WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    I’m seriously thinking of going outside the town tomorrow night, they are supposed to be spectacular.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Tracey - That's a lovely story and a great gift you gave to your godson. <3
    Bea gets a lot of encouragement. Who knows where it will lead! :D At the moment she is unstoppable!
    I had a teacher at school that I have written about in my book. She took my writing seriously. What a great teacher she was!

Quiet today! :p Weather miserable. Our clocks go back tonight. I get really hungry with the extra hour to wait! I hated it when the kids were small because they woke up so early!

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Tracey- seeing the Northern Lights would be amazing- just seeing pictures are great but to actually see them would be wonderful.

I lived far enough north in Alberta for many years (11 years?) so I saw the Northern Lights quite frequently. I'd like to see the Southern Lights!

:)

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, dogs to powerline, didn’t yell or get snotty with pharmacist or Opthamologist’s tech.
    Bonus: 27 mins cleaning, 40 mins vacuuming, 27 mins grooming Tumble.
    Just one thing: repotted kalanchoes and Joe’s rescue mum. You’d that after 37 years together he’d know that orange and yellow are my least favorite colors, but I shouldn’t complain. He did bring me flowers ;}
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make up 30 mins T’ai Chi and Tuesday line dancing (practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL,) dog group, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m So Used to Being Broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    30: Identify three things that give you hope for the future: nope, more focused on being grateful for the NOW.

28: Ask yourself “Will this still matter a year from now?”: Needed good strategy for dampening over reaction to not just one but two pharmacy phkups today. (rant) [/spoiler]1. Booster at Brookings RiteAid. Joe had an appointment at 10:40 for his booster. When he arrived in the pharmacy area of our local RiteAid, only the “Prescription dropoff” window was open, and there were at least 10 people in line. He didn’t get in line because a: he wasn’t there to drop off a prescription. . . and b: by the time all 10 were served he’d be late for his appointment. Instead he found a chair in the consultation area and waited for 15 minutes to be called, then when no one “would talk to him” he left. (You and I know that since he’d not checked in, no one was going to call him, but tell that to a stubborn old guy ;} ) Super frustrating and nothing like the good setup at RiteAid in Crescent City where we were greeted, given forms, checked in, vaccinated, sat down to wait for 15 mins, in and out in about 25.. This is concerning as BiMart, where Joe has been getting his prescriptions filled, sold their pharmacy to Walgreens/RiteAid, and will close their Brookings pharmacy at the end of the year and Joe was going to transfer to RiteAid as he doesn’t like the crowded parking lot at Freddie’s. 2. Eyedrops at Brookings BiMart: He’d stopped to pick up his new eye drop prescriptions. These are two generics to “do the same thing” as the Simbrinza samples that have been doing well for him, but the insurance company won’t cover. When Joe got home, he had only one bottle of drops AND the label instructed him to instill in his left eye. Good thing he knows it’s his right eye that has the high pressure. I wanted to call the prescribing Dr. but Joe persuaded me to call the pharmacy first. Pharmacist confirmed the Dr.’s order came through as left eye, and advised the second drops were on back order. When might they arrive? March 2022. That’s when I started laughing. I asked how much the Dr.-preferred Simbrinza would cost without insurance coverage: $200. Bad enough but less than the $400 we’ve paid for other drops in the past. Asked him to order for us, he said they’d be in Monday. Called the prescribing eye Dr’s tech, explained everything. She advised the rx should have said BOTH eyes ;} Agreed that March was too long to wait for the Brinzolamide and asked if I wanted her to call in the rx for the Simbrinza. I said yes as I cannot really believe the pharmacist would order just on my say so. [/spoiler] Really had to laugh, otherwise I’d be shrieking, snorting, swearing, weeping, wailing and gnashing teeth.

Just skimmin’ but Rori would you please post a pic of your giant drawing?
    Tracey thankful for your cousin’s reaching out. Fingers X’d.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:29, weigh/wii: 29/4/65; steps>7228=7284 vits=29, log=29, CI<CO=28, CI<250<CO=21, Tumble=29, Shadow=26, mfp=29, outside=32, up hill=28, clean 10=25.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=4, Mon:SWSY=4 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=3.87 , PW=3, Thurs: BB&B=4.3, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 10/24:143.5 :sick: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=17, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• Machka9
    Options
    2mamp8sawstn.png

Saturday Highlights

- Going for a drive in the countryside to check some cycling route possibilities. It is gorgeous out there! After all that rain, everything is very green, plus there was snow down to 600 metres so the mountains are topped with snow. And the cycling route possibilities are good!

- Spending an hour weeding. I actually enjoyed it! It's peaceful, and I got most of my bed weeded. I want to finish that and plant seeds tomorrow ... but where are my seeds? I have this feeling I put them somewhere safe.

- Cycling inside for just over half an hour.

