So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm feeling the same way today. Tired, and blah, but not really sick. It's nice outside, but I didn't get outside at all today. Had a bowl of chicken noodle soup earlier for lunch and that hit the spot. I may have the apple pie I got for last night's dessert for dinner tonight in the real world. I guess some days you just have to take it easy with your body. It knows. For dinner tonight I would love a porter house steak with bake potato and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I agree Zzyyggy—some days you have to listen to your body and take a rest day. We’re getting windy, rainy weather from the remnants of the hurricane. So far it’s been pretty quiet.

Viktor, I’m ready to order breakfast. A Southwest omelet and coffee, please. Thank you for the basket of mini pastries, Francois has been very busy baking this morning.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have a big bowl of Seafood Chowder and lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. We're about to get a hurricane up here as well or rather the remnants of one.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hope you can enjoy the warmer tropical air before the arctic blast drops down on us this coming week Zzyyggy. I came in for a cup of tea because I can’t sleep. Dinner at the cybercafe was wonderful, so I’m not hungry, although I’ve been sitting here deciding on tomorrow’s menu. Our grandson is here and I need to plan accordingly. Too bad he can’t just eat at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I survived hurricane Nicole. It was rough night though. That wind was really howling. For dinner tonight I could go for a prime rib dinner, bake potato, salad, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I've started watching my Christmas, and Thanksgiving specials. Today I'm watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I know it's too early, but there are a lot of them out there.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, it sounds like you got heavier weather from Hurricane Nicole than we did. The mountains in North Carolina got more severe weather from the storm than we did. I think the wind gusts didn’t go above 20 mph here, but they were strong enough to bring all the maple and oak leaves down. The hickory trees and the sweet gum trees still have their leaves, although they’re dropping more today.

I forgot to check in at MFP on Thursday, so my streak ended at 516 days. I haven’t been tracking. I have to start again. I would prefer to do portion control rather than calorie counting and macros. I have to get started again because I’m beginning to backslide too much. It’s frustrating.

I think I’ll spend the rest of the evening here at the cybercafe in my recliner. Coffee and cookies while we watch holiday specials and movies works for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda,you may not have ended your streak check again. I thought I did but I'm still on the streak. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy with dinner rolls and the green bean cassarole. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, and an iced mocha. I feel like having Thanksgiving early but with roasted chicken instead of Turkey. Tonight I'm watching a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. We could spend the night at the Cyber Cafe watching all the Peanut's specials.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, you’re right, my streak continues! The roast chicken dinner was delicious and, oh, the apple pie is wonderful. I asked Viktor to make sure there was vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce.

We can definitely spend the evening watching Peanuts specials. We’ll have to make room for a dog and several cats. Treats for everyone!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I love those Peanut specials. They are just so right for any holiday. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a BLT Grinder with no tomatoes. Lots of extra bacon and lettuce though, and lots of mayo. Chips and a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have a monster chocolate chip cookie, and an iced mocha. Had the real thing at Starbucks this morning. It was cold getting waiting for that bus though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a nice hot cafe mocha, please. May I have one of those pecan pie bars I saw in the bakery case? I’m heading into the cafe to find Zzyyggy. I’m assuming she’s in her recliner by the fire, which is where I’d like to spend the evening. It’s cold! Winter has arrived a bit early for the South.

There you are Zzyyggy. It’s a nice night to sit by the fire.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, boy is it ever dark out there right now. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. I was at Hannafords this morning and they had Turkeys on sail for .47 a pound. I almost bought one. The only problem is being just me I eat Turkey for the next month or so. I do love roasting a whole one in the oven. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight after my swim. I think I'll hang out by the fire in the dining room. Oh and Viktor I'll start off with a bowl of french onion soup. I saw those bundt cakes Betty had, but I'm just not in the mood for cake tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I’ve been trying to get warm all day. The high today was 45 degrees and the house feels cold! Francois’ onion soup really hit the spot tonight. Victor is warming up a piece of apple pie for me and bringing a pot of tea in. Thank goodness there’s a nice fire going. I think I might even be warm enough to takeoff my hoodie and remove my fleece scarf.

Years ago I used to make a turkey at Christmas for just the three of us—Thanksgiving was always my sister and I making dinner for 20+ with two turkeys and a ham and all the sides. I’d make a Christmas turkey with stuffing, gravy, and mashed potatoes and package the leftovers and freeze them. I’d freeze individual and family sized frozen dinners that will keep well for at least three months. That way we weren’t stuck eating the same thing day after day. Now I don’t make turkey at all, not even on Thanksgiving. It’s a huge amount of work and I get to enjoy my family instead of having a huge mess to clean up. I can make my stuffing and rotisserie chicken casserole in the morning and the ham can go in the oven anytime and be sliced and put in a warmer. This year we’re making herb roasted potatoes because our grandson doesn’t eat mashed potatoes (shocking, isn’t it?). He also doesn’t like turkey, but he’ll eat ham. Basically, I make food he likes because I want him to enjoy the holiday. It’s really great that he likes things that are easy to fix. The stuffing casserole takes the longest time to fix. We can toast the bread for stuffing the day ahead and we usually have chicken stock, if not, there’s always Better Than Bouillon. Anyway, the casserole is for me since I can’t have the ham, although everyone except our grandson loves it, too. Then I make a salad, carrots, and green beans, and they bring dessert. Super easy. Sometimes I have appetizers, too.

Good grief, I didn’t mean to go on and on. Most of the time I struggle to write several sentences.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that all sounded delicious. When I do cook a turkey for myself it's usually just a thigh or breast, and I'll have stuffing and squash with it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the popcorn shrimp with french fries, and a coca cola. Lots of tarter sauce and biscuits with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I need to get by the fire as well tonight. It was a raw cold all day long, and I couldn't get warmed up. Plus we had the snow storm as well. It was fun to watch though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I love butternut squash. I used to make squash and Brussels sprouts for the holidays, but not everyone loves them like Sweetie and I do. It’s been cold so it was a macaroni and cheese night tonight with lots of vegetables and chicken. The chocolate chip cookies for dessert look yummy, but first I’m going to order a biscuit. Or two. And coffee. VIKTOR!

We can sit by the fire, here at the cybercafe, in our recliners with our bunny slippers on and watch the snow falling
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm up for some good ole fashion chili tonight with lots of shredded cheddar cheese on top, and plenty of garlic bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have an iced mocha and some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I'm thinking of making some in the real world tonight. I think I'll sit by the fire in the dining room of the cyber cafe and people watch. You never know who might come in.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! The chili looks good.when Viktor comes by I’m going to order my chili on a taco salad with lots of chips and dips. Mmm, guacamole and cheese dip and salsa. Ah, Viktor, you already have my order. Amazing. I’ll have a pitcher of iced tea, too, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another Friday is upon us as is another weekend. I've been tired all day and can't seem to get out of my own way. For dinner tonight I'm going to have breakfast. I'm going to have the belgium waffle with sausages and maple syrup. A glass of milk with that please. I can't have coca cola with maple syrup that's just too much sugar even in the cyber world. For dessert I'll have the cinnamon bun, and an iced mocha. Oh heck make that a plate of cinnamon buns. I know that's a lot of sugar too, but well that does go together. I'll have them out on the terrace with the balmy 80 degree weather and lots of sunshine. Hopefully I'll stay up for sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee Zzyyggy, it’s good we can have sunset whenever we want at the cybercafe. Sunset Dessert was wonderful. I loved the cinnamon buns—mine were loaded with pecans. Does that make them more southern? Lots of people around here have pecan trees. You can send the out to get shelled, who knew. I think I’ll have another cup of coffee and nibble on some more cinnamon buns.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Saturday night at the cybercafe. Boy, it’s quiet here in the Club Room, although the bar was really hopping when I went by. Useless and I are ready for some snacks. Viktor is bring in some warm rice pudding and hot chocolate for me and Useless is insistently meowing for tuna treats and goats milk. I’m going to read my book and enjoy the fire.

Zzyyggy, hope to see you tomorrow.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I missed yestarday, I'm not sure why, but never got in, not even a non post. Oh well. For dinner tonight I'm going to make up for it. I'll have a prime rib dinner with baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Winter is here to stay I guess. We didn't get any of the snow New York got, but it's been cold around here. I'm going to enjoy the 80 degree weather at the cafe. I may go for a swim in the pool as well.