Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Rori - We are back on the 31st March from our Mediterranean cruise. I would love to meet up. <3 We go away again in the middle of June.
    So glad you are getting out there. :)

Back to my memoir today. :D I tried to start the blurb the other day. Oouufff! The hardest thing.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    worked a lot on writing and tracked food. a bit over goal but probably net loss (hard to gage sometimes). it's 8:15 pm. I was gonna go over a text with my corrector but she might not be free this evening.

kind a tired as usual in evening gonna watch a video or something and relax for the night if I don there from my corrector.
    I wrote this and someone disagreed. :D I imagine that I was a mistake- unless they disagreed that (1) I probably had a net loss for the day (that's possible to disagree with...though hard for the reader to gage! :D ) (2) that my corrector might not be free. (3) that I'm kinda tired. (4) that I'm gonna watch a video :D I'll chalk that up to a mistaken comment ! :D

RORY that sounds like. lovely get away!

BOOKS on the facts of life etc, Actually books aren't bad; I didn't get a book when I was very young but I remember the classic MY BODY MYSELF seen in early 20s which seemed to break taboos and seemed overall positive. Actually not every mom-daughter relation is one that such a conversation is comfortable in (shyness of one or other, or feeling of invasiveness in a private area...)...
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    got up got coffee, ran into mayor and her assistant and an old student, 30 min residual ironing and laundry, 15 min once over elsewhere, 15 min tidying kitchen, 25 min on and off fast on recumbant (I tried to go fast but I would get distracted and slow down :D but did at least 15 min fast, 12 min walking to café and back. :D Now down to writing. nurse has to come by around midday - which is a pain. not really that but I need to take a shower just before she comes - that's the only time I can take a shower so I don't have a wet bandage. not really sure if this is necessary. her just coming 1x to check that it wasn't infected was probably enough in reality. (for those who missed it - I had another bump removed Thursday and have stitches - since it's on lower back I can rather easily change it but can't see it and was unsure if the pulled feeling was just the stitches (it was) or if it could have conceivably been irritation (it wasn't).

Then have someone coming over at 1h30 to help with paper work for 2 hours, and new cleaner at 3:30. the place is not in major need but she can clean the bathroom, a quick once over on kitchen surfaces and clean the floor, and maybe vaccum the mattress.

All that only leaves me 2h to work before the people come by. Not much.

I might be able to work while cleaner is here, but not so much when paperwork helper is here. I need to be pretty available to work with her or explain things.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, wii, livestream church, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, e-mail fire district minutes and meeting reminder.
    Bonus: Freddie’s
    Just one thing: removed a few items from the keyboard stack for recycling.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, learn the right GDLL, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    10: Take some time to reflect on what you have accomplished this week: Established 2 good habits:1- BB&B, SWSY, T’ai Chi or wii, after readings before solitaire. Worked up to 15 mins, 30 of TC. 2-Apply sunscreen every morning, rain or shine. Wash face nightly. Started a tiny habit: after flush’n’wash 3 sit-to-stands.
    11: Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward.

Freddie’s was full of people but those shelves that weren’t blocked off for the remodel were half empty. Will try BiMart for Jiffy corn muffin mix and Del-Cur for pea gravel, terra cotta flower pots and saucer, maybe even a heavy duty plant caddy to replace the broken one under Mama’s ficus.

Julie “thank goodness decent comfort for women has become trendy..” Amen!
    Carol love Lenox Christmas dishes, but thankful I don’t have any ;) Joe loves paper plates too. Me, I prefer my white Corelle.
    Pip ((hugs)) sad but grateful Lenny was in your life.
    Heather sounds like a lovely time was had by all. You’re a far better cook than I, restaurant roast beef is much better than what I can make.
    Katla Joe gets his booster the 29th, I get mine the 22nd. Will prep arm with lidocaine before and have aspirin ready for the afters. ;)
    Annie if the 2 year old is allowed to range freely in the not-childproofed area, can you at least keep your dog safely closed in your bedroom? Then let the mom and grandma watch out for the toddler?
    Rebecca super windy here too, but not as biting cold as it will be. :love: baby athena’s wild hair.
    Terri :love: your art and Pyrex. Corell is an oven safe glass product like Pyrex, but not clear, solid colored, sometimes with printed designs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corelle
    Michele stirrup pants? Oh yeah I remember those.
    Rori your Pocono holiday sounds just right, all the way down to poodles and Last Tango in Halifax. Had to look twice to find Lucy :laugh: ((hugs))
    Barbie, loved hearing about your inspiring Jake’s granddaughter to want to learn to knit. A thread (or yarn) binding the generations.
    Kay con VERY grats. Sounds like the metabolic reboot class is working well for you.

