So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’m not sure where Hurricane Ian will hit, but Florida looks like it’s going to get a direct hit. By the time the storm gets to us on Thursday it will be a tropical storm. Hopefully, it will dump some rain without the high winds and move out quickly.

Your dinner sounded so good Zzyyggy, I had Viktor bring me the same thing. This apple pie is delicious, especially with the vanilla ice cream Francois made I got an email from Spark/People One Health, so I decided to check it out. Eabl is there now, so I friended her. She asks how you are doing. She’s good. I didn’t spend a lot of time there so I don’t know what the community is like.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, should I go start up a Cyber cafe thread there? I haven't checked out the community yet there either. I've stopped using the food diary here because it wasn't accurate on some of the sodium. I now do my own and use Google to track calories, and sodium. All you have to do is type in the food, how much and the nutrition information you need and it'll tell you. Once you do it for awhile it knows what you need. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy the sunshine out on the terrace. We've had some very dark dreary days recently around here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like iced tea and a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, please. I think I’ll have windmill cookies and more iced tea for dessert. Zzyyggy, I’ve decided tracking sodium is difficult no matter what kind of tracker you use. As far as Spark goes, I can’t figure out out if there are even blogs or individual message streams. There sees to be just one message board that I can bring up. I’ll have to spend more time there.

We’ve been having wonderful weather, but that’s definitely going to change with the hurricane. I can understand why your brother doesn’t want to go to a shelter, but now he has no choice. Evacuations are mandatory in much of the Tampa area. When you go to a shelter, they expect you to bring quite a few supplies. They give you a list. My Mom was sheltered in a school and luckily they put her in a classroom with other elderly people. They actually had a guard on their door so nothing was stolen and Mom felt safe. I’m glad my Mom’s not living in Florida now. At least in California she’s 15 minutes away from family.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. Worked up an appetite this morning swimming, and didn't have much of a lunch either. I was going to have my left overs from Saturday but took them out to reheat and they didn't look very appetizing. I had cinnamon toast and scrambled eggs instead. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, baked beans and a coca cola. Plenty of dinner rolls and butter with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some Chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a cup of hot chocolate and a plate of assorted Christmas cookies, please. Zzyyggy that meatloaf plater sounds so good I think that’s going on my menu this week. I really love meatloaf sandwiches and there’s always leftovers. I don’t know why I’m so tired tonight. I’ve been sleeping much better the last couple of nights. I wonder if it’s the weather. It’s been much less humid. Of course the hurricane will change the humidity! Ian will be a tropical depression when it reaches us. We’re supposed to have five days of rain and get between 4 to 6 inches. We’ll see. I’ve been watching the hurricane updates. Some areas in Florida could get up to 20 inches of rain. I can’t imagine what that would be like. I hope your brother is doing okay. I’m praying everyone makes it through the storm unscathed.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, me too praying that everyone makes it through the storm. I'm tired tonight as well. Not sure why though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some lasagna with french bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake, and some chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’m going to join you on the terrace for dessert. Cake and ice cream would be wonderful. I’d like one of those sunsets with oranges and pinks fading into blues and purples and grays. Don’t wake me if I fall asleep in my recliner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s National Coffee Day! I started the day off right with two cups of coffee and here at the cybercafe, Viktor just delivered a carafe of my favorite Cafe Domingo to my table here on the terrace. I need a cup of something nice and hot to hold because it’s cold in my house. It’s 67 degrees right now. I wish I could turn the heat to 74 degrees. While I love the colder weather in winter, I like a nice warm house. Actually, if it were up to me, I would keep the house at 76 degrees in the summer and a nice 72 to 74 degrees in the winter. Poor Sweetie would be terribly uncomfortable—he’s hot stuff. Furthermore, I’m far too cheap to spend that much on utility bills. I’ve compromised as I’ve gotten older though. I used to keep the house between 65 and 68 degrees in the winter. Now I find anything under 70 is too difficult for me. I just can’t get comfortable. I used to leave the thermostat at 78 for the summer. This summer I kept the thermostat downstairs on 75, upstairs at 74 because Sweetie and our grandson were too warm otherwise. I spent the summer wearing a sweater, never turning on ceiling fans because it was too chilly (I haven’t been feeling well, so that might have something to do with it, too.)

Huh, the heat just came on. It’s 59 degrees right now. With the jet stream pushing down into the south, we’re having much cooler weather. Our thermostats are on automatic so in the spring and fall we’ll have the heat come on in the morning and by afternoon the air conditioning will be running. Not this afternoon, though. With the hurricane turning toward us it’s already cloudy and it’s only supposed to warm up to 70 degrees today.

I’ve been watching the storm coverage. Lee County and specifically Fort Myers, where my Mom lived for 34 years, is in really bad shape. I’m very concerned for Sweetie’s cousins who live in the area, as well as my mom’s friends. The Sheriff came out with a statement this morning saying hundreds of people have died. I hope he’s wrong, if he’s right my heart will be broken.

