So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, National M&M day and me without any in the real world. Thank goodness for the cyber cafe. I'm all for the m&m dessert bar. My mouth is watering for the cookies already. First though dinner. I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of everything from the dessert bar, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    In the real world we had steak, sweet potatoes, and salad for dinner. No M&M’s here, either, unless I want to raid the Halloween candy. No, I can’t. I didn’t have enough calories for the day so I made a cheese sandwich. Swiss cheese has very low sodium and little whey protein—a big win for me. I’ve found the very thin Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread is pretty good and doesn’t add too many carbs for the day. Not exactly M&M’s cookies or brownies, but it’ll do. Sweetie says he wants to order a chocolate espresso sundae at the cybercafe. I’ll make sure to sprinkle it with mini M&M’s!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, wow, it’s another wonderful day at the cybercafe—the place to be, because it’s National Dessert Day! No, I’m not making this up. I’ve been dreaming of caramel apple pie or caramel apple cake or caramel apple crisp. Well, I’m sure you get my drift. I think I’ll ask Francois to make apple pecan stuffing and roast chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner tonight. For vegetables I can have green beans, carrots, and coleslaw. I wonder if Viktor can find some caramel apple ice cream to go with my caramel apple desserts, but caramel swirl ice cream would be good, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that makes a lot of sense now. All my recipe newsletters including Betty's were all about dessert. Pies, cookies, cakes you name it. I'll have what you're having tonight for dinner except make my stuffing plain ole regular. Lots of gravy and dinner rolls with that please, and a coca cola. Lets have a dessert bar tonight like the one Betty had in the Newsletter. Everything she had looked so good, and I'll have an iced mocha with that please. I think I'll enjoy my dessert, and dinner out on the terrace in the sunshine.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I am starving tonight. I'm going to have the porter house dinner with baked potatoes, a salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have a slice of Boston Cream pie with an iced mocha. I haven't had Boston Cream Pie in ages. I'll have dinner out on the terrace tonight and just watch the sunset and the stars.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Dessert! Boston cream pie and iced mochas sound wonderful. If I’m still awake at sunset that’s what I’ll have, too. We went out to get our flu shots today and stopped at the local Mexican restaurant. Beautiful weather today, but for some reason everyone’s air conditioning was set on arctic. I couldn’t wait to get home and put on my sweatshirt. I thought a light sweater would be fine. I was wrong.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going for a swim first in the cyber pool, and then float around for a bit. For dinner tonight I've been craving lasagna so I'll have that with lots of garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mmm, turtle brownies iced with chocolate cream frosting. Delicious with an iced mocha. The stars are so bright at the cybercafe tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    All pasta buffet at the Cybercafe’s celebration of National Pasta Day! I can’t wait for dinner.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, National Pasta day. I like that. I'll take the egg noodles with Sweedish meatballs, and broccoli. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Had the real thing today at the Starbucks near where I get my hair done. They get their orders right, and boy are they a busy place. I got a hot mocha today because it was so cold outside this morning. Hmmm maybe I'll go back for some baked ziti, and hungarian ghoulash. I guess I am hungry tonight and everything looks so good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I didn’t get enough pasta last night, so I’m going to have macaroni and cheese. And since it’s National Mashed Potato Day, I’d like my pasta on top of my mashed potatoes. It’s actually quite good that way. Hmm, maybe we can add peppers, onions, and bacon to that, too. Maybe some meatballs or sausage would be good.

Zzyyggy! It’s cold and windy at my house. Even colder then where you live and our humidity is super low so it feels even colder still. Of course, it will warm up into the 70’s by Saturday. We’ll have to sit by the fire tonight and drink our mochas hot. Hot apple crisp or hot bread pudding? Sweetie wants plain bread pudding with bourbon hard sauce. I prefer apple or pumpkin butter bread pudding. Oh, or chocolate swirl bread pudding with chocolate sauce and a dollop or two of Sweetie’s hard sauce. Let’s not forget the homemade vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Oh dear, I might have gotten a bit carried away there. It’s been a while since I’ve actually had dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I hear you about the cold. I get chilled after my swim and can't seem to warm up the whole day. I saw that it was national mashed potato day, and what goes best with mashed potatoes Fried chicken the home made kind with biscuits and lots of country gravy. Corn on the cob with that please with lots of butter and a coca cola. For dessert tonight I'm going to have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm tired from my swim this morning, and hopefully won't have any problems falling asleep tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good morning! I got 8 hours of sleep last night. I wonder if it’s because of the colder weather. It was 32.5 degrees this morning—almost a frost. Brr. Sweetie made chicken soup last night and I was contemplating having some for breakfast, but I think I’ll wait until lunch for that. Biscuits and eggs would be wonderful. (Okay, not really because I can only eat eggs at the cybercafe.) Yum, biscuits with lots of butter and cheese and/or raspberry jam.

