So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Banana cream pie sounds good for dessert. I think I smelled some walking in. A lot cooler today. It never got about 70 degrees, and we got some patches of rain. There was a cold wind blowing as well. Had my sweatshirt on most of the day, but it'll be nice for sleeping tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some chicken nuggets and kraft macaroni and cheese with a coca cola. And that banana cream pie and an iced mocha for dessert. I'm pooped tonight from my swimming this morning, but I think I can stay up for sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I like your weather. A nice cold, or at least cool, rainy day would be lovely. I wouldn’t mind at all if the temperature dropped 20 to 30 degrees. I’m getting my hair done today. I must remember to take my sweatshirt and prepare to be cold because Miss Nora’s shop is always freezing. We spend hours there. She talks a lot and when she’s talking, she’s not working. I enjoy her company, so I don’t mind, however, Sweetie occasionally gets impatient.

Viktor, I’d like some Starbucks pumpkin spice coffee and a basket of mini pastries, please. Thank you for seating me in the dining room by the french doors. It’s a beautiful morning here at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, isn't that the case with most hairdressers. They do love to talk alot but they don't really get on your nerves about it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I'm in need of a chocolate fix. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool first though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I’m freezing. We went to Miss Nora’s and then stopped for dinner at the local Greek restaurant. I think the restaurant was as cold as Miss Nora’s. The humidity has dropped a bit and the air conditioning doesn’t have to work as hard, I guess. It’s been hours and I can’t get warm. Viktor has a cup of hot coffee for me and Igor made sure my fuzzy bunny slippers and my blue fleece blanket were on my recliner. (Wouldn’t that be wonderful.)

When we were leaving Miss Nora’s, I was so cold. I opened the car door and my glasses fogged up. It was just over 90 degrees outside and, boy, did that feel good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda wow that is cold. It's cooled down around here in the real world some. It's 70 degrees today so it warmed up from yestarday a little. I got chilled this morning after swimming and spending time inside the Y with their AC up high. Came home and took a nice hot bath to warm up. It's a good thing we can heat up the pool to warm us up a bit. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with lots of french fries and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have a big chocolate brownie and an iced mocha. Francois I'm starving right now so make it a heaping pile of fries. I may actually finish them.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your fries, Zzyyggy. Dinner at the cybercafe is always delicious. I fell asleep and forgot to post so I figured I’d come in and have a cup of tea and a shortbread cookie or two.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that's why I'm posting a little early today. I'm pooped from all my walking today and have decided to go to bed early. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm also starving tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! It’s annoying to start falling asleep only to realize I didn’t log in to MFP. At least I got to go to the cybercafe. I wish I could take a nap right now, but it’s almost 6:00 pm. I have start going to bed earlier. I’m in bed by 11:00, then Sweetie gets in bed at 2:00 or 3:00 am and wakes me up and I can’t go back to sleep. Then he sleeps until 9:00 or 10:00 am or he sleeps for four hours, gets up, has breakfast and then goes back to bed for another four or five hours. It’s difficult to get anything done. It’s driving me crazy!

Viktor, I’ll have macaroni and cheese with tomatoes, broccoli, and chicken, please. Iced tea to drink and a piece of icebox lemon pie, too. We’ll be out on the terrace this evening, but we’re all making it an early night tonight!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we’re having a gorgeous day, as nice as any at the cybercafe. The humidity is low, the dew point is 52 degrees—absolutely unheard of in the middle of August. I even went to bed earlier last night and got over seven hours of sleep.

Viktor and Jorge are grilling shish-kabob and there’s grilled vegetables, rice, and fresh pita with hummus, baba ganoush, and tzatziki sauce, Plus, there’s watermelon fresh out of the cybercafe’s garden. Francois is working on a fruit and cheese platter for us.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Dinner sounds really good. I'll have the chicken and steak kabobs with all the garden veggies except tomatoes. Don't like tomatoes even the cyber kind. I'll have the coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good morning! Viktor I’d like a breakfast sandwich on an english muffin with turkey sausage and cheese. I’m heading out for a walk around the cyber farm and orchards. Igor is out there supervising the fruit harvest. There’s peaches, pears, plums, and apples to pick. I’m hoping Francois makes some fruit tarts.

