Welcome former SparkPeople Members!

Replies

• gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Jazzygf spark
    Gfjazz mfp
  • Moonbear7
    Moonbear7 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm late to this thread, but I was a member of Spark People since 2017 and I miss it quite a lot!
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,700 Member
    Hello Everyone, I've seen some former Spark Friends who have been trying to join the private 5%, Challenge Teams. I've sent email messages and requested friend adds but have not gotten responses so I hope it's ok to post this here. You have to be a Community member before being added to a team. Please do join us.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141226-2021-fall-5-challenge-community Fall 5% Challenge Community

We welcome new members from MFP also. We take off 9/25 so there is still time to come aboard!
  • PNQueenKong
    PNQueenKong Posts: 8 Member
    Hello! I'm a former Spark member, sad that they made the community switch but I'm looking forward to using MyFitnessPal in a similar way! My user name was mommy_love8260, just as someone else mentioned I didn't think to use that here. I'm looking forward to revamping my weight loss and engaging in the online community here!
  • ChubWylin
    ChubWylin Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a former spark member from many moons ago. I had switched to ww but after several years am trying something new with mfp. Just closed out my first week and wanted to try the community feature. It was so nice to see Spark folks here.
  • maud4242
    maud4242 Posts: 1 Member
    DancingGardener from SP, now Maud4242 on MFP! It is so nice to be welcomed!
  • olat165
    olat165 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello. I'm glad to find this forum. I.hope to find friends here. I am maintaining a 130 loss and needed an accountability tool. This looks like it will be a great place. I was with SP for over 20 years. I loss over 100 pounds twice with them. I look forward to my maintenance here.
  • Babs540
    Babs540 Posts: 19 Member
    Miss you all. Glad there is a thread for connecting. Keep on being brilliant and beautiful!

New friends welcome! Please tag me!

Aka #SisuGal906
  • Ceriusly1
    @Babs540 Here is the link for the 5% Seasonal Challenge if you are interested. We are just finishing the first week but still welcoming members. Ceri, (Ceriusly1 Co-Leader 5% Challenge Community)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141226-2021-fall-5-challenge-community
  • BurningThyme201
    BurningThyme201 Posts: 13 Member
    It looks like a time of new beginnings. It looks like all of you may be more settled than I am. I was BurningThyme101, am now BurningThyme201. :) I gave yet to feel it ease here getting around but have lost over 9#'s since being here.
    If anyone wants to be friends feel free to add me although not sure how that's done here yet.
    :/
  • HickGurl73
    HickGurl73 Posts: 31 Member
    From SparkPeople... Need active & supportive friends!
  • Newflabuless
    Newflabuless Posts: 5 Member
    I used Spark People for 12 years and I was very sad to have to learn a new way to track. I hope that everyone is doing well and likes this site.
  • Stargzer5
    Stargzer5 Posts: 15 Member
    I used SP on and off for many years--absolutely gutted that site is no longer up and running. My account names: Smitty4rl and Stargzer. I see some familiar names (Brooklyn Born and few others)! It's nice to see a little Spark Community here. ;-)
  • Cozgirl40
    Cozgirl40 Posts: 30 Member
    I started using SparkPeople in 2008 and used it whenever I wanted to lose a few pounds. I went back to it in July and was sad to see it was going away. My daughter has used MFP so I decided to give it a try. So far, so good! I have lost 11lbs so far and I would like to lose 36 more. My daughter is getting married next November so that is my target date. I've had both my knees replaced in the last year so I put on about 15 lbs because doing cardio was difficult, to say the least. Now I've been cleared to walk on the treadmill and I bought a recumbent bike. My goal is to loose a half a pound a week. Wish me luck!
  • shiny5711
    shiny5711 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you! I joined SparkPeople in 2010 and lost 115 pounds. I'd drifted away from SP, and I've had 40 of those pounds creep back because, well, life. I went to SparkPeople and found it had gone. Finding this welcome just made me burst into tears. Thank you for the welcome, I believe I've chosen wisely in finding my path forward! Oh, I was both Shiny5711 and SoxyinMo at SP! Thank you again for your kind welcome!
  • Ceriusly1
    Hello former Sparkers, What seemed like a foreign country at first, MFP is feeling more and more like our new home. The 5% Seasonal Challenge has migrated and welcomed on MFP!

Here is the link for the 5% Seasonal Challenge if you are interested. We are just entering week 5 but still welcoming members. Please do add me as a friend and send me a message and I can get you on one of our teams.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141226-2021-fall-5-challenge-community

Ceri, (Ceriusly1 Co-Leader 5% Challenge Community)
  • sukeyb1
    sukeyb1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi - I've been on and off of Spark for many years. My SP name was suzyb53. Here I am sukeyb1. At different periods, I participated in groups and other times I used the trackers. I am now on NOOM, but likely will not re-enroll. I just found out that my blood pressure is unexpectedly high and the NOOM tracking system does not allow me to record sodium intake. More generally, I am disappointed with the way the NOOM nutrition tracker is set up. The one way NOOM has been helpful is with positive motivation and avoiding getting into a negative headset. I think that this group can do that too!!! Thank you.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    I am sure this has been asked already, but what is Sparkpeople? :)
  • sukeyb1
    sukeyb1 Posts: 2 Member
    Italiana, it was an diet app with an active community and great tracker that no longer exists! It shut down last summer. :(
  • HickGurl73
    HickGurl73 Posts: 31 Member
    <3 Thanks again! Finding more Sparker's! YAY!