. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the BLT grinder with no tomatoes, but lots of bacon, lettuce and mayo. A bag of potato chips and an iced cold coca cola. For dessert I'll have some double chocolate klondike bars and an iced mocha. Did I mention I was melting. Into the pool with me.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I was checking the Drought Monitor maps. We’ve had some rain and I was wondering if we’re still considering “abnormally dry” and we are. I saw that your part of Vermont is also “abnormally dry.” We are moving away from drought and we’re in this weather pattern of afternoon and evening rainstorms, plus hurricane season usually bring some rain, too. I hear thunder right now. Another line of severe thunderstorms are moving this way. I’m wondering how long this heat all across the country is going to last.

Sweetie has been cooking. He made spaghetti and salmon in a bechamel sauce that was delicious. Now for Sunset Dessert. A bowl of Truly Chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce would be nice and maybe some Dewey’s Bakery’s Triple Ginger Cookies. 😋
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I just got Betty’s email and she had all these wonderful appetizers and I decided that Francois should make all of them! An appetizer buffet for dinner tonight, set up on the patio by the cyberpool. Viktor, I’m sure you’ll have everyone’s favorite drinks ready to go. Iced tea for me, please. In the meantime I’ll be in pool cooling off because it’s hot out there.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, those appetizers did look good. That's a great idea for a Thursday night. Also we can have the from scratch cookie bar as well. Francois has been busy in the kitchen today. I think I'll give all of them a raise. I'll have my usual coca cola with dinner, and iced mocha for dessert. Linda I'll join you in the pool. It is hot around here as well although I did find a perfect place to hang out. Down at the Burlington Library they have outdoor tables set up under this huge shade tree. It was perfect this morning after my swim. A cool place to sit with my coffee.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Always good to stay 😎, Zzyyggy! I’m ready for a bedtime snack—a bit early for me, however, I can’t resist iced lemon shortbread served with a cup of tea. I can hear the tree frogs and the crickets. There’s no thunderstorms tonight so the stars will be out. We can sit by the cyberpool or in the pool, for that matter, and enjoy watching the stars.