So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Dinner was delicious tonight, Zzyyggy. I love when the guys make brick oven pizza. I’m ready for a cup of tea. I know it’s late, but I’m reading and I’m not ready to stop. I’ll see you here at the cybercafe tomorrow morning for Sunday brunch. It’s supposed to be warm and sunny out on the terrace in the morning.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sunday evening and brunch was a long time ago. I think I’ll sit in my recliner by the fire with a cup of cafe mocha and a plate of chocolate almond biscotti.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm having a cheese craving lately. For dinner tonight I'm going to have macaroni and cheese with garlic cheesy bread, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool. I just have to avoid the floating jack-o-lanterns, and sea monster. She's back until after Halloween and then it's back to the Ocean. I just couldn't resist Igor's pleading eyes. The corn maze is all set up and trust me it's really scary so beware. I know Halloween is Igor's favorite holiday but I think we really need to cut the fake blood down a little. It's not good for the appetites. Although the red and orange pool is fun.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, the above post was suppose to be posted last night. I don't know what's going on with the computer lately. I think it's either haunted or developing a mind of it's own. That might be scary. I was here last night just didn't quite make it in. Anyways for dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken wings with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning but not from Starbuck. Walked over to Scout and Company for one of there's. Did some reading in the cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I was looking for you earlier, glad everything is okay. I ordered chili and cornbread earlier, so yummy. I think I’ll have some of the chocolate chip cookies and sandwich ice cream between them—one of each flavor—chocolate, coffee, chocolate chip mint.

I have to agree about fake blood being unappetizing. The decorations are great and the corn maze is amazing. The weather for Halloween at the cybercafe will be perfect. They’re calling for rain on Halloween in the real world for both of us. We’ll see. We haven’t had much rain at all.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we had a perfect day today here in the real world. Lots of sunshine and clear blue sky. It did rain in the early morning though, but cleared up. For dinner tonight I would love the porter house steak dinner with baked potato and salad, and lots of butter with that potato. A coca cola please, and real thousand island dressing with the salad. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy the terrace tonight, and watch the sunset. The ghosts seem to be floating about the cafe on their own. If they are real I hope they are the friendly king.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’m going to Jin Zzyyggy for dinner and I’ll have what she’s having, please. Extra salad dressing, too, please. I’m going to order the upside down apple cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Ghosts! It’s going to be a spooktacular Halloween here at the cybercafe!
  • Zzyyggy
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, that was cute. Igor has added a few more jack-o-lanterns since yestarday. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with french fries and an icy cold coca cola. For dessert I'll have the hotfudge sundae with lots of chocolate syrup, and an iced mocha. I think I maybe moving soon. It's an Independent living place in Burlington. The rent is a little steep but includes three meals a day, once a week housekeeping, linen cleaning, and theres an onsight fitness facility. I didn't see anything about a pool, but my Y membership is based on my income so that's pretty cheap. My inheritance should help alot with that. I'm having a tour of the place on Friday, and they have an available studio apartment which is all I really need. I'm looking forward to seeing it. One of my sisters will meet me there. Keep your fingers cross and say a prayer.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a hot fudge sundae with chocolate chip mint ice cream topped with whipped cream and mini M&M’s, please. Zzyyggy, that’s great news . I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm tired tonight from all my swimming, and I'm starved. I'm going to have a huge bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. That giant spider in the corner looks really scary. The skeletons are rattling in the wind outside the cafe as well. Igor does a good job.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yikes! That is one big, hairy spider, Zzyyggy. I just came in for dessert, I’m going to order brownies, too. I asked Viktor to bring another iced mocha for you when he brings my turtle brownie and coffee. Man, those skeletons are really creepy when the wind blows.

