Welcome former SparkPeople Members!

Options

Replies

• JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,369 Member
    Options
    @lovelyljs @NoelAnne

This is a very casual group on MFP for former Spark people https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140805-spark-people-friends

There are many groups here if you search for them or look through this thread. Here is a link to the 5% challenge https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141880-2022-winter-5-challenge-community
  • JustJ2014
    Options
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    JustJ2014 wrote: »

What kind of Challenges do you run?
  • JustJ2014
    Options
    hicim705 wrote: »

We do different monthly challenges. If you click the link it will tell you all the details
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    hicim705 wrote: »

We do different monthly challenges. If you click the link it will tell you all the details

Thank you! AND ... thanks for including the link to the Official 5% Challenge, appreciate it!
  • katerc2015
    katerc2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm kater-c from Spark People. I hadn't been active there recently and was dismayed to discover that it's gone when I decided I needed to get going and re-commit to fitness and weight loss.
  • mistressphoenixs
    mistressphoenixs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, former sparker here, my name was changingthingsup232. I'd love to find any of my old friends from there. And I'm happy to make new friends here ☺
  • doodleb1954
    doodleb1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also a former Spark member. I went to try Weight Watchers and that ended up just costing me money. I am glad to be here and am starting over again. My last day of work was Friday. I am finally, officially retired. Now it is time to take care of me. Got in a 20 minute walk today and logged my breakfast. I am taking it slow. But, I am making the commitment to do something each day and make small changes. I am glad to see so many Sparkers here. I am not feeling so alone now. I will have to see if some of the friends that I made on SparkPeople are here. Love you all.
  • Mumof3ms
    Mumof3ms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like you all I am a former Sparker. I did so well on it. Lowest weight that I had seen myself since I was an adult. However, I did go off track big time. Divorce is not pretty. I am a 61 morbidly obese divorced woman. So now it is time to go back to my Live It program. I don't say Diet because it has the word Die in it. My goal is to be healthy. To travel the world and the seven seas and enjoy retirement when it comes. (It will be soon.) Looking forward to getting to know you all and celebrating your success.
  • 1blessedfavored
    1blessedfavored Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi everybody! glad to find this site been looking for a new place since sparkpeople shut down
    looking forward to connecting again :)
  • Lywyn
    Lywyn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was on SP and moved to MFP when sp changed. However I had stroke in Dec znd quit everything. I am hopjng to slowly get going again but had to change my user name from wyndyc to lywyn.
  • oliverfalk715
    oliverfalk715 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm Oliver and it's great to meet you all! Let's have a fabulous 2022!
    Woohoo!
  • CyndiSt68
    CyndiSt68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was also on spark people. Feel free to send a friends request.
    Glad to be here
  • blue_5454
    blue_5454 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi--I was on SP around 2011 or so. My name on that site: Andy5454. I went back to it because I've regained weight, but found it was gone. Feel free to add and will add back. Thanks to whoever posted this message!
  • sassy1lady
    sassy1lady Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    wc2e3u078gli.png
    2qxxa45wkvly.jpg
    88hb6q03i2jr.jpg
    whckf67n2qcd.jpg
    I couldn't remember how I ended up here but I'm guessing from spark people. I believe my name there was dolphin_lover. Not sure how long it has been since spark people but during the pandemic/covid when I had to start teaching from home and everyone was gaining weight I actually lost 30 pounds and I've been maintaining for over a year now between my 5 pound range I give myself which I haven't seen in a gazillion years. I mostly did it walking my dogs and saw that Jim's were closed and I've also canceled my gym membership and last December I retired midyear. I'm the one that would always post the beachy pictures on the news feed.🌴🏝🏖🦞🐬🌴
  • ShrinkingOtter2
    ShrinkingOtter2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was a Spark People user for several years and like many, was away from it for a while and then was shocked when I found out it had closed down! I started MFP in November and lost about 10 pounds, but then Christmas happened and a trip to Austin and I've gotten off track again. Starting over once again! I'm a senior with a lot of weight to lose and I've found it's not as easy as it used to be but I'll keep trying :) Hoping to make some connections here with people in a similar situation.
  • kittensden72
    kittensden72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Hello!

We are so excited to see so many new faces in the MyFitnessPal community that have landed here. We've created this thread in hopes that it helps former SparkPeople members with finding their friends on this new to them site.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, welcome new members and share links to popular threads and groups.

• kittensden72
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. I used to be with Sparkpeople. I'm still trying to navigate this site & having a time of it.
  • kittensden72
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. I used to be with Sparkpeople. I'm still trying to navigate this site & having a time of it.

• kittensden72
    Options
    How do I go about just replying to a message? I can't figure it out. Help.