WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options
1575859606163»

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Really looking forward to a long weekend with DH out of the house- he is going with a co-worker to a comic-con in LA- leaving Thursday and won't be back until Sunday night.
    He is at his mom's now and I guess she is throwing one of her fits- and he is just sitting there taking it(but of course will be going on and on about it when he gets home, wish I had Zumba tonight- but will stay at the park extra long today)- the worst parts are she is going on and on about the money she is giving at Christmas and about our son's girlfriend- saying she is never allowed over there- I have no idea why. Rovin is a sweet and quiet girl and is always welcome here. i haven't told her about Fumiko's rant yet. I will talk to my son this evening.
    She ruins every Christmas- I just want a calm, drama free holiday- mostly spent with my mom.
    Next weekend I will be with mom- making candy all weekend- sooooo looking forward to that.

Ok- rant is over- time to pick up my daycare girl at school and hang out at the park for a while

Hope you all have a better day

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been skimming to catch up. We had our youngest daughter, son-in-law and their two dogs for a week. Loved having the company but was exhausted by the end.
    Kelly- I sure hope you don’t get sick. Did you disinfect everything? It is surprising how many vaccinated and boostered people are getting the virus.
    I will try to stay caught up now.
    SueBDew in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,754 Member
    Options
    Cecil is a beautiful dog who just turned one year of age. But I think all of your comments are spot on. Lisa ... I've made the comment multiple times to my son that the dog is too smart and too bored. We'll see what the next couple of weeks bring. Ultimately, we need to make the best decision for the dog.
    c9zo6izgdvxc.jpeg
    ogwo53385skm.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,903 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Been skimming to catch up. We had our youngest daughter, son-in-law and their two dogs for a week. Loved having the company but was exhausted by the end.
    Kelly- I sure hope you don’t get sick. Did you disinfect everything? It is surprising how many vaccinated and boostered people are getting the virus.
    I will try to stay caught up now.
    SueBDew in TX

The vaccines don't prevent you from catching the virus ... but they will likely prevent you from having serious symptoms.

I think the hope is that with everyone vaccinated C19 will become like the common cold.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    MRI went fine, results are in my chart but I font know how to read them.. came home and have slept and will go back to sleep. They twilighted me so i didnt know what was going on. And they were very kind.lets just hope thats the last time i see a hospital for a long long time
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    This next week will be good protein wise as I got a roasted chicken, some jumbo shrimp, and more beef kielbasa sausage. Veggies chosen were a yellow onion, spinach, two tomatoes, and a small head of cabbage. Treats were artichoke bruschetta, coconut/chocolate things with chia seeds and dried fruit and my marshmellow with molasses cookie treats. I will make more wild rice cups to put in the freezer. Forces me to only have a small portion. I am prepped and know what to expect. No surprises👍🙃😊. Have yet to get photos from daughter in law from our visit.
    I didn't take any photos as I don't have a camera, nor did I carry my tablet around.
    My son and daughter in law got settled in quite quickly, and by the 25th, when Lee and Galen drove down, were hanging stuff on the walls. Athena seemed to adjust very well. Her room kinda the same placement, but a bigger room. Their living room is carpeted so lots of family wrestling can go on.💖👍
    I think they appreciated me there to help watch Athena while they went to get things, and on Wednesday they spent most of the day cleaning their old apartment.
    Its nice to be home though. Even managed to lose 1 lb on my trip of uncertainty eating, some snacking, and soda now and then. I eyed my portions and stuck to 1 or 2 meals a day. No breakfasts though, (except those two days of donuts and coffee).🙃😂
    Can you believe its Dec tomorrow??? Lee and I getting our yearly flu shots. Something we schedule every Oct or Nov.👍
    hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Flea- im claustrophobic so i didnt want to be in a tube awake..
    My son drove me home.. and ive just sort of relaxed the rest of the day..
    Tomorrow i should be back into the swing of things..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :) I just came back from an hour long walk in the drizzle so I could end the month with an average of 14,000 steps a day.

:) Here is the link to the new thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850103/women-ages-50-for-december-2021/p1?new=1
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,560 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 37min 59sec, 3.04ap, 128elev, 81ahr, 101mhr, 8.07mi= 727c
    Strava app = 974c
    Housecleaning etc at Moms house- , 1hr 48min, clean chandelier, pick up poop, clean two window on outside, put up Christmas tree = 498c

Total cal 1225
  • Machka9
    Options
    Flea- im claustrophobic so i didnt want to be in a tube awake..
    My son drove me home.. and ive just sort of relaxed the rest of the day..
    Tomorrow i should be back into the swing of things..

I fall asleep during MRIs. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I just came back from an hour long walk in the drizzle so I could end the month with an average of 14,000 steps a day.

:) Here is the link to the new thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850103/women-ages-50-for-december-2021/p1?new=1

Thank you!! :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am happy to be here. We don’t travel often and enjoyed our recent trip. It was great to go to DS’s home and see Virginia, but I’m happy to be home again. Being home and communicating with friends here is wonderful. I am still working on getting comfortable with the new mfp changes. I would have liked to get used to the new site with more time and more understanding of the changes. Hopefully I will get used to the changes.

Katla
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    December
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    ...first I want to apologize if this is a reply so someone or just a post... because I really don't know how to use this site ....
    just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

(since I really don't know how to use this site or get around .... if anyone sends me any message I probably wont see it ....sorry! )