WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara We don't invite people to eat at our house for lots of reasons, some the same as yours. The last person who had a meal at our house with us was my morning dog walking friend who also cuts Jake's hair. She is vaccinated and comes into our house every morning. Jake wanted to do something to thank her for cutting his hair so she rode with us to the Taco Time drive through and selected her meal that he paid for and we brought our food back to the house and ate together.

:)Tracey, one of the questions asked by one of the attorneys at jury selection was "would you have trouble judging someone?" No one said yes, but you would have had the chance to speak up. Since a jury is 12 people, it doesn't seem so judgmental to me because I'd be with others to make the decision based on a lot of evidence that we all heard together.

:)Heather, going to Nottingham seems like an adventure into Fantasyland.

:) My father thought soft boiled eggs on toast with Clamato juice was the meal to solve all ills.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    :)Heather, going to Nottingham seems like an adventure into Fantasyland.

:) My father thought soft boiled eggs on toast with Clamato juice was the meal to solve all ills.

<3 Barbie in NW WA[/quote]

Some bits of Nottingham are very touristy and 'heritage', but it's just a nice, normal, working city with a University. Where my son lives is 'up and coming' and is getting more trendy by the minute. He lives with his girlfriend in a lovely enclave of very old houses that used to be an old village with a cobbler and a blacksmith. Their house is 1871, quite new! :p

When I am sick, I like a bowl of white rice, plain boiled, with freshly ground black pepper.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    luayhifzrwzd.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Happy gobble!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Barbara--DH doesn't have Covid anymore, what he has is side effects of Covid and the vaccine shots. Worse part is no one can tell if these is something that will get better with time or if it will get worse.

Lisa--glad you are home resting and pray the meds heal and no more problems.

Beth--Glad to hear you got the go ahead to do more, but baby steps. Easier said than done, I understand as I find I still have to be careful with my back.

Heather--Happy to hear your visit is going well. Very nice picture and everyone looks for happy.

Katla--Great news that you are at son's and getting to enjoy the grandbabies.

Well I am working 6a-6p today. By myself so able to get somethings done. DH and DD are cooking and will go over to her house when I get off. DS and family will be there. Hope to be home early and get to bed as work the next 2 days also. So much for full staff.

Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND,NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Made it to Iowa. Spent last night in Illinois. Colby's mom should be here today. Jess shared with me last night that his mother has only been here one other time and I remember that was years ago when she lived in Virginia. His mother evidently doesn't approve of the fact they live together. Think I'll text Denise and Pete happy Thanksgiving. Going over to jess' later today. There's a football game tomorrow so I understand that the hotel is booked.

Tracey we do have ties like you described only by a different name. But how did you get the candy canes hung without putting a hole in your house?

Welcome to the newbie (I forget your name..so sorry)

Allie feel better fast

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate

Michele now in Iowa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Time for my pre-event jitters. I chopped up a huge bowl of mushrooms to go in the green bean dish. They will cook down; no telling how much I will have. I bought three bags of frozen beans. I think I overdid that for seven people. I should have made a practice dish a month ago but I only found out what I was bringing the other day. Oh well, how bad can it be? The hard part is faking the cream of mushroom soup because too many of us can't have cream.

Meanwhile, happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Limp, stringy, not crunchy. Note to self: do NOT buy frozen asparagus unless you plan to puree into cream of asparagus soup. :laugh: :sick: :laugh: hbd559ky69gl.gif
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Oh! I had a viber chat this morning with the grandsons, Joaquin and Miguel! Miguel greeted me with "Hi Gaga!" and Joaquin told him, "No! Grandma is Abuela!" My daughter then explained to Joaquin that "abuela means grandma in Spanish and he has Abuela Maria (who is visiting them this week, so he is using the term Abuela, every day) but Gaga is Grandmere which is French for grandmother. So he has Abuela Maria and he can call me either Gaga or Grandmere LaMore." He chose Gaga. lol The boys are doing well, have colds; but 'tis the season... New grandson due in a week! Counting down!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Holiday walk w/family- 2hrs 50min 28sec, 197elev, 90ahr, 106mhr, 3.50ap, 10mi= 925c
    Strava app = 1206c

Extra 2mile bonus walk and done in under 3hrs
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lisa: Thanks Lisa. It’s not a biggy in comparison to what some of us are going through, but at my age any medical disruption take time to get over, and like you I tend to overestimate my capabilities πŸ˜‚
    Beth: 😍 100% weight bearing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» but don’t go too mad πŸ˜‚
    Sue: ((Hugs))) Take care of yourself
    Heather: So pleased that your visit went well.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Ugh I cant move,but it was a lovely lovely afternoon,we went to the restaurant at just the right time as because when we were leaving it was getting busy...
    The serving was huge.. and they gave us a turkey sandwich to take home,we took a nice drive down to Sea Gull beach and then downtown Hyannis.. and back here to the hotel..
    We are in for the night but Doris bless her might go for a swim.they have a heated indoor pool.
    Tomorrow we will take a drive up to Provincetown but we will take 6a and enjoy all the litlle towns in between, just enjoying each others company
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    πŸ¦ƒ Happy Thanksgiving πŸ¦ƒ
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    πŸ¦ƒβ€
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B) Happy Thanksgiving to all
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are currently staying with our son & family. We’re having a grand time. The visit is longer than I expected, but we’ve enjoyed time with our grandson & his new baby brother.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Katla