At Goal & Successfully Maintaining. So Why Am I Doing This All Over Again?

Options

Replies

• Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get excited when they see a new post is in this thread, lol
    Yum, sounds really good. Bet they were very impressed. What is the whey subbing for?
    I have a food scale, but mostly yet to use it. Bought it 2nd hand without directions, and find it a little difficult. I bet I would get plenty of eye opening.
    So, the impulse fancy new watch tells me today that I had over16000 steps, 7.17 miles, that I burnt 2,155 calories, all apparently in my 43 min active it says I have. grrrrrrrrrr! Injured my back somehow a couple weeks back, have not been able to do much of anything. Reality: Today was the first day outside to walk, and it was a short loop in the woods followed by the loop around my two driveways, and once around the house. Inside I saw I didn't quite get 30 min so I walked around inside until I did. I'm pretty sure my little belt loop tracker did a better job.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this @springlering62… will meander down the baking aisle to find these… well th online aisle!
    I love your posts as a serial restarter, or so it feels your & your BL’s experiences resonate and give me that Ah ha moments!
    Convinced the OH re the Creami, I think🤔
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love all your posts too. They always seem to come at the right time, when I need a little encouragement or a good laugh. I don't spend a lot of time cooking, so it feels a little tough to do all the steps you list. I think I just need to take a day, play and see what happens. Sometimes what I think is going to take forever is actually easy once I have the right tools and know how to do it. Ice cream?? That's one I really would love to figure out.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @sparkuvu We are completely on the same track.

I bought an Instapot, because that was the thing. I used it about ten times and realized I can use my crockpot and get the same result. The Instapot hasn't been used for months. I thought about an air fryer, but I'd use it even less. I did look at the Creami, too, but have held off. My priority is exercising and trying to keep that in the schedule. While I do try to create meals in advance, it's not one of my favorite things to do. Luckily, I have a meal service which is local, so they are helpful in sending me healthy foods.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    It’s funny how different people utilize different small appliances in different ways, especially in regards to favoring one over another. I could not live without my instant pot (ok, a little melodramatic); I use it every other day for sure. My husband wanted a air fryer and we have yet to figure out how to use it because it just seems to take forever to cook anything. I do wipe it off occasionally, so it’s not collecting dust, lol!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I have an air fryer & use it mainly for meats. I love pork chops done with it. & occasionally do French fries in it, too. My dd had an instant pot, but felt it was slower than just cooking things, so I “borrowed “ it & it sat on counter for 2 years, scared to use it. As I am interested in more plant based lifestyle, I finally decided to just do it, & it is great for rice & veggies. My dd loves the air fryer because the kids can make quick snacks without using the oven.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,842 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of processed foods or food-like products. It's just not who I am. If I can't pronounce the ingredients then I generally don't eat it. I do, however, make a couple of exceptions and first and foremost is canned whipping cream!

It turns my 40 calorie cup of chocolate almond milk (that I sweeten with stevia) into something treat-worthy. And it's a must-have for fruit filled crepes (190 calories plus 40 = 230 calories for a delicious dessert).

When I was growing up I can remember my mother having a sheet of paper with the title "Mayo Clinic Grapefruit Diet" taped to the inside of a kitchen cabinet door. You ate grapefruit. And eggs. That was pretty much it. For two weeks. And just like magic, you'd be thin for the rest of your life.

A life without canned whipping cream......unthinkable!

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    agree on the whip cream, indulgence in a can ~ a squirt on top of morning coffee, and iuse it between layers of plain greek yogurt for a parfait.

and recently was thinking this might be good in the Ninja creami too. I wonder tho, does yogurt stay soft in the Ninja? the yogurt I did try to simply freeze did not freeze well.

for the parfaits, i pre-mix the yogurt with chocolate protein powder, peanut butter/pb2 pure powder, vanilla extract, some instant decaf and smashed berries, chill. I premix a cup or 2, and enjoy for several meals/snacks.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,460 Member
    Options
    You guys, give yourselves brownie points for trying something new!

[quote="LifeChangz;c-46739866" I wonder tho, does yogurt stay soft in the Ninja? the yogurt I did try to simply freeze did not freeze well.
    [/quote]

I got some fat free yogurt to make some lemon mousse, so I’ll try it in ice cream and get back to you.

No reason why it shouldn’t though. Skyr is made exactly the same as Greek yogurt except that you mix in a few drops of rennet, which, technically, makes it a cheese (or so I’ve read).
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Oh, my! A pup tent—absolutely hysterical. The hug, btw, is for your husband!