1blessedfavored Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Former spark people person here😊
    Found this site and I am looking forward to getting back on track
    Feel free to message
  • BeYourBestSelfDeb
    BeYourBestSelfDeb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I too was a Sp member for about 10 yrs. Good to see you all here. Since leaving SP I developed a under active thyroid and type 2 diabetes. I have a new Dr coaching me on my diet and helping me reverse my diabetes. More importantly he and his nurse love MFP and we’re happy I was choosing to join here. With there support and the support of members I know I can do this. I too will be supportive of your efforts. Please be my new friend. Ty Debbie from Ohio
  • WW_BES
    WW_BES Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have been missing SP since they left us hanging. After all that time and not being able to get back on track, I knew I had to make some app work! MFP is it. 2 weeks in, 4 lbs gone and I'm getting used to the app. Paid for SP, so trying the free trial and planning to pay for MFP. Going all in. Glad to see this group. Good luck to you all.
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,391 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Welcome to MFP. There are quite a few SP pages around here for you to join or just meet other previous SP.

Feel free to join our casual group. Click here --> Spark People Friends.
  • fallloo
    fallloo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Challengers
  • DawnGW26
    DawnGW26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I'm DawnGW formerly from Sparkpeople. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello! Hope you all are doing well! :smile:
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    Options
    📣 5% Summer Challenge is Public for Signups📣

This is the challenge that came to MFP after nearly 12 years on Spark People! We are eager to welcome new challengers from MFP as well as Spark People refugees!

Here are a few testimonials from our members:

dbeau57 - How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count! But I love them!

shannshine1 - How many 5% Challenges have you done? A few, but never here. I was on SparkPeople before it changed format. I had some wonderful people on my team! There was great camaraderie, a true spirit, and solidarity, full of encouragement and kindness.

Sunrisedancer1 - Anything else you would like to share? I am so happy that the leaders of these groups found a way to continue this on MFP!!! I love the challenge and the group!

Blog link from new member Mjw205
    https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mjw205/view?id=winter-5-challenge-halfway-and-really-helping-1003850

Link to my blog
    https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/Ceriusly1

Link to the 5% Community Group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143186-2022-summer-5-challenge-community-opens-for-joining-6-5-22
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. On SP, I was known as Yiche12 but here on MFP, I simply added a nine so I go by Yiche912. I was on SP for over 12 years but transitioned here quite nicely. The more I use this site, the more I like it. I am happy to see that this group has been formed so I can easily find my old SP friends.
  • AmyinIowa29
    AmyinIowa29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Former Sparker here. Been on MFP off and on since but ready to dig in with both feet. Please feel free to add me...I have no friends on here yet.
  • aprilrewired
    aprilrewired Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I used spark people a loooooong time ago. Happy to be here now! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ☺️
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,138 Member
    Options
    I recognize MANY of your names former names) from Sparks!! I had joined Sparks in 2010. From 288 to 171 now!! WOOHOO!! I had mostly belonged to the 5% challenge and the Biggest Loser teams.

As @Ceriusly1 mentioned the 2022 Summer 5% Challenge is READY TO START very soon!! @AmyinIowa29 and @ALL COME AND join us!! You'll see many former Sparkpeople with us!! The support and care you found on Sparks, we brought over with us here on MFP!!

Here's the invite as @Ceriusly1 has above also. The date of the challenge starts July 9th with teams being formed before that. Also the COUNTDOWN Activities are now up so we will all be prepared to have our BEST 5% EVER!! If you are in maintenance we WELCOME you also!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143186-2022-summer-5-challenge-community

• ALilCountryMouse
    ALilCountryMouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, thank you for the warm welcome. I am a newbie here on MFP and signed up a few days ago. I have been with Spark-People under "LilCountyMouse "for 10 years and missing that support. I find that I do better when I am accountable, support, and comraderies. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • NowNotNever23
    NowNotNever23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a former Sparkpeople user too (HealthySpark - but that one is taken here, so I did the next best option). I'm so glad to see that people have migrated here to MFP. I'm brand new to the site today, so learning how to navigate and find stuff. Hoping to run into old friends (and meet new ones!).
  • Jarol777
    Jarol777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be here as a SparkPeople transfer. I'm through the learning curve of MyFitnessPal and doing well.
  • bethorlo
    bethorlo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am a former SparkPeople person :)! I really do like myfitnesspal! It's been eye opening. I am also a WW lifetime for 10 years plus. I gained 15 after knee surgery (still at ww goal though) And I really really want it off! I mean business now :) I'd love for anyone to add me and motivate me.
  • canuck_OHS
    canuck_OHS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was restlessoul on Spark, and was a faithful user back in the day. More recent years I had gone over to ww and did some yo-yoing (the pandemic was horrible for me). I'm back here now and didn't even know SP was gone until I saw this thread. I see now its called SparkAmerica and it completely abandoned us Canadians....so MFP it is.
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I miss sparkpeople, they had lots of excellent features. I really like the simplicity of myfitnesspal though!
  • ybrady72
    ybrady72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am former member of SparkPeople and I loved the community.
  • iricollections
    iricollections Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi !! New again! A fresh start again! Need motivation !