WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, made up 11/19 T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: portioned and froze bone broth, reconciled credit card statement.
    Just one thing:
    27: Join a friend doing their hobby and find out why they love it. Nope. Friends’ hobbies don’t appeal, or if they do, their virus risk tolerance is higher than mine..

Second attempt at Jane Golden T’ai Chi video, focused on shifting weight sloooowly from leg to leg. Yow! What a thigh workout!

Michele, “…tiny ants” Yuck! [shudder]
    Rita best of luck to you! You are so brave to tackle substitute teaching unruly 3rd graders. :astonished:]
    Debbie Used to love stopping at the Dixon produce stand, boy am I envious of those prices! Sounds like it’s time for a loving conversation about a fair division of labor with your menfolk. Then to go on strike…. ;}

Really enjoyed my day-after-Thanksgiving Wonder Bread/Best Foods/jellied cranberry sauce/turkey sandwich. One more day to indulge then time to swap veggies and fruits for starches and sweets.

Lighter, lovelies!
    dh3uzoo68aww.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Pedrick's is a great place to stop. We drove by for years, never stopping but then, one time the signs along Hwy 80 with their great prices posted got us to stop and check it out. My husband likes to go to Sacramento to see friends(more often than I like it but...) if we go up, we stop there on the way up for me. Looking forward to the Asian pears, kiwi and more of the Fuyu persimmons. I bought some locally and some years a friend of dh's brings us some(he hasn't mentioned it yet and the season is about over) I may dry some or just keep them in the fridge and enjoy them while they last plus take more up to mom in two weeks(annual candy making weekend)

Looking forward to lunch- Raising Cane's- great that we don't have to drive all the way to Vegas to get them. They are opening up one in Vacaville soon but we just found out about the one in Davis. A long drive for lunch but dh wants to go so we will- His birthday. At least he gets to pick lunch, his mom is picking dinner.

Up early for a second day in a row. Our senior cat has decided to start sleeping on dh again BUT comes over to my side of the bed and PEES! on me- wake up with my blankets wet. Thankful that I keep a lot of blankets on my side so it didn't go through to the sheets and mattress.This is something really new but it has to stop. Got up, took a shower and started washing blankets again. At least she didn't poop on me. We have no idea how old she is- she was a feral cat for many years until we got her inside

The guys are still sleeping- will let them enjoy their day off. I was the last one asleep(finally got to sleep around 2 or so- up at 7:30.
    This next weekend dh will be in LA from Thursday-Sunday so I get a bit of a break from cooking-The following weekend I will be at mom's.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Katla: So pleased you're finally getting to spend time with your grandsons.
    Debbie: I agree with Barbara. You do all that work, and they don't even have the decency to spend time with you? That's just plain rude!

Thanks. I have mentioned it but they change for a day or two then back to their old ways. I eat 95% of my meals alone, even with them in the house. Over time it has just gotten this way and I never stopped it.
    We don't eat at the kitchen table(big old oak table) because dh won't stop feeding the cats on it- says we don't eat there anyways. I keep telling him how much I HATE that but he won't stop. He started feeding the two we had up by the window by the table because the dog would get their food if it was on the floor, then, with more cats he started putting it on the table- told him I didn't like it but he kept doing it. Now, no dog and he still does it. I gave up- Still tell him how much I hate it and that we have to set up the card table in the living room for us to even eat a holiday meal. He just laughs it off. I have pretty much given up. (given up on a lot of things)

Debbie
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    How To Interpret Your Results: Based on your input, the type of rest with the highest score is the one you should focus on. It is the primary type of rest you are missing in your life. If you score 0-15: You are getting adequate rest in this area f you score 16-25: You are experiencing rest in this area but would thrive with more. If you score 26-35: You are feeling the effects of your lack of rest and need a change. If you score >35: Your life is negatively affected by your lack of rest in this area.

Category Scores
    Physical Rest Score: 21
    Mental Rest Score: 19
    Emotional Rest Score: 26
    Spiritual Rest Score: 21
    Social Rest Score: 17
    Sensory Rest Score: 24
    Creative Rest Score: 20

I find this interesting too…. Not surprised by the spiritual score, but all the rest seem high for me. Sounds like I am now on some email list. I did find myself wondering about occasionally vs rarely - for example my day committed to stuff my mom needs from me which is every 2 weeks…. Could probably be either occasionally or rarely depending on the context I picked occasionally. For things like this I like choices that are more concrete ie: 1-2 times a week 3-5 times a week 6-7 times a week …..

Thinking of everyone.
    Smiles Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    I rarely participate in these things that are posted on here but I was curious about this one….

My rest scores:

Physical Rest Score: 15
    Mental Rest Score: 13
    Emotional Rest Score: 17
    Spiritual Rest Score: 10
    Social Rest Score: 12
    Sensory Rest Score: 11
    Creative Rest Score: 14
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 27min 8sec, 135elev, 78ahr, 99mhr, 3.24ap, 8.02mi= 740c
    Strava app = 968c

Total cal 740

On thanksgiving we were home and we made our usual feast. Our new neighbor was getting some painting done on his house so he didn’t go home (San Francisco) for thanksgiving so we invited him over to eat with us. Today (Saturday) we are going to my sisters for the thanksgiving get together, I’m bringing green bean casserole, pecan pie and some vanilla ice cream, of course yogi is coming with
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Lazy day today. DGS is here until Tuesday. He does cross-stitch so we have been going through my mom's stuff and he is picking things out to take home. We found some bread cloths that mom had finished. I know that one of them was for my cousin Marie so will send that to her. I will find homes for the others too. I may keep the Christmas one for myself. Also found several unfinished bookmarks but many people don't use bookmarks anymore. I will see about those.

KJ - the gingerbread house sounds like fun.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Beth - So sorry. You've had more than enough sadness and grief to cope with. <3

I've relented on the no Christmas cooking and decided to make a dessert we both like. Chocolate Roulade. We can make it ahead , then I will cut it in two, and freeze it in the two halves. One half will be plenty for us for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Then there will be the other half for guests. :D
    I think DSIL and boyfriend might be coming down at some point, so I'm stocking up on dishes in the freezer. I've already got the spinach and ricotta pies in there. Just got to decide on a vegetarian main.

Did some of my Christmas cards today, with an insert about my book and interview. Just to those who don't know about it. They are waiting to be posted tomorrow. Good to get 14 out of the way. :p

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Hugs Vicki! That is so hard to deal with. Hope you get good help.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Jeesh long long day,woke up this morning to a flat tire. No I dont have triple A ,But have signed up now.. had to call a tow company and have them change and put the spare on,then drive down to a tire place and have them plug it and reput it on the car. So that was that. Im home,with Alfie now,will get jammies on ,I have to go down to a town about 1/2 hr away for a covid test tomorrow because i have an MRI on Tuesday.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Its me back again..
    Thinking back on the trip.. I dont know why but it just felt like it was an extra special trip ,with an extra special person and im so glad we went.. even with the tire fiasco we still had a lovely time..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Grrr! Fleas! I must have forgotten the flea and tick stuff for November.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    9udpwr35vl8z.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    😻😍
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I spent the week of Thanksgiving in Montana. I hadn't been there before and hubs had only driven through on his way to Alaska when he was a kid. It was beautiful and for part of the trip a winter wonderland. It was a pleasant temperature for us, low 30's to mid 40's. We never needed to get our coats out, although we took them with us in the car in case we had car trouble and needed them. All in all, a relaxing time!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

j3by15jvjvbz.png

Very nice!