At Goal & Successfully Maintaining. So Why Am I Doing This All Over Again?

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    NSV: BL and I can go down the stairs at the gym, side by side.

That’s pretty cool.

Grateful for the small things.

On that note, I was just having to travel for business this week, got plenty of compliments from remote coworkers I hadn't seen in a while, and overheard many folks complaining about fitting into airplane seats as well as a flight attendant spouting pseudoscience about needing to remove toxins to be healthier. Grateful for the health and knowledge this platform has supported over the years.

Ugh. I work with one of these. She's going to a naturopath (sp?) for her cervical cancer!!! Thankfully she is also going to an oncologist, but she trusts the naturopath more. :s

Thank heavens she has enough sense to continue the oncologist as her backup plan. Cancer fear does terrible things to peoples heads. I had a dear dear friend who would not utter the word, and would become really angry if others did in her presence. A motorcycle club pooled together to gift her a handmade wig, and showed up unexpectedly on their bikes to present her the certificate. After they left she cried with anger, and also guilt, over being angry.

On a happier note, yesterday BL and I went to a very nice local men’s boutique. I’ve never been in a place like this before. The owner had books of fabric, like an interior designer would, and was putting together outfits like a wizard.

BL wanted to leave, but I encouraged him to stay. He needed something for a wedding in a couple of months, and something quicker and stylish for family photos next week.

When the guy started fitting him, professionally, we found he’d dropped out of the 40’s waistline and into the 30’s. The clothes fit him like a dream, even before altering. He looked slender in them, and very classically stylish. Something clicked and after verifying they can take everything in even more when he loses more weight, he treated himself. I’d venture to say he spent more on himself in one blow than in the past ten years combined.

He even got cool leather tennis shoes that made him look like a teenage skater dude.

I sent pictures of him being fitted to the kids, and they immediately responded “Whoa!!!!” “Diddy lookin’ fly!” “You should get slim fit!”

I thought he’d kick and scream, but he ponied up, and told me “I deserve this” when we left. Darn tootin’ right!!!

He was as happy as I’ve ever seen him when we left, pleased how nice he’ll look in the family pictures, and how he can wear the beautiful sports coat to meetings.

He’s always been anti-fashion, bee-lining for sale or clearance only, as his wardrobe of faded neon clearance shirts will attest to. I always say I can find him in a crowd in those godawful shirts of his. The rest of his closet is Eddie Bauer polo shirts in Black blue or grey. That and a few jeans are the sum total of his wardrobe. I guess this is the male version of fat hiding tunics?

Now I’ll have to look for the best dressed man. Hoping he will treat himself to a new shirt there every two or three months and built up a small, choice wardrobe.

Maybe then I can get rid of some of the neon garb. 🫣

I love this!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    ... polo shirts in Black blue or grey. That and a few jeans are the sum total of his wardrobe. I guess this is the male version of fat hiding tunics?
    🫣

Ouch, shots fired. I have favored polos in white and marroon, too. Does that help my case?

On an unrelated note, the Mrs. and I impulse bought a dual basket air fryer that was on sale at Costco last week. Any favorite air fryer recipes from the group here?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @steveko89

Plain unseasoned steak

Pork loin cut into steaks with a little plum chutney on top. Or teriyaki or a little marmalade whipped with Dijon and Italian herbs or herbes de provence

Chicken breast seasoned with just about anything. Buc’ees sells a really good seasoning, and Victoria Taylor slices has an absolutely killer honey Aleppo seasoning. You can find it at TJMaxx sometimes dirt cheap.

Any kind of frozen breaded fish stick becomes magic in an air fryer.

Coconut shrimp. Hmmmm we’re in the way to Trader Joe’s for shrimp burgers right now. Adding that to the menu.

Btw the shrimp burgers are fantastic and super low cal, even cooked with a little garlic and butter. I loved them. Husband was put off by the pollock mixed in. He thought it looked unappetizing. More for me. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 I bet they’d be good in the air fryer, too.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Thanks @springlering62 we'll have to try some of those. It's been a while since we hit up our Trader Joe's.

Some additional context for the purchase, my in-laws bought one a few weeks (months maybe?) ago and will not shut up about theirs. One evening last week I cut the grass, did not have dinner with the Mrs. and 3 y/o so by the time I showered and we got him to bed I was ravenous. We've been getting the "Air-fried" branded frozen Tyson chicken breasts for quick "break glass" sort of dinner option so I go to throw those in the oven and notice that the air fryer instructions for those are significantly shorter, which I noted outloud. The next day we get the Costco sale email and I see this Ninja air fryer for like $140 marked down from $250... while my wife is at Costco. The ensuing text exchange was comical as after I sent her the link Lauren replied "this is because the oven took longer last night, isn't it..." which was factually correct.

The air fryer will change your life! I literally have not turned on my oven since Christmas.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Longtime lurker here...I enjoy reading your updates. Kudos to BL for treating himself. There is nothing as sublime as a perfectly tailored suit/trousers/jacket. Congrats to both of you!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If I could do a back flip in honor of you I would. I guess I will have to settle for a summersault. Congrats!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So cool! Happy MFPiversary!
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    @momzilla11 Couldn't agree more about this thread, and wanted to say, you sound like you are doing really well at this! Oh, and see Q below!

@springlering62 been meaning to ask if yours and/or BL watch is misbehaving since an update a couple weeks back. Mines goofy as crap, either waaayyy over or waaayyy under, plus misreads that I'm doing something when I am not and opposite. Suspiciously started about when the 8 came out, now that I think of it, go figure.
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 Didn't know you were gone, but was asking about Apple watch, if yours and BL are acting goofy since the last update.

@momzilla11 more good stuff! WTG!