I’ve discovered that unlike cream cheese, I can eat goat cheese without dire consequences. It’s similar enough to cream cheese I think; it’s been awhile since I’ve eaten cream cheese. I wonder if I can substitute goat cheese for cream cheese in some recipes. Anyway, goat cheese and jam tastes wonderful on English muffins with my morning coffee. It’s as good as dessert!

Sweetie has vowed not to eat any Halloween candy this year. I’m not really hungry for candy lately, but I’m making no promises. We’ll see.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, speaking of Halloween Candy I just bought a whole bag of milkyways, and snickers. Since I don't get any trick or treaters guess who's going to eat them? I couldn't resist. They were right by the register begging me to take them home. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a brownie and an iced mocha. It's so warm and pleasant out here on the terrace I could spend all night here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Don’t you just hate when that candy talks you into buying it Zzyyggy? Mmm, I have to ask Viktor to bring me a meatloaf sandwich. Meatloaf sandwich on a ciabatta roll with some crispy kettle chips and a root beer for dinner and brownies for dessert sounds wonderful. I’ll join you on the terrace Zzyyggy. It’s been cold in our house for the last couple of days with the nighttime temperatures in the 30’s. I get cold as soon as the temperature in the house goes under 74 degrees and this morning it was 67 degrees. It will be lovely to sit on the terrace and warm up.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Yes I'm warming the Cafe up to 76 degrees. I hope that's not too hot for you. It got cold around here today with a north wind blowing all day, and even with the heat on I can't seem to warm up. For dinner tonight I want a large bowl of beef stew with lots of dinner rolls, and butter. A coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars, and an iced mocha. Even though I already went swimming today I think I'll go for a dip in the heated cyber pool before dinner, and then enjoy the sun on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I actually had beef stew for dinner. Yum. Sweetie has decided to fast for 36 to 48 hours at a time at least once a week. It’s driving me crazy because I’m never sure if he’s eating and how much food to prepare. I end up freezing food I’ve prepared, but I’m wondering how much produce I’ll end up having to throw out. Sweetie has been doing all the shopping and he’s still buying as much as he was before. Since my knees are doing great and my feet are getting better I might be able to drive again and go shopping. I think I’ve convinced Sweetie we don’t need to buy produce in bulk at Costco, but every so often he comes home with 16 apples and 16 oranges. The fruit will last awhile, I just don’t know where to store it all considering the five heads of romaine lettuce that has to fit in the refrigerator, too. Really one head of lettuce should be sufficient.

It’s too cold for ice cream for me, although I used the heating pad and finally warmed up enough that I might be able to take off my sweatshirt. I think I’ll order a cup of hot chocolate and some windmill cookies to enjoy while I read my book.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I hear you about the produce. I've been over buying it at the Farmer's Market since it all looks so good, and it isn't junk food, but it's just me so I try to watch how much I buy. I have been making big batches of vegetable soup in the crock pot and freezing them for later use. I've also been freezing cooked carrots and other veggies for later. The carrots have been so sweet. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries and plenty of tarter sauce. A root beer with that please. I've been craving a good ole fashion mug of root beer. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Did I say I was in need of a chocolate fix? I've also been craving hot cocoa. I had to settle for hot tea this afternoon.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, stuffed vegetable pizza and iced tea for me, please. Love the Halloween decorations. I’m ordering the Halloween treats and candies platter, a wonderful selection of everyone’s favorites. I’ll share, of course.

The kale has been great lately. I try to wash it immediately, then I stuff it in my microwave steamer and cook it for five minutes. It’s not completely cooked so I can use it in salad, but I like to add it to soups and stew. Sweetie has been adding kale to his eggs in the morning. I make a chicken and stuffing casserole with lots of veggies including finely chopped kale. When I don’t add the kale, I miss it. Everyone has told me to make that casserole (and ham) for Thanksgiving. They make things so easy for me, which I really appreciate. Sweetie has decided to make pepperoni rolls for Christmas Eve. That works well for the guys, however I’ll have to find something for the daughter of my heart and me to eat. I’ve got lots of time to figure it out.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I've never tried Kale. I've never been much on the leafy green vegies either like spinache and swiss chard. My sister does kale chips quite often. I'll have to try some of those. For dinner tonight Pizza sounds really good. I'll have the brick oven pizza with sausage, and pepperoni, and chicken wings. French fries and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool and then have dinner on the terrace.