Sweetie isn’t much of a fresh tomato lover either, Zzyyggy. He likes tomato sauce, though.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I love spaghetti sauce, and ketchup as well, but not tomatoes. Me and one of my nieces are the only ones in the family who don't like tomatoes. For dinner tonight I'm going to have barbecued spareribs with baked potatoes, string beans and a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with an iced mocha. Picked up a whole lot of fresh veggies from the farmer's market so made a veggie stew tonight for the real world dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! Viktor, I’d like grilled chicken and balsamic roasted vegetables, please. For Sunset Dessert I’d love peach custard pie with vanilla ice cream.

I don’t get to the Farmers Market here very often, Zzyyggy. Most of the people selling vegetables buy them from a local distributor and sell them at a higher price than the grocery stores that get their produce from the same place. There are other vendors selling baked goods and crafts, but I don’t need any of that. I miss the farm stands we had in NJ. We had all these small farms around us that would sell fresh produce they picked that morning at a decent price.
  • mfp_sucks
    mfp_sucks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Venti Caffe Americano, with a slash of Soymilk.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to the cyber cafe WalksforCoffee. Have a cinnamon bun on the house with that coffee. No worries theres no calories in anything here. Linda, that's what I love about this Farmer's Market, All three farm stands are real farms. They also have all the other expensive stands as well, but I usually don't look at them. Nothing I really need. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some macaroni and cheese and garlic bread with a coca cola. I was going to make some mac and cheese from scratch in the real world but am too tired for that. I may not even eat dinner I'm all but nodding off to sleep right now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Francois made the cybercafe’s swiss burger for me tonight. It was delicious. Now it’s time for Sunset Dessert. Viktor, I’d like some balsamic macerated berries and fruits with creme fraiche and chocolate almond biscotti. An espresso with a twist of lemon and a sugar cube, too, please. Maybe two espresso, sleep is overrated. Actually Zzyyggy, I’ve been getting seven hours of sleep for the last couple of nights. I’m going to bed earlier and I think that’s help.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another perfect day here in the real world. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some devil's food cupcake with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, our high temperature for today was 71 degrees! That never happens in August. I had to turn the thermostat down so the air conditioner would come on. We need the air because the humidity is over 80% today. It’s been dark and dreary all day, but it’s nice to have a break from the heat. Here at the cybercafe it’s been a lovely day, although this evening it’s a bit windy.

I asked Francois to make me a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich for dinner (we actually had balsamic chicken and roasted vegetables for dinner). Viktor promised to bring more iced mochas for everyone and he’ll bring me some iced brownies for dessert. I want to enjoy the cool breeze out on the terrace tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, we had the same temp today. It was 71 with lots of humidity as well. Now it's raining. I'm going to have the barbecued chicken dinner tonight with potato salad and corn on the cob, and a coca cola. Those iced brownies look so good though I may have dessert first and then dinner. Saw the first signs of fall today with some turning leaves, and geese heading south. Boy do they have a long flight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Whew, almost didn’t make it in today. I’m supposed to already be in bed, but here I am instead. I was busy doing housework most of the day and, for some reason, it feels like I got nothing done. Anyway, after dinner I started reading and totally lost track of time.

Viktor, an iced brownie and an iced mocha, please.

Zzyyggy, we have some maples in our area that have already started turning, too. Tomorrow I’m making my chicken and stuffing casserole. Everyone loves it. I made it at Thanksgiving last year for myself, everyone else had ham. The grandson doesn’t like turkey. I can’t eat pork, but I don’t mind fixing something special for the people I love. Sweetie went to Costco today and he always asks the kids if they need anything. Our daughter-in-law put “pumpkin pie if they have it” on the list. I would enjoy some pumpkin pie. We still have a while before Thanksgiving, but I’m ready. And, no, they didn’t have pumpkin pie yet.