The Miley Cyrus Eruption

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch it. I just saw the video because everyone was talking about it and as a result I also watched her original video and Robin Thicke's video. Yeah, I will not be partaking in anything that involves them in the future. I was not impressed.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What sucks is all the hard work and dedication her dad put in during his years of struggles, gives his daughter a lift in life. this is what she does with it? That is all. =o)
    Yeah, because the years between Achy Breaky Heart and Hannah Montana were so abundant in success for old Billy Ray.

That was why he needed his barely a teenager daughter to get a TV show so he could be relevent again. If he ever was.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What sucks is all the hard work and dedication her dad put in during his years of struggles, gives his daughter a lift in life. this is what she does with it? That is all. =o)

You can have your opinion, but you can't just make one up for her dad. Billy Ray Cyrus Tweeted that night about how blessed he was. He is still his daughter's number one fan. He loves her dearly and fully supports her.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm still just trying to figure out what the hell is up with the teddy bears... they make no damn sense to me in a song about partying and snorting coke.

Have you seen the music video?

yeah... in trying to understand the teddy bears thing... I still don't get it. Maybe I have entered into the realm of "too old"....

I feel that way every time I hear a pop music song. I'm like, WTF?
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If she isn't embarrassed by the performance (or the original video) yet, she will be when she is older. And if she isn't embarrassed by it when she is older, then that will not be a good sign for her emotional and mental growth. The hope is that she is young and her brain isn't fully developed and she is making the choice to not further develop her talents as an artist and instead to do whatever it is she is trying to do right now. But, what she is doing right now, requires no talent.

With the amount of drugs she is on she won't make it to be old enough to be embarrassed. My guess is she will be Amy Winehouse.t witihin the next 10 years.
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options

You can have your opinion, but you can't just make one up for her dad. Billy Ray Cyrus Tweeted that night about how blessed he was. He is still his daughter's number one fan. He loves her dearly and fully supports her.

Yeah. The same man who appeared with her in photos that looked like they had just got out of bed together. Suuuuuuper creepy. No wonder he enjoyed watching her twerk and tongue-tease on stage.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm still just trying to figure out what the hell is up with the teddy bears... they make no damn sense to me in a song about partying and snorting coke.

Have you seen the music video?

yeah... in trying to understand the teddy bears thing... I still don't get it. Maybe I have entered into the realm of "too old"....

I feel that way every time I hear a pop music song. I'm like, WTF?

After one of our beloved Top 40 Morning radio DJ's passed away I turned it to the station he had been on (I had listened to his show when I was younger but then moved to a market that didn't carry his show and then when I came back I listened to a different morning crew on a country station) for the rememberences and tributes... I had forgotten how much fun pop music could be (I like almost all of the "top songs of the summer")... But to be honest, I was already tired and annoyed by Miley's song a few weeks ago after hearing it every 2 hours for days on end... and yesterday it was pissing me off that I had it stuck in my head at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep because of that stupid song. Though I feel this way about Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Lana del Rey a lot of times too.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    2z4dzi8.jpg
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am so sad for Miley...she has no idea what she is doing to herself now...it will come back to haunt her...she is suffering from a lack of parenting and a huge lack of esteem. It is my prayer that someone will love her enough to help her see who she really is and see the value in her life....that she is more than an "act"......really really sad that she feels the need to get attention in such a negative way.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Why? What did Miley Cyrus do? Just making the point; who cares! From the video I have seen, perhaps she needs to join a squat challenge and work on the back side. For a 20 year old it should not be that flabby....
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    847c8efb0d7b6618902a67ef9ff41270.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    If she isn't embarrassed by the performance (or the original video) yet, she will be when she is older. And if she isn't embarrassed by it when she is older, then that will not be a good sign for her emotional and mental growth. The hope is that she is young and her brain isn't fully developed and she is making the choice to not further develop her talents as an artist and instead to do whatever it is she is trying to do right now. But, what she is doing right now, requires no talent.

Just because you didn't enjoy her performance doesn't mean that *she* should be "embarrassed." She should be proud of being one of the opening acts on the VMAs. Her dad is proud, and all her fans loved it. You are acting like she committed a crime or something. She did a pop music routine on MTV! BFD! :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    847c8efb0d7b6618902a67ef9ff41270.jpg

OK, now this is just silly. You think he wants to go back to being poor and irrelevant? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I am so sad for Miley...she has no idea what she is doing to herself now...it will come back to haunt her...she is suffering from a lack of parenting and a huge lack of esteem. It is my prayer that someone will love her enough to help her see who she really is and see the value in her life....that she is more than an "act"......really really sad that she feels the need to get attention in such a negative way.

