So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, It does look like we'll get some good weather this week. Good for back to school, and fair week. I am pooped tonight from swimming. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some barbecued spare ribs with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. And yes I think french toast is a food group, but here in the cyber world it's all healthy. :)
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hey Zzyyggy. We have this barbecue restaurant near us called the Smoke Pit. The food is really good. I love their sides. That’s what I’m going to order. I’m sure Francois can make them taste even better. There’s the hash brown casserole and macaroni and cheese, of course, broccoli salad, deviled egg potato salad, pinto beans, collard greens, fried okra, and pecan crusted sweet potato casserole. Oh, they have smoked green beans with chunks of brisket that’s really yummy. Then there are two different types of coleslaw, but I like the creamy coleslaw the best. Let’s not forget the fried pickles, hush puppies, cornbread, and Texas toast. I hope I haven’t forgotten anything. They also have desserts and what barbecue would be complete without banana pudding—yup, the one with the sliced banana and vanilla cookies smothered with extra whipped cream.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Francois knows all the recipes secret or otherwise including the secret coca cola formula, although he won't tell anyone about it. He saids all the companies need their secrets. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the buttermilk fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and dinner rolls. Corn on the cob and lots of butter with that please. Also a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. My iced mocha just went up to $9.00. I may have to rethink my weekly treat to once a month, or less and just get them here for free.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yikes! Nine dollars for a coffee is outrageous! I’m getting my wish to go to the Smoke Pit if I want. I’m not sure I can behave, plus I have to limit myself to one or two sides if I get the barbecue chicken or smoked turkey. I could choose to go to La Unica, but they have those wonderful tortilla chips with dips. At least at the cybercafe I don’t have to worry about sodium and calories. I’m going to have some of those chips right now and a Tijuana burrito. I wonder if the Smoke Pit still has their seven layer chocolate cake. Good thing the cybercafe always has chocolate cake. Luckily I don’t have to go to two different places for dinner and dessert tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Well we're finally getting the severe weather they've been forcasting all day. Hopefully it'll cool itself down to normal temps for this time of year. I'm glad I'm not out there right now the rain is really coming down. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Oh it's nice to be safe at the cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    We’re having a cold front moving through right now, Zzyyggy. The daytime temperatures will remain around 90 degrees, but the dew point will drop around 15 degrees and that will be a whole lot nicer. Maybe my hair will unfrizz a little. It could happen. Francois made my favorite chicken and lentils for dinner tonight. I’m here for a nice cup of tea and some windmill cookies and then I’m heading to bed.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, for dinner tonight I'm going to have the blue plate special of meatloaf, mashed potatoes with plenty of gravy and peas with lots of butter a coca cola with all that. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Did you see those slab pies Betty had on the email? I'm going to go for the real thing tonight at the cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’ll have smoked turkey with Alabama sauce and avocado and for dessert the apple pie and ice cream, please, Viktor. Thanks for the coffee. There’s a cool breeze out here on the terrace this evening so the carafe of hot coffee is perfect. Mm, cream and sugar, just the way I like it.

Zzyyggy, I’m having what you’re having for dessert. Betty’s slab pies did look yummy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porterhouse steak with a baked potato with lots of butter, and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. It was downright chilly today at 60 degrees, and a cold north wind blowing. Fall was in the air.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the guys have the fire pits out on the terrace going. That should keep us warm. Viktor found a drink holder that can keep your drink hot or cold and I love it. Now my gigantic cup of coffee will stay hot. I think I’ll have a piece of Betty’s s’mores slab pie. It won’t be as messy as real s’mores. I’m too tired tonight to fuss with sticky marshmallows.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda we're having seasonable temps here this time around, although at 48 degrees this morning it was really cold out there with a chilly north wind blowing. I'm going to have a good ole fashion New England Clam bake with the fire pits opened. That's clams, potaotes, and corn on the cob cooked in the fire pits. The corn has been soaking in the cold water all afternoon long. Lots of butter with everything, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning at Starbucks, it was pretty good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    A clam bake sounds good to me. I’ll join you. Brownies iced with vanilla buttercream frosting for me and hot Cafe Domingo for dessert. Looks like we’ll have a real nice holiday weekend.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Today was a perfect day outside. Mild temps outside with lots of sunshine. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porterhouse steak with baked potato and lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s a macaroni and cheese night for me, Zzyyggy. Viktor served me dinner and dessert already. I ordered coffee, of course, and there’s a nice selection of cookies. I couldn’t decide between windmill cookies or lemon shortbread or chocolate chocolate chip or cherry almond butter cookies. Hm, biscotti would have been good, too. I’m going to sit by the fire in the Club Room tonight. I might just take a nap in my recliner before bedtime.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, macaroni and cheese now that sounds good. I'll have what she's having Viktor with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. My City Market just went up a notch or two with me. They now have individual pies; apple, blueberry and other flavors. Now if I can only convince them to have iced mochas I'd be really happy.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have chicken salad on a croissant and a glass of iced tea, please. I’m going out on the terrace for lunch. It’s a beautiful day at the cybercafe. In the real world we’re getting some rain. It’s too late to save the corn in the fields, but it might help the the soybeans.

I’m tempted to find a nice quiet place in the cybercafe’s library and take a nap. I might even read something. For dinner tonight I asked Francois if he would make roast chicken with stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. I ordered coffee and the praline pecan sweet potato pie for dessert. Zzyyggy, we’ll have to have the guys set up the fire pits on the terrace tonight unless you want to sit in the dining room. Maybe Igor will start a fire in the fireplace for us.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I could really use the fire place tonight. I'm going to have what you had for dinner with a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have an slice of apple pie with ice cream, and an iced mocha. It's suppose to warm up tomorrow with the sun coming back. Now it's just pouring rain out there. We do need it though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the lasagna special tonight. I like that it comes with salad and garlic bread. For Sunset Dessert perhaps the Italian lemon cream cake would be good. I can order an espresso with a twist of lemon and sugar. Yum! I noticed sunset is getting earlier and mornings are much darker. The sun rises at 6:58 am around here.

Zzyyggy, we got almost an inch of rain yesterday, but that storm that rained on both of us caused a whole lot of flooding.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we got quite a bit of rain the last two days as well. I can't wait for the sun to come back. It's suppose to tomorrow. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef grinder with the works, a bag of chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Did you see the lunch ideas Betty had for back to school. They didn't look very appetizing to me, bt then again I'm not a kid though. I'll join you for sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, can you imagine eating carrots, peas, and corn (that was corn on the cob, wasn’t it? Nothing like cold corn on the cob. Ew.). Oh, and blueberries, candies, and a protein bar. As a child I would have been appalled. Now, with the exception of the protein bar and the corn, I would probably be pretty impressed—just add some cheese, please. I learned by first grade that my son could pack his own lunch, as long as it was healthy and he didn’t pack anything he was just going to throw in the garbage, I.e. don’t pack stuff just to impress Mom. I made sure his alarm would wake him up and bought only school clothes that matched and we never had any arguments in the morning.

I’m sitting in the Club Room tonight because I’m fairly certain that after dinner and dessert I’ll be sound asleep.