Rats. Learned the wrong choreography to Granddaddy Long Legs. Do over.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:10, weigh/wii: 10/1/31; steps>7228=7295 vits=10, log=10, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=9, Shadow=13, mfp=10, outside=13, up hill=12, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=2, Mon:SWSY=.67 , Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=.67 , PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=1, Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 :astonished: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=5, play=31 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Rori -
    So glad to see you pop up, and thank you for the healing words. Kind of one step forward and two steps back at the moment, but the brain fog that's kept me shut down for months now has largely cleared--or I've adjusted to it, not sure which. The new provider listens, which is the first thing I need. The rest we'll find out together. I couldn't be more pleased to see you in-flight again - it suits you.

Barbara -
    I think the empty shelves are going to be with us for a while. I try to avoid the news, but the global supply chain is more fragile than people think - and the move to "just-in-time" inventory is turning out to be a double-edged sword. It was a notion that came out of Toyota in the 1970s, that the product wouldn't be created until after it was sold. However, "Just-in-Time" only works when suppliers' ability to manufacture and ship or transport works. It's just a huge, tangled snarl of the companies that are no longer producing because the pandemic took them out, added to the problems getting folks to go back to work, and so on. It will take months, if not years to get the logistics sorted out again. Genuinely a mess.

Sitting here sipping my second cup of honey vanilla chamomile tea, time to snag some breakfast.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    QUESTION

How long does it take you to track daily?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    QUESTION

:) I eat the same things repeatedly so they are all in my "recent foods" list so it takes me very little time
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    QUESTION

When I'm doing it ... less than 5 min.

Like Barbie, I eat basically the same things, so I go through and log a couple weeks in advance then make a few little changes here and there on the day.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Will try to get second bid on furnace today. Time to start bringing in some plants. We are going to get a cool down at the end on the week. High 40's at night and upper 50's during the day. We had a delightful last couple of weeks. Goal this year is to clear out our attic over the garage and the basement. This will keep me pleanty busy. I am taking a few things to son's house. Only if there is a spot for it or a use. The rest Salvation Army and other charities. I will save a few children's books because I plan to volunteer at the school up the street from us when pandemic eases. My plan is also to call a junk hauler for the things that the charities won't take like old cabinets and a TV that is one of the old heavy ones. This will be a year project at least.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH & I were vaccinated with Pfizer for the third time yesterday. I had an easy time with it but DH had a tough time. He was awake much of the night. He is sleeping now-8:11 am.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    A warm, bounteous and Happy Thanksgiving to Tracey, Evelyn, and all our Canadian friends!
    Even Machka in exile ;)
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    China - I have dishes for 6 of the Spode Christmas classic design, and a collection of service pieces… I have loved it since I was little, and a friend of my mom’s left it for me in her will. I was so surprised and pleased, I always think of Fran when I use it. I use it in December and often I will do a dinner party in June for ½ Christmas just to make an excuse to use it a second time during the year. My everyday is the Corelle the white background with a circle of ivy on the edge. My BFF has the same corelle so between us we have service for 48 which is great when either one of us has a big gathering we have matching plates, as we will meet and “loan” our plates or service pieces. When my mom passes away there is a set of china that was my paternal grandma’s that I will get. It’s pretty, and my mom has had it and used it for special occasions for years, But I have no memory of it being used at my Grandma house.

Smiles Kim in N. California