I made chicken stew for dinner. I used some Aleppo pepper and harissa—spices we bought from TheMediterraneanDish.com. The spices added just the right amount of heat. It was delicious. We’ve had colds here and haven’t felt like cooking or eating lately. Today I was feeling well enough to cook, thank goodness. Poor Sweetie is miserable with a head cold. My cold is really mild, but we’re both super tired. It would be nice to sleep all day except I wake up every hour or two coughing and then I can’t get back to sleep.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, sorry to hear you and your sweetie aren't feeling well. The cyber cafe soup is known to cure everything. So isn't chocolate. I'm going to have a huge bowl of seafood chowder with lots of cheddar biscuits, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Thank you for getting that second iced mocha. It's a good things these don't have caffein either. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies for a couple days now, and may break down to make some tonight. I use the Betty Crocker cookie mix. As I explained on my timeline the independent living place was bust. I'll keep looking though. I just saw it was national chocolate day. In the tradition of a good restaurant then the cyber cafe has set up a chocolate bar with all our favorites including the mini m&ms, and chocolate klondike bars. Lets get our chocolate fill tonight with a huge bonfire and sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Soup and cheddar biscuits would be perfect Zzyyggy. I’ll have to ask Viktor to put my order in. Oh, look, here he is with my order. Is he able to read my mind? Should I be worried? I’ve got plenty of chocolate with my bucket of M&M’s by my side. I’m planning on spending the evening in my recliner with my book and a cat on my lap here at the cybercafe by the fire. Zzyyggy, you are welcome to send some of those chocolate chip cookies over to my house anytime.

I was hoping the independent living place would be great, how disappointing. Hopefully, you’ll find something you like soon.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I've decided to stick it out here for the Winter and start looking again in the Spring unless something falls into my lap or it gets worse here. I don't think I'd like to move in the Winter. It's been pretty quiet around here lately so hopefully the idiots will hibernate during the Winter as well. Hope your sweetie is feeling better. I hate head colds. A bowl of chicken noodle soup might help. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a Bacon cheeseburger with lots of french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Linda I don't think the chocolate chip cookies would make it in one piece to your place. I tried sending some down to my father and stepmother when they were living in Florida. All they got were crumbs.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Thanks, Zzyyggy, Sweetie and I are feeling much better today. It must be the soup and chocolate! Not to worry about the cookies, Sweetie actually felt well enough to make some. Of course, that means I ate real cookies. Oops. Somehow my daughter-in-law, the daughter of my heart, always manages to send cookies and fudge to her parents in Maine. I haven’t figured how. Perhaps she only sends cookies and fudge that can handle the trip?

Francois made chicken soup for me tonight so maybe by tomorrow I will go through an entire day without coughing or blowing my nose. I’m waiting for Viktor to bring me a cup of tea. He’s been the most attentive waiter this evening bringing me tea and cough drops. See you tomorrow at Sunday brunch.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Another gorgeous fall Sunday around here. I'm starving. Before dinner though I'm going to go through the corn maze Igor has set up. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and squash with lots of dinner rolls. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    We had a great afternoon at the cybercafe and the roast chicken dinner was delicious. Zzyyggy, your chef and waiters are the best. Halloween is tomorrow. Igor has planned out the cybercafe’s party meticulously and he’s invited lots of zombie friends. It should be a blast. Charlotte is supposed to have rain for Halloween. I wonder if we’ll have many Halloweenies between the rain and the fact that it’s a school night. I can’t remember where we put the Halloween candy. It’s in a box somewhere. Sweetie has gotten very forgetful lately, I hope he remembers where he put it.

Viktor, I’m going to go relax in my recliner in the Club Room and read my book. Would you please bring a pot of tea and some shortbread cookies?
  • Zzyyggy
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, Wow is this place awfully dark. I'm not sure if we're trying for the Masque of the Red Death, or Dracula's Castle, but it's deffinitely spooky. Especially the black and Orange Pool with the black cats standing gaurd. Oh they're stuffed, that's okay then. Good job Igor we don't want to frighten Linda away. Barbecue tonight or brick oven pizza your choice. I'm going to have the barbecued spare ribs with lots of sauce, potatoe salad, and corn on the cob. A coca cola with that please. For dessert we have the candy bar bar set up. All the fun size and mini candies you could want. I'm going for the chocolate with an iced mocha. I had the real mocha today from Starbucks. That was good. Happy Halloween
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Happy Halloween! Zzyyggy, as long as there are no flying monkeys, I should be okay. Well, maybe. There’s an awful lot of zombies here tonight. I might just go hide in my recliner behind the cats. 🐈‍⬛ 🐈

Viktor, I’ll have the pizza appetizer and barbecue chicken, potato salad, and cornbread for dinner, please. A pitcher of iced tea, too. And dessert! M&M’s and Twix bars for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we both survived Halloween at the Cafe. The Zombies have mostly gone home now. Igor is decorating now for Thanksgiving. Now we've got a barn yard full of turkeys. I am starving tonight. I'm going to have a big plate of fried chicken with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and lots of butter and gravy. Biscuits of course with all that and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some double chocolate klondike bars, and an iced mocha.