WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    ]
    Carla, sad your family will lose the house on the lake. How long had it been in your family?

SIXTY PLUS years auntiebk!!! (I won't say exactly...lol)
    Mom and Dad bought the property the year before I was born. It was a shack-of-a-cabin then and they built it up. We went their every weekend during the spring, summer, fall and sometimes even in the winter, although their was no heat, but the wood fireplace! (and no running water... EVER) Then, when they decided to retire, they built their dream home there. Just KILLS me to lose it, all us kids are pretty much "settled" and none of the grands can afford it. :'(
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    tjb1o9e8sjil.jpeg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie – Thanks for your kind words. Today things are going very well. We had a good day with our adult kids and our grandsons. We’re getting ready to fly back to PDX in the next few days.

Flea – I hope you have a good experience and an enjoyable trip.

Rebecca – Athena sounds like a grand little girl.

Tracey - What fun to have your daughter and granddaughter to help you decorate for Christmas. I love the photos. :star:

We went to Colonial Williamsburg today with our son, daughter-in-law and children. We had a grand day with one another. There were shops and demonstrations, plenty to look at in shops and toys for a little boy. We’ll be leaving for home in a few days.

Katla

I went to Colonial Williamsburg many years ago. Hubby #1 was going to school back there(Coast Guard) and I flew back for a week to be with him. That is one of the places we went. Also went to Washington DC- Guess I shouldn't have gone out there- he spent too much time with me and ended up not passing the class and got sent home a week after I was there(but we had an amazing time)
    I still have one of the hand blown glass vase/pitcher that I got there. That was way back in '84
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm processing the photos from our trip to Maria Island and must show you these ones ...

0z2boi5wja9p.png
    078wctxnzd5p.png
    j86nem31j78q.png

The story is written and is just waiting for me to finish illustrating it. I'll be selecting a few photos from the massive collection I've got here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157720182692278

And I'm not finished processing photos yet ... there will be more. :)

M in Oz

LOVE the pictures of the wombats!!! Thanks for sharing. I am sure they look even more amazing in person
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Julie - What an awful time you have had. I really hope this week will be better. <3
    Can you tell me what the French call a 'cleaner'. Nettoyeur(euse) doesn't sound right to me. Is it domestique?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Julie- I hope all the terrible stuff is behind you, they are taken care of quickly and you have an amazing holiday!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Kelly ... I would be mad at my husband too, but your son wasn't thinking either ... Praying your exposure doesn't result in illness.

Tracey and Machka ... love the photos!

Julie ...hope this will be a better week for you ...

Vicki ... I still send Christmas cards too. For years I wrote a "Christmas Letter" but haven't in quite a while. Might do one this year since I have time on my hands.

Our "Puppy" .. the one that broke my leg ... is out of control. He's not mean, but he is definitely turning into a very strong bully. My guys are so afraid of him barreling into me again that he is barricaded from most of the house. He's using his teeth again to play and those nips are getting too strong. Can't manage him on a leash ... he just plays tug of war with it. I've asked a local trainer to come to the house and she is making an exception so we can get him to the point where we take him to her facility. He's about 100 pounds now of sheer strength. I can't manage him. My husband's back is protesting. And my son is working all day. So hoping this will be a good thing, otherwise I'm not sure we can keep him.

Beth near Buffalo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Beth - My son and DDIL had to let their excitable dog go to another home where they had the time and energy to train him. Both the dog, and they, are much happier. <3 A pet isn't always a good 'fit' for a family.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 38min 5sec, 3.12ap, 89elev, 82ahr, 98mhr, 5.10mi= 454c
    Strava app= 618c
    Walk to gym- 11.19min, .53mi= 49c
    Strava app= 64c
    *new machine* Vertical Versa Climber- 30min, 124ahr, 143mhr, 1889ft= 261c
    Treadmill jog- 4.11min, 129ahr, 169mhr, 7.0-8.9sp, 8.22min mi, .50mi= 56c
    Walk from gym to store then home- 18.15min, .80mi= 87c
    Strava app= 97c

Total cal 907

Only ran 1/2 mile but not bad… did an 8.22 minute mile.also did a new machine
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Kelly they were plain inconsiderate and I would be upset too. It was like when roofer came and said by the way my girlfriend has COVID. I had to quar for two weeks when that happen. I now wear a mask again everywhere, avoid crowds, and keep my distance when I can.

Beth hard choices. Even though Drew is small only 14 pounds I have to watch her around DH who is unsteady on his feet. She is like a cat and will get under your feet is not careful. Another reason I go over to son's house a couple hours a day.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    mfi356zlle7i.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    We have had a wonderful time visiting our son and his family here in Virginia. Yesterday we had a day in Colonial Williamsburg. We had good weather and enjoyed the town. Tomorrow we will be flying back home to Oregon. <3

I have missed this group. I have had trouble connecting with MFP and my friends here in Women 50+. I hope that I'll be able to post more often and to connect with friends in this group. :star:

Katla in Virginia

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    DGS is headed back home tomorrow. I was glad to have family here but I will be happy to get back to my routine. My schedule has been all katywampus. I will get back to the YM tomorrow afternoon and try to get the paperwork together for my mom's IRA and finding out who the beneficiary is. At 97 she nearly outlived it but there is still some money there.

I will get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to say goodby to my DGS but then probably go back to bed for a while.

Katla - have a safe trip home.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Katla Have a great day tomorrow with your family 💕 and a safe flight home✈️

<3 Mary from Arizona /Minnesota
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: massage, Part D research and enrolled with Joe’s new rx info, researched mine, will keep current plan.
    Bonus: Post Office, BiMart, oil change, called GB drug store to transfer Joe’s rxes,
    Just one thing:
    29: Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen. Listen to Sarah Gorrell’s Sussex show on BBC Radio while reconciling Part B invoices and EOBs. Maybe tomorrow after DDS :sick:
    30: Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times. Attitude of gratitude for what I CAN do.

Note to self. Get the long hours of computer time research done BEFORE any scheduled massage. After wasted it. :grumpy:

Machka who knew momma and baby wombats could be so cute?
    Barbie Dad was right!
    Pip what a spread! Great smiles.
    Heather, woo HOO!
    Lisa, right back atcha girlfriend!
    Carla :cry:
    Vicki amen sister, amen.
    Miss Kellie I’d be mad too, and not just at your DH, but and your OS. Endangering your health, your livelihood and your husband. Pfaugh.
    Beth ((hugs))

Not looking forward to the DDS tomorrow. Am looking forward to December’s fresh start as activity resolutions went down the drain the last week or two.

Lighter, lovelies!
    fuaxa9i3xpdw.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW