So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a cup of tea and a Pepcid, please. Too much Halloween candy in the house, plus Sweetie brought home Belgium chocolate covered shortbread to taste so we can decide whether it’s good enough to give as gifts for the neighbors. You do have to try each flavor at least two or three times, right? There are 15 different flavors so . . . Oh, dear. Hmm, well, tomorrow is another day.

I’ve decided the zombies must take the decorations with them when they leave because the morning after Halloween everything is sparkling clean and other than the decorations that will stay through Thanksgiving, everything else is gone. Also, the pool is no longer black and orange, thank goodness. The turkeys are nice to see. They’ll taste wonderful at Thanksgiving. Francois is already making lists for the Thanksgiving menu.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, making his lists and checking them twice, oh wait that's Santa and Christmas, well it could go for Francois and every holiday we have at the Cafe. It's a good thing he's got Igor and Viktor, and the other guy what's his name. I am starving tonight. Francois has set up the all you can eat chineese bar tonight with everyone's favorite. I'm going to have the pork fried rice, noodles, chicken fingers, shrimp lo mein, oh heck a lot of everything please with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some devil's food cupcakes and an iced mocha. The individual pies are back at City Market. I may grab a couple of apple pies. They are good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Viktor, the buffet looks delicious tonight. I see Zzyyggy sitting in the dining room, I’ll join her.

Hey, Zzyyggy. Great buffet tonight. Francois makes terrific egg rolls and I’m loving the lo mein. Please pass the duck sauce. I think I’ll have more tea and fried wontons instead of dessert tonight. I might have an after dinner nap before I go to bed tonight. I’m so tired. We voted today. There were 19 different offices to fill. Coloring in all those little boxes on the ballot was exhausting and, apparently, I need to get more than five hours of sleep at night.

Zzyyggy, I saw Jorge just yesterday trimming trees in the orchard. I think he’s our expert horticulturalist and landscape designer.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s National Sandwich Day. I’m thinking my favorite deli sandwich on a Portuguese roll—that’s roast beef, onion, shredded lettuce, tomato, chopped sweet pickles, and mayonnaise and asiago cheese. 😋 Let’s not forget the Dr. Pepper, please.

Gorgeous day today both here at the cybercafe and at home. Check out these maples leaves:
    zwoqq02nysr2.jpeg
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, That's what his name was. Not to good for an employer to forget their employee's name Jorges sorry. I saw that it was national sandwich day. I'm going to have my favorite BLT without the tomatoes on oatbran bread with lots of mayo, and bacon. Chips, a coca cola and a monster chocolate chip cookie will make the meal. I haven't had a BLT in ages. I think I'll sit out in the terrace and soak up the sunshine. Love the pictures Linda. Our color is almost gone and the trees are all bare except for the pine trees. We're having a continuing Indian summer this weekend with temps into the 70s.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, my appetitie is just starting to come back after a long day of feeling a bit under the weather. I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a chocolate brownie and an iced mocha. I think I'll hitch the projector to the outside movie screen. I just got through watching the X-files first two episodes on Amazon's Freevee. They have a lot of old shows like that on it. Maybe we could watch the old comedies tonight like I love Lucy, Bewitched and all that. I could do with some laughs, and popcorn.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, movies and popcorn sounds good to me! Mm, caramel popcorn with M&M’s and cheddar popcorn and candy corn and pretzels. I’m sure Viktor will keep us well supplied with drinks. You can have your mochas and I’ll have Dr. Pepper.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like french toast for dinner this evening, please. I like mine with lots of butter and confectioner sugar on top because who doesn’t like icing on their french toast? I can’t make that at home, unfortunately there’s no bread. I put bread on the shopping list, now we just need to get to the store.

Of course, right now Sweetie is mowing the leaves. He mowed the lawn yesterday and then overnight the wind blew enough leaves down to blanket the lawn. It’s supposed to rain sometime in the next couple of days so it would be best to get the leaves up before the rain. It’s 80 degrees today and the sun is shining for the moment, although it’s been mostly cloudy today. By Tuesday the cooler weather will start moving in.

I think I’ll mosey on out to the terrace with my breakfast for dinner. I’m sure Viktor will be right behind me with a carafe of coffee and a bowl of fruit.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. My appetite is back after a couple of days of missing in action. I'm going to have a huge porter house steak, baked potato with lots of butter and a salad. A coca cola and lots of dinner rolls and butter with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple cinnamon pie with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a walk around the corn maze. If you go just becarefull of the turkeys. They've been wandering around the maze. I think Igor is trying to hide them on Viktor, but they make quite a racket so good luck with that.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the turkeys love the corn fields. Think of all the corn and bugs they get to eat. I’m sure Jorge will dispatch the turkeys whenever Francois decides it’s time. In the meantime Viktor can chase after Igor. At least it will keep them entertained. Viktor brought out some cheeses with the basket of fruit, please, help yourself to some.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, hmmm, Viktor is chasing the turkeys, Jorges is chasing Viktor. It's an interesting scenario. I am starving tonight. For dinner I'm going to have the roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have apple pie, too, please. Zzyyggy, I was trying to remember when I actually had apple pie and I can’t. Maybe Francois will make apple crumble for breakfast tomorrow. Or apple strudel or apple danish would be good. Oh, great, now I’m going to be thinking about baked goodies with apples. Perhaps some apple oatmeal will suffice. Cinnamon apple scones or molasses apple muffins or chicken breasts stuffed with apple stuffing or baked apples, hmm, I could do baked apples.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Apple bread pudding with caramel sauce would be lovely. Even a peanut butter and apple sandwich would do.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm late coming in tonight. This time change has me all discombombulated. My body thinks its 7:00, the clocks say it's six, but my appetite saids it's dinner time. I'm starving. I'm going to have a big plate of macaroni and cheese with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I think I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Had the real thing today at my coffee shop.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Apple cake! Upside down apple cake. Yes! And ice cream, please, Viktor. Zzyyggy, that iced mocha sounds good. I ordered one for myself. The time change has made the days seem so much shorter. At least the mornings are brighter. The leaves are really falling and now we’re seeing more of the neighbors.

1640euyuikgy.jpeg
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Love the pictures. Our trees are just about bare around here. I'm starving tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and beans, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a few chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Went swimming today at the Y. It was nice.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having! Then I’m heading to my recliner and an after dinner nap. Hopefully, Useless will join me and help keep me warm. All the cats seem to love my blue fleece blanket.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Viktor it's my birthday today so I would like a big dish of spaghetti and meatballs, and garlic bread, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have a big slice of devil's food cake and vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Spent the morning at City Market Cafe. They don't have iced mochas. I wished I'd gone to Starbucks. Still had a good cup of coffee. I'm starving.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a nice hot bowl of chicken soup, please. The cheddar biscuits Francois made and a pot of tea would be lovely, too. I can’t decide whether I have allergies or if I’m still fighting off a cold, but I woke up with a sore throat this morning and ended up taking a three hour nap today. It a beautiful day today, too, and it would be great to be outside, I’m just too tired. I think I’ll snuggle up in my recliner by the fire and read my book.
  • LindaK125
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Happy birthday, Zzyyggy! I’ll have some of Zzyyggy’s birthday devil’s food cake and vanilla ice cream. I’m always happy with a good cup of coffee. Come join me by the fire.