At Goal & Successfully Maintaining. So Why Am I Doing This All Over Again?

Replies

• Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Did you ever go through the marble phase. When it feels like marbles under the skin, on your stomach.

Yes!!!!! I got hard marbles near my biceps. I was convinced something was wrong, or it was a cyst or something. I poked at it and felt my arm all the time for a year or two.

Weird stuff happens. The morning my thigh cellulite popped was insane. They literally looked like a popcorn ceiling.

I was absolutely flipping out. “I busted my *kitten* to lose weight to get this?!!!” And 24 hours later it was gone and my thighs looked like I’d had a chemical peel, they were so pretty and smooth. It was the damndest thing.

@springerling62. Really!? Did your cellulite actually pop and then disappear? I find this so interesting. My thighs look awful, and worse as I've lost weight. I've always had cellulite even as a young 20-something. Now not only is it on the back of my legs but the front also is dimpled and rippled. When I'm sitting down it's not noticeable so much ( I think that's because as I've lost weight the skin is looser and the fat moves around with gravity) but when I stand up my legs have those folds and dimples in front as well as in back. How far into your weight loss did it pop?

@springerling62.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited September 2022
    It was tragic, but I go back and pay my respects. I can't say anything more. It scared the hell right out of me. I've never run so fast in my entire life. I could feel someone watching me on a hillside. I believe, I was correct. They were watching me. It was more than adrenaline. I'd been hiking 5-7 mi aday UP steep mountainsides. Never doubt, what you're doing has a real purpose. Some day, you might have to pull it all together. You will draw upon all the strength in your body. It's so worth it. Momentum will take you much further than motivation every will. Motivation is a limited resource. It runs out.

I want to get that level of fitness back. It takes solid hard work, every day. As you know @quiksylver296, our quality of health is serious business. Without it, we're limited. Sometimes, I do pop off. I know when people are simply trying to pull the wool over our eyes and mess with our heads. We're allowed only so many heartbeats and none of this is really funny or a joke.

My Jack Russell is fierce and mighty. She would die for me. She's all heart.
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    @springlering62 Bodies can be both strange and amazing things!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,819 Member
    Brief pause to thank MFP and all the good people here for the unbelievable changes wrought in our lives.

Amen to that!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    NSV: BL and I can go down the stairs at the gym, side by side.

That’s pretty cool.

Grateful for the small things.

On that note, I was just having to travel for business this week, got plenty of compliments from remote coworkers I hadn't seen in a while, and overheard many folks complaining about fitting into airplane seats as well as a flight attendant spouting pseudoscience about needing to remove toxins to be healthier. Grateful for the health and knowledge this platform has supported over the years.

Ugh. I work with one of these. She's going to a naturopath (sp?) for her cervical cancer!!! Thankfully she is also going to an oncologist, but she trusts the naturopath more. :s