I'm so happy for her! I think I'm happy enough to make up for your sadness. :flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

if you think she is so messed up then you should blame her father for exposing her to Hollywood.

my guess is she will take these opportunites her father gave her and go on to be more successful than he ever was.

already is way more successful.

Meh- no big deal.

She got a new manager end of 2012... you know who it is? Britney Spears old manager.

This is literally nothing new. I can't believe how any one is possible shocked.

If you watch the VMA's you know it's about that.

And if you watch the VMA's- you're probably the kind of person to watch music video's on you tube... and if you are... you probably saw both Blurred Lines and We Can't Stop.

Seriously. How can you POSSIBLY be shocked- the intent/content of BOTH songs is wildly inappropriate. her costuming is RIGHT OUT OF the blurred lines video.

There is nothing about this shocking.

Was it tacky? yeah- was it crude? yeah- was it very good? absolutely not.

But shocking? really what do you people live under rocks? I don't even have twitter- or follow facebook that much- I read/saw it on mainstream media/news.

Get over it. She's a talented singer- I like her stuff- she can actually sing. But this- was nothing about singing- or dancing. It is what it is. She's 21- she'll get over it. And we'll move on to the next child star disaster gone bad.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Just because you didn't enjoy her performance doesn't mean that *she* should be "embarrassed." She should be proud of being one of the opening acts on the VMAs. Her dad is proud, and all her fans loved it. You are acting like she committed a crime or something. She did a pop music routine on MTV! BFD! :smokin:

Well, that's an over reaction. I don't think she committed a crime, not even close. Please do not put such ridiculous words into my mouth. I know the difference between doing something embarrassing and committing a crime. I would never ever ever describe a crime as being embarrassing. When I hear crime, I think of violent crime of a human against another human. Why would you even go there? Wow!

You are right, it's just my opinion. When I watched the VMA and her music video it was difficult for me to watch because I was cringing, imagining her watching it when she was 30, and I felt embarrassed for her and I found that uncomfortable. But, if she doesn't grow out of this "phase" then it's not going to go well for her long term career (in my opinion). I would not consider that to be a crime. there are no laws against it, no prosecutor would ever take the "case", there would be no case, there is no penalty and no jail time.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Yeah. The same man who appeared with her in photos that looked like they had just got out of bed together. Suuuuuuper creepy. No wonder he enjoyed watching her twerk and tongue-tease on stage.

Are you kidding me? Are you suggesting an incestuous relationship here? That's not even "dirty-minded," just gross!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Well, that's an over reaction. I don't think she committed a crime, not even close. Please do not put such ridiculous words into my mouth. I know the difference between doing something embarrassing and committing a crime. I would never ever ever describe a crime as being embarrassing. When I hear crime, I think of violent crime of a human against another human. Why would you even go there? Wow!

You are right, it's just my opinion. When I watched the VMA and her music video it was difficult for me to watch because I was cringing, imagining her watching it when she was 30, and I felt embarrassed for her and I found that uncomfortable. But, if she doesn't grow out of this "phase" then it's not going to go well for her long term career (in my opinion). I would not consider that to be a crime. there are no laws against it, no prosecutor would ever take the "case", there would be no case, there is no penalty and no jail time.

I think it's an over-reaction to feel embarrassment over this. :laugh: :wink:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I think it's an over-reaction to feel embarrassment over this. :laugh: :wink:

Well, I guess just because I'm a dancer. And I know that what she did is an embarrassment to actually doing something with talent. Instead of building on her talents, she is choosing to do stuff that takes no talent. She made a public fool of herself. I disagree with the concept that any publicity is good publicity. That is only true if the person has only the goal of being famous and talked about just for that fact alone. But, it's not true for an artist in the development of a successful career and in which they grow into adulthood and are respected in their field as a talented artist

The fact is that all artists are going to do things that some people will love and others will hate. That kind of polarization is a fact of life among innovative or Avant Garde artists. But, there was no artistry, or innovation in what Miley did. It was a sell out.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    how did this thread make it past the first page. let this thread die like hannah montana did.

Khaaan.gif