And now I need to work on my cycling club stuff ... while I think about those seeds. We've checked the greenhouse and shed and I've checked numerous drawers. They can't have just wandered off.

g3g7fg2tf3in.png

Distance: 11.10km
    Elevation: 61m
    Moving Time: 34:15
    Elapsed Time: 34:15

................................ Avg ............... Max
    Speed:.............. 19.5km/h ...... 45.1km/h
    Heart Rate: ...... 130bpm ........ 147bpm
    Cadence: ......... 77 ................. 108
    Power: ............. 63W .............. 98W
    Calories ........... 123

Regarding the Heart Rate conversation earlier, I wore a HRM as I do when I cycle inside, and you can see my average and maximum heart rates during that ride. It was what I would call, a relatively casual ride.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Found them!! Bottom of a basket, under a bunch of stuff, tucked into a drawer. A safe place, apparently!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i slept ,but cold still in full force so will have to beg off from the anniversary party tonight ,1 - i dont want to get anyone sick especially Lorettas mom she is just off her chemo treatments..
    And I am just not feeling up to being around all my friends and thats a sad thing..im going to work a little at a time on my bedroom,go down to the pharmacy and pick up meds and i will have to wear a mask the whole time they are working because the dust will be flying ,just what i need with a cold.. Oh well it is what it is.. i am drinking alot of fluids and resting and thats what im supposed to be doing...
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    a75l4b91g6jp.png

My checklists have a day!! I wonder what they are doing to celebrate.

M in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Saturday! I woke up yesterday with a fever, and headache/sinus pain. I had to call all of my families and cancel care for the day. The guilt was enormous, as it was a party day. I rescheduled our Halloween Party for Monday and will just keep the deco up through then. I took some meds and slept pretty much the whole day. Waking only to have some Campbells chicken soup with a generous helping of hot sauce added.
    Soups- Although I ate Campbells soups as a kid, I don't eat them as an adult and prefer to make my own (less sodium, sugar, etc). I still have Campbells chicken noodle on hand for my DH, because he has so many days when he wants something warm and quick. I had a idea lightbulb turn on in my head, while I was sick yesterday. I can make and freeze my own soup in one/two person portions! lol I have never thought about freezing soup. I make a couple of soups weekly during the colder months; I could do this and put a couple of servings in the freezer and that would ensure that I would have home made soup whenever I get sick! I like this idea!
    Machka- lol I am laughing at the idea of "what are your lists doing to celebrate?" Mine would most likely be out meeting other lists and getting ideas...
    Rori- Your art therapy sounds amazing! Hugs to you and Mars!
    Lanette- So happy to hear from you! Sorry about the troubles over the past couple of months! Life is certainly a rollercoaster ride. You are truly an amazing and strong woman; and I am pleased to know you (as well a we know each other through this group). But amazing and strong need to keep their "cup" filled. Please accept the love and strength that I am sending your way! <3
    Barbara- Ugh! I feel you on the pharmacy/doctor issues. So exhausting!
    Tracey- So happy your cousin/bf reached out to you!

I am feeling better today, so I had better get out of the chair and get my shopping done and get some chores taken care of. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) My dog walking friend has other plans this morning with her daughters so she won't be walking with Bessie and Sasha and me. That allowed me to luxuriate in hitting the snooze button a few times and get up at 4:30 instead of 4:10. It is dark when I wake up and dark through nearly all of the dog walking time. I love the sense of privacy we have in the dark. No one else is out and the world is ours. There is a light on a pole in front of every house in the neighborhood and I carry a flashlight.

:) Today the dogs go to a new groomer. It is exciting and scary for all of us.

:)Barbara, I had such a frustrating time trying to make appointments for the booster that I gave up.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelly

So sorry you are under the weather!

You have one of those jobs where you can't get sick. (((Hugs)))

Freezing the soup - one little hint that might be useful if you have the room to do it is to freeze the soup in the mug or bowl you are likely to want to use when you are sick, then transfer the frozen soup to baggie. Then you just put the soup in your mug and heat in microwave when you want it.

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I am subscribed to Dan Rather's Steady.

The most recent edition includes this old classic. I never tire of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

Love,

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    My son's family has been taking covid tests all week, mainly to protect DH and me. PCR and lateral flow. Max's class has loads of cases, but he is negative. It is so kind of them.
    I feel a lot safer, having had the booster. We could still catch it, of course, but not badly.

My friend G wants to chat in a bit. She will have just got in from driving south today.
    I'm slowly getting round to my publicity rounds. Sent an email to a radio show this morning. My DDIL is going to give me a few contacts. Kind of her.
    You have to try. :)

Much love to all. Hope you feel better soon KJ. <3

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori – Making your pain into a kite is brilliant. Will you fly it outside, or use it as art in your home? Give Mars a gentle pat for me. :heart:

Tracey - I had a glimpse of the Northern Lights many years ago. They were green, constantly moving, and brilliant. I haven’t had the good luck of seeing them in person since then. I count you as very lucky. I hope you have a good time with your friend. :heart:

Barbara – The Bi-Mart near us has also closed its pharmacy. They still have shelves of vitamins for sale. Better than nothing, I guess. :ohwell: We got our vaccinations at our local Walgreens. We’ve each had three Pfizer vaccinations and a flu shot there. They were organized and things moved swiftly. I had an easy time with my third vaccination, but DH didn’t feel good for several days after he took his shot. :noway:

Machka – I am impressed with your level of exercise. I typically ride my terra-tryke, a three wheeled trike I ride in the garage on its trainers, but since I fell and bonked my knee I haven’t felt up to it. Today my knee felt a little bit better. I’m hoping to be back at riding the terra-tryke soon. :star:

Barbie – Dogs are wonderful, and I sure miss walking with mine. I miss him every day. We have travel & family obligations this fall, but we’ll be looking for a puppy in 2022. :flowerforyou:

Karen - I loved watching Laurel and Hardy on our black and white TV when I was growing up. So funny! :heart:

Sunday is Halloween! We need to get ready with some treats in case someone comes to our door. We will have our front door light on. :bigsmile:

Katla in Halloweentown
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rita))) - Sending love and support. 💖