Welcome former SparkPeople Members!

Options

Replies

• JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,391 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome to MFP. Yes, it is different but once you get used to the changes you will find plenty of former SP friends here and even some amazing new ones.

Feel free to search for the Spark Teams, 5% or join us here at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140805-spark-people-friends

osnrmltthm0l.jpeg
  • JustJ2014
    Options
    How do I go about just replying to a message? I can't figure it out. Help.

I hit quote on the bottom or use the @ sign before the person's name. @kittensden72
  • ImDoinItRightNow
    ImDoinItRightNow Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Former Spark member (ImDoinItNow on SP) who had a lot of success many years ago. Jan 1st I went to go use my old SP account and was shocked to see it not the same. So here I am now (mostly for the food logging)....I've lost 20 lb this year so far and have another 80 I'd like to lose. I am doing mostly OMAD with occasional 20:4. Not particularly keto but firm on staying within my eating window! I'm in desperate need of friends on the same or similar journey! Friend me please! Lets share food logs and ideas for intermittent fasting meals.
  • kittensden72
    kittensden72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. I am a former Sparkpeople member. I'm a wife, a mom, & a cat mom. I am very new to this app and am getting a little lost here and there. I have about 70ish lbs to lose. I hope this time I can do it.
    Also, can someone tell me how to friend request someone, please? Thanks!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Bonnie. I was on SP under a similar name as here. I hadn’t been active on there in a few years. I’d love to connect with other former SP members and those who may remember me from there.
  • 1KiwiShellM
    1KiwiShellM Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Bonnie , you can add me if you like . I’m an ex spark person too. And I do miss it .
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello. Fellow SP member. Also getting used to this new format and looking for some
    friends to keep me motivated and to go along with me on this journey. Feel free to friend me.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,135 Member
    Options
    I'm Dianedoessmiles1 here, but on Sparks I was Dianedoessmiles. SO HAPPY we are here!! We also brought along the 5% Challenge which was always so much FUN On Sparks, and as a Leader I have to add, I like it BETTER On MFP than I did on Sparks!! WHY? We can use any pictures we want to congrats our members and teams, and also GIFs!! SO MUCH FUN FUN FUN!!

Here's the link to the 2022 SPRING 🌷💐⚾🌺 5% Challenge!!!

COME AND JOIN US!!

nyls3lj04xrh.png

Join this supportive team and let's have fun as we lose 5% of our starting weight, make new friends and improve our health! Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. JOIN us to write your own success story! Make 2022 a healthy year. Open enrolment, join any time.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142698-2022-spring-5-challenge-community
  • Grxciiexx
    Grxciiexx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new here 👋
  • queeniemouse
    queeniemouse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Former Sparker here! I had no idea of the huge migration to this app that occurred. It was so sad to lose that community but I’m so happy to find you all again! Feel free to add me.
    My old SP acct was: QueenieMouse
  • MyOreoMelted
    MyOreoMelted Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m new here feel free to add me! :)
  • ShrinkingOtter2
    ShrinkingOtter2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm a 65 yo woman who's trying to navigate MFP after using Spark People. Just looking for a place to go for insight and support! I have 80-90 pounds to lose. I lost 10 in November/December but then gained them back over the holidays and on my vacation - now I'm trying again (I always keep trying :) and I've lost 4. It seems so much harder at this age! Am I too old for this group?
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    Options
    5% Summer Challenge is open for sign-up!

This is the challenge that came to MFP after 11 years on Spark People! We are eager to welcome new challengers from MFP as well as Spark People refugees!

Here are a few testimonials from our members:

dbeau57 - How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count! But I love them!

shannshine1 - How many 5% Challenges have you done? A few, but never here. I was on SparkPeople before it changed format. I had some wonderful people on my team! There was great camaraderie, a true spirit, and solidarity, full of encouragement and kindness.

Sunrisedancer1 - Anything else you would like to share? I am so happy that the leaders of these groups found a way to continue this on MFP!!! I love the challenge and the group!

Blog link from new member Mjw205
    https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mjw205/view?id=winter-5-challenge-halfway-and-really-helping-1003850

Link to my blog
    https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/Ceriusly1

Link to the 5% Community Group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142698-2022-spring-5-challenge-community
  • kimmylmccord
    kimmylmccord Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I was kimm615 on SP, but its been awhile since i was really active. Still this seemed like a friendly place to start! Friend me! Help me be accountable!
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @kimmylmccord Hi, If you can read my post above, we at the 5% Challenge would love to have you join us!
  • shanellerobbins8
    shanellerobbins8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new to the app. Looking forward to tracking my progress and becoming the healthiest version of myself
  • JustJ2014
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome to MFP. Yes, it is different but once you get used to the changes you will find plenty of former SP friends here and even some amazing new ones.

Feel free to search for the Spark Teams, 5% or join us here at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140805-spark-people-friends
  • aberlaine9
    aberlaine9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just came over from Spark360 (SparkPeople). I'm having trouble logging in and needed a place for my food journal. So here I am and loving it!
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    I'm excited about this Friday because it's the day before Day1 of the 5% Spring Challenge!

It's not too late to join us before we take off tomorrow. If you've asked for a team already, you've been sent an invitation so check your groups.

If you would like to join here is the link for the Community page where you can request a team.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142698-2022-spring-5-challenge-community-look-for-your-invitation-its-been-sent
    b088b1fs87rm.jpeg
  • guihong01
    guihong01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was on SparkPeople and I'm glad to find a (free) program here. I'm glad to see it's very active.