Can you tell I really did have two cups of coffee? This is terribly long winded. Since it’s almost noon is it lunchtime or should I be ordering elevenses? I think comfort food is most needed today. Macaroni and cheese for now. Maybe for dinner tonight a roast chicken dinner with all the sides and apple pie or apple strudel for dessert would be good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I had my two cups of coffee this morning as well. I had Duncan Donuts coffee when I got home from swimming. Hot , because I was chilled. With my mugs being so large though they were actually 4 cups. I've decided to come home right after swimming instead of hanging out in the city market cafe. They still have their AC on, and so doesn't the Y. So doesn't my building in the front entrance. I wasn't sure which was colder waiting inside or outside. I tend to over talk or over write when I've had too much coffee as well. We haven't heard from my brother in Tampa yet, but since theres no phone service that's to be expected. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yes, Viktor, I’d love a cup of tea and some lemon shortbread cookies, please. Zzyyggy, yikes! AC when the temperatures are under 60 degrees. Maybe they just turned on the blower fans to move the air around. Still cheaper than turning on the heat. We were able to text one of Sweetie’s cousins and get a response, I’m not sure if his other cousin is on Florida or still in Michigan. Sweetie used to work for the phone company and in the past, when there was a hurricane or other catastrophic event that tied up all the phone lines they could turn off everything except for critical emergency services, otherwise the lines get so congested that emergency calls can’t get through. I’m not sure if it’s still quite the same, but I know if they shut down cell phone numbers, you can still send and receive text messages. Cool, right?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, interesting to know. One of my sisters did text my brother yestarday but hasn't heard back from him yet. That's not unusual these days like I said he's rather anti social. Did you get any of the rain from Ian? Depending on how strong he still is we may see some by Sunday night. We're a ways inland from the Ocean though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the surf and turf platter with french fries and lots of tarter sauce. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, thank you for making sure I was well supplied with M&M’s during the storm. The worst of the weather from Ian was well east of us. As the storm moved inland toward us, most of the heavy rain went west of us. We ended up with 3 inches of rain and 20 to 30 mph winds. The rain was supposed to last for a couple of days, but it’s done here. I guess Ian’s moving faster than they thought. I’m just going to spend some time here at the cybercafe reading my book and having a cup of coffee. Maybe I’ll have some more M&M’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, glad you didn't get the brunt of the storm. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some spaghetti and meatballs with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the sunset view from there.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’ll join you for dessert. A slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and an iced mocha would be perfect.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and lots of dinner rolls and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some brownies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim first though.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Can I join y’all? I’m so hungry for fast food! Victor, can you have the kitchen whip up something like a jr. Bacon cheeseburger or a jr. Whopper? Maybe onion rings? With lots of ketchup. And a coke. For dessert, if I’m still hungry, maybe a decaf latte and a small slice of chocolate cake with creamy chocolate icing.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    CorinaSue, you’re welcome to join us! Francois, the cybercafe’s chef is amazing and can make everything you’ve ever dreamed of, even fast food. Now, of course, I have a dilemma: order Sunday dinner or fast food. Maybe a roast beef hoagie made by Tawana at Hudson Deli, light mayo, please. Pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, swiss, and curly fries. And Viktor, please apologize to Francois, I’m sure he’ll understand. Tawana uses only the freshest Portuguese rolls and is a master sandwich maker. I know I said Francois can make anything, but it’s wonderful to have guest chefs occasionally.

Viktor, I’ll take my iced tea out on the terrace, it looks like everyone found a table out there. I want to see the sunset tonight so we’ll have to have Sunset dessert out on the terrace. Not to worry, Igor and Jorge have the fire pits burning tonight. Maybe we can roast some marshmallows and make s’mores. We had a lovely day in the real world, although a bit chilly, but now it’s cloudy so it’ll be nice to enjoy the sunset here at the cybercafe.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    S’mores and sunset! Lovely! 💕
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome to the cyber cafe corinasue1143. Where if you can dream it up our chef's can cook it but best of all there are no calories and it's all free. For dinner tonight I'm in the mood for a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of crusty bread for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some old fashion chocolate pudding and whipped cream with an iced mocha. I was suppose to have the real thing this morning, but the Barista messed up my order. I got an iced vanilla. My ride was already there before I realized the mistake. It wasn't bad but not what I really wanted. Also she wouldn't fill up my refillable cup and give me my discount. I wonder if that's a new policy.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Monday evening at the cybercafe! It was a beautiful day today. I’m ready for dinner. I’ve snagged a table in the dining room by the fireplace. Viktor says there’s pot roast tonight and I ordered a macaroni and cheese side, green beans, and a basket of rolls and mini muffins. I’m not sure what to have for Sunset